Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it)

+4
Kevin
Steven.Hong
Grace
Isaac
8 posters

Go down

Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it) Empty Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it)

Post  Isaac Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:40 pm

If you did it, Grace and Billy, pick your own chapter for today!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it) Empty Re: Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it)

Post  Isaac Sat Feb 13, 2010 6:46 pm

"They are trying to shut you off from me so that you will pay attention only to them."
I think this is the main problem with sin. When we sin, not only do we say "God you are not sufficient" but it also shuts future relations with God. The deeper you go, i suppose, the harder it is to get out.

"23 The son of the slave wife was born in a human attempt to bring about the fulfillment of God’s promise. But the son of the freeborn wife was born as God’s own fulfillment of his promise."

Thats such a cool way of thinking about his two sons. The one with the slave girl is a human attempt, while Isaac was a God given promise.

That last part of this chapter is really cool, i like how it works. and i tihnk Isaac's bloodline goes down to David? which goes down to Jesus. So Hagar's line is meant to bound them to the law, while Isaac line, the true God given line, is meant to break that law. The Free Law

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it) Empty Re: Galatians 4 (Do it for those who didnt do it)

Post  Grace Sat Feb 13, 2010 8:50 pm

im so tired.... LOLLL ... so glad mondays a day off from school...
hmmm... so yesterday was the israel houghton/israel new breed concert.... I CANT BELIEVE I MISSED IT. i heard it was really good :S

firstly i want to share a quotation from my friendddd Smile
I think once I truly understand God's love for me, I'll be able to experience love like never before.... for He is love.

todaay..... i want to post some key verses that are good to remember and live by. they are about love, team work, and unity. things that are good to know within a team especially. and it also gives a vision and a mission towards the future within our CHURCH.

1 Corinthians 12:12
The body is a unit, though it is made up of many parts; and though all its parts are many, they form one body. So it is with Christ.

Matthew 28:18-20
Then Jesus came to them and said, “All authority in heaven and on earth has been given to me. Therefore go and make disciples of all nations, baptizing them in the name of the Father and of the Son and of the Holy Spirit, and teaching them to obey everything I have commanded you. And surely I am with you always, to the very end of the age.”

1 Corinthians 13:1
If I speak in the tongues of men and of angels, but have not love, I am only a resounding gong or a clanging cymbal.

Proverbs 27:17
As iron sharpens iron, so one man sharpens another.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:19 pm

cyclops

Galatians 4

The main point of the chapter was talking about the justificatioin by faith.

verse 1-7 its practical arguement
verse 8-20 its sentimental argument
verse 21-31 its allegorical argument
basically it talks about alot about faith.

I think that we are just like Isaac as chrisitans because we are children of promise and we are the children of the freewoman, not of the bondwoman who represents the Law.

In this chapter it talk alot about how christianity is about faith, I think christianity is about how you think and how you feel but in other religion its not about faith its more about something else. Although its hard for christians to have faith but if you keep the faith everything will end up great in the end. Very Happy
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sat Feb 13, 2010 10:59 pm

1 Think of it this way. If a father dies and leaves an inheritance for his young children, those children are not much better off than slaves until they grow up, even though they actually own everything their father had

I reflected on this verse and i thought of how useless we would be without God.
He can give us anything that we wanted but in the end of the day, if hes not there, nothings worth living.
Back then, i guess that slaves could be considered useless, but we really would be slaves if God left, althought he never would.
We would be slaves to sin, to this world, but because of God, we're really free.
It's just like that song we were singing, our chains really are gone. If Jesus hadn;t died on the cross, we would be bound to this world, we would be chained to it.
Our Gods really great because he gave us both his inheritence, (eternal life in his kingdom) and he's also there for us.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sun Feb 14, 2010 12:27 am

Ugh..sick as he!! Coughing non-stop, and neck is destryoed...great!

Woman's Hockey

Canada up 15 goals...wow

I think that today's chapter was an illustration of how confused we are with God. We know how amazing God is, but it is in our nature to want to move away from him. As Paul said, 'why do you want to go back?" We are gluttons for punishment. We know that straying away from God might be fun at first, but in the end it sucks, yet we can't help ourselves to always want to go back to our old ways.

lol labor pain for you, that is what Paul felt. We are arrogant, and we probably know that.

Paul is saying, come on take the time and think about it, befire you jump and make your choice.

that is all!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:28 am

I LOVE THE OLYMPICS
Canada women's hockey team beat Slovakia 18:0.. EIGHTEEN!
So this afternoon i was distracted cuase of himym. and then tonight i was distracted cuase of the olympics.. maybe God doesn't want me to finish this essay Razz

i really liked the analogy between the son and the child, even though they seem like the same thing at first glance... because God sent his son, Jesus,we too, become sons. That's just one of those ways that Jesus relates to us as a human.
"6Because you are sons, God sent the Spirit of his Son into our hearts, the Spirit who calls out, "Abba,[a] Father." 7So you are no longer a slave, but a son; and since you are a son, God has made you also an heir."
And in this way we mature and become so much more than just a child - because the child is still a slave to God.. But we reach a new level with our relationship with God, as we are freed from sin, and become heirs of God's kingdom. I like the family analogy, because in the end, everything can be linked back to family. My politics teacher always relates politics and society back to the family, because it's the most basic form of human relationships. In the same way, we call God ABBA, or Father. And in this relationship we're able to share the love that exists between parent and son/daughter, except on a much greater level Smile
Pretty awesome. haha
ill see you all tmrw!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Feb 14, 2010 1:56 am

Hey guys... I like the one b4 WAAAYY better, this one's jst too
boring i guess... and still laughing about yesterday LOLZ~~~~

Couldnt Practice the song but I listened to it like 15 times, I think I can play it...
Olympics are pretty boring, couldnt rele get into it... LMAO

1It is for freedom that Christ has set us free. Stand firm, then, and do not let yourselves be burdened again by a yoke of slavery.

Whenever the bible uses a poetic devise, it always catches my attention...
Using the imagery of the egg. It also says "Do not let yourselves be burdened
AGAIN." Christ died for us but like, we can always go back. Christ isnt going to
die for us twice. I found this rele fasinating. Egg represents Life/ Us, and the yolk
as our hearts... The yolk can always get infected or expload inside of the egg...
Wait, oh yea, if the yolk is exploaded inside b4 it's opened, it means its infected... LOLZ

6For in Christ Jesus neither circumcision nor uncircumcision has any value. The only thing that counts is faith expressing itself through love.

Doesnt rele matter if we sacrifice something like our skin or animals... That was like
b4 christ died for us. But what matters is our faith at heart... God can read our hearts
and also, we should express our faith and love to him... That's what matters...
Sacrificing something physical doesnt mean anything. Because we can also fake our faith
physically, but god judges you by your heart. That is fair tho

18But if you are led by the Spirit, you are not under law.

I rele got something from this verse... It makes sense, If we were all led by god and do
what he says, WE DON'T NEED THE LAW!! I get it now, the only reason people made up
the law is because people kept sinning and didnt stop doing what god told us not to do, and
we still break the law... If we didnt sin, there wouldnt be a reason for laws to exist...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Feb 14, 2010 2:43 am

Hey, just came back fomr a party, umm. My friend was literally smashed so i carried him home, friggin heavy.
I will do my devos! Sorry!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down