Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

whats the date today.......7th?

+2
Kevin
Grace
6 posters

Go down

whats the date today.......7th? Empty whats the date today.......7th?

Post  Grace Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:05 pm

haha fail, if i got the date wrong xD

i liked todays sermon a lot !
it made me think a lot and it makes me want to be more careful on how i think and act... so that ill fill my heart up with God and not anything else.
it scared me when they used that metaphor of demons filling you up... and how they come back 7 times worse when you leave that space empty. but i think thats happened to me before...i came back from my first retreat.. thought i was so free.. and then ended up being worse off than i was before. but hopefully ive fixed that now. i find myself praying more, being more active as a Christian and writing journals and stuff. hopefully im filling up that space with God instead of useless things!

sorry i didnt finish helping you guys clean up xD my ohana group was talking about some stuff so i thought i would join Smile

have a good week guys ! keep up with devos, and work hard ~~~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

whats the date today.......7th? Empty Re: whats the date today.......7th?

Post  Kevin Sun Feb 07, 2010 8:47 pm

I liked sams sermon alot because it's real. It's something that i guarantee that we can all relate to our selves.
AFter retreats we're always so pumped about God and think we're nevr gonna go back to our old ways again.
But we're always wrong, we always go back to our old ways.
Sam said that instead of ur sins filling the void, let Jesus fill your void.
When maybe we have temptations, instead of using time for that specific temptational sin, use that time for Jesus instead.
Alot of the time this can be really hard, but trying really makes tht difference
God will be alot happier knowing that you tried instead of saying im gonna sin, so might as well do it anyways, its gonna happen sooner or later.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Feb 07, 2010 9:32 pm

LOL kevin and grace practically said the same thing...

ummm yea, today's sermon was amazing but i wanted to say something...
Filling up the void with jesus... it's sounds soo easy to do but in reality,
it's one of the hardest things in life... Sam didnt say it himself but
i think EVERYBODY has empty voids or part of their heart filled with SIN
Including himself and it's hard to Take the sin out and fill it up with JESUS!
like even if it's empty, it's still gonna be Incredibly Difficult... We might not
even know how to fill it up. Because we were born as sinners and we're machines
of sin, its gonna be alot hard for us to understand the process of filling out hearts
with jesus. As far as I kno, I dunt think anybody in this world has filled their hearts
with jesus FULLY. But god never expected perfection from us, he sent jesus as
a example of Perfection. but God said be LIKE christ, Not be EXACTLY like him...
It is possible for people to fill their hearts with jesus Completly, but it's gonna be
one of the HARDEST things to do in life... so we should atleast try to fill our hearts
with jesus as Much as we can, that's the least we can do.
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Feb 08, 2010 12:12 am

ugh. im finally done my application. and i have yet to start on my politics assignment. LALALA
but thats okay cuase i have first period spare so i can sleep late! Wink

I'm really digging this series on Sin. And i loved how Sam really worked 'my heart your home' into it. it was great =)
if you think about the analogy, if our heart becomes God's home, then it means that no matter what happens, or where life takes us, that God will be at home with us. And home, I think, is by far, the most comfortable place for us, despite whatever problems we may have at home or how much fun we're having outside of home. I experienced that this summer when i went away for two months. At first i was like 'YEAHH CANT WAIT TO GET OUT OF HERE' but you have no idea how quickly i became homesick. And when I got back home, I realized that i love every bit of it. Every stain on the carpet, sketchy moldy corners, my parents' annoyingly loud korean voices.. And then you get to appreciate all the things you hated about it before.. And that's why it's such a special thing for God to make his home in our hearts.. Because that really means that no matter what, God will love all our flaws, and will always desire to be with us, even when we sometimes kick him out. Just like kevin, grace, and billy, i also liked when sam reminded us that we have to fill our empty voids with God. because if not, we're going to be tempted to fill that void with other things, and they usually end up being sinful and destructive.
(It's like at the Kelogg-Briand Pact after WWI where 65 countries agreed to never use war again as a means of establishing peace. but obviously that fell apart, because they never found a solution or alternative way to settle disputes or handle little squirmishes. and then millions of ppl died in WWII). We must learn from our past! Wink
haha no, but quite seriously, this has probabaly happened to every single one of us, and its important to reflect and realize it, so we don't make the same mistakes again. Those who don't learn history are doomed to repeat it!
haha okay, im done with the corny history jokes.

Hope you all have a GREATT WEEK!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:03 am

The thing that hit me the most was although we can empty ourselves from sin, we need to fill our hearts with somethign after.
I'm sure this was alot of what you guys got as well. I really saw that as something interesting and it inspired me to open my heart more
and be willing to understand the retreat isn't abotu being set free, but leaving with freedom in your hearts as a replacement.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Feb 08, 2010 1:12 am

It is really hard to change the state of your heart,but it is doable. Like everything in this world, nothing can change in a instant; it is by progress. You must be dedicated to change your heart, filling it with good. Sometimes it could be a long process, but it is not impossible. Hard, but possible, and you cannot do it alone. If you do it alone the frustration will do you in, but with God you can over come it! Yah!

that is all
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down