Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

just a bit of your own, please

2 posters

Go down

just a bit of your own, please Empty just a bit of your own, please

Post  Isaac Wed Feb 03, 2010 1:04 am

For it is not so much of our time and so much of our attention that God demands; it is not even all our time and all our attention; it is ourselves.

"He must increase and I decrease"

For he claims all, because He is love and must bless.

God MUST bless... it is in his nature. Because he is love

He cannot bless us unless He has us.

How much time do you set aside for God?... wrong question, how much of YOU do you set aside for God?

If you were dating someone, would you want their spare time, or time they can afford to give up?
No, you want their precious time to be spent with you.

Dont give God crap time, do you give more time to your homework than God?

Please read everything I just wrote and think about it... like ACTUALLY think about it, dont just skim this.

I read a year with C.S lewis and the theme for todays section was "giving yourself to God". Spending time with God. Coincidence? No. just great timing
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

just a bit of your own, please Empty Re: just a bit of your own, please

Post  Cathy Wed Feb 03, 2010 2:18 am

Hello everyone!
First day back, and Jacob destroyed a toilet. haha
love to hear about your bowel movements in the mornings Razz

anyways so today. i was really upset cause i didnt get a queens bursary that i wanted.. and then isaac gave me this passage to help me out, and i thought id share it.
It's from Proverbs 4.. In the beginning, it talks about the importance of wisdom. Remember when we talked about wisdom being personified into the form of a woman? Yeah that was definitely evident in this chapter. It kept saying that we should foresake all things to attain wisdom, because it is wisdom that brings us honor and grace.
Then,

" 10 My child,[b] listen to me and do as I say,
and you will have a long, good life.
11 I will teach you wisdom’s ways
and lead you in straight paths.
12 When you walk, you won’t be held back;
when you run, you won’t stumble.
13 Take hold of my instructions; don’t let them go.
Guard them, for they are the key to life."

I especially liked verse 12. It shows us that when we have understanding of what God wants for our lives, that we aren't held back or stumble. That God paves the way for us. Now, this doesn't mean that there won't be obstacles and stipulations.. But at the end of the day, if it's God's will, then there is defintely a will. That he will lead us to the right path, help us get over those obstacles, and just really allow us to push forward achieve God's purpose. But the hard part is attaining that wisdom and really being able to UNDERSTAND God's desire and how he works in our lives. At first glance things may seem ilke it isn't working out. But maybe that's part of God's plan - so that we can find other ways to overcome it. Or maybe that's not the path we're not supposed to be going down at all.
At the end of the day, we just need to keep PRAYING PRAYING PRAYING. There's no amount of INTELLECT that will help us attain WISDOM. they're two completely different things. Wisdom can only come from God, and we can only achieve it if we take the time to go TO God. Like Isaac.. or C.S. Lewis said, "He cannot bless us unless he has us."

hope you all had a great first day back!
I LOVE MY POLITICS TEACHER. Mr. Wood is the bomb. and you guys are no longer allowed to make penis jokes about his name. he's too cool for that.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum