Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 12

+2
Cathy
Grace
6 posters

Go down

Acts 12 Empty Acts 12

Post  Grace Tue Jan 05, 2010 5:38 pm

whaddd up ? just got back from Thornhill muhahaha , only time i love the orth.... when i get to skip school Smile hahahahhaa
so what is going on this week... there IS practice on friday?

5So Peter was kept in prison, but the church was earnestly praying to God for him. 6The night before Herod was to bring him to trial, Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance. 7Suddenly an angel of the Lord appeared and a light shone in the cell. He struck Peter on the side and woke him up. "Quick, get up!" he said, and the chains fell off Peter's wrists. 8Then the angel said to him, "Put on your clothes and sandals." And Peter did so. "Wrap your cloak around you and follow me," the angel told him. 9Peter followed him out of the prison, but he had no idea that what the angel was doing was really happening; he thought he was seeing a vision. 10They passed the first and second guards and came to the iron gate leading to the city. It opened for them by itself, and they went through it. When they had walked the length of one street, suddenly the angel left him.

LOVED THIS CHAPTER! i could like picture God working in this one....
imagine. You're in prison for being a Christian... all of a sudden this glowing angel is telling you to get up, your chains fall to the floor, and then tells you "follow me" and is like breaking you out of jail.... in this chapter it says that Peter thought it was all a dream, a vision from God. Even if you can picture it in your head, can you actually imagine being in his position? Just like Peter, i would probably be the same.... one of those "too good to be true" sort of things. But thats like not the main thing... verse 5 is whats really important. it says that the church was "earnestly praying to God for him." All of that, was an act from a prayer! We pray to God everyday. We may thank Him, but im pretty sure we also ask for something from God. What we pray for really does matter, with an earnest heart, if we pray about what we really want, really care about, God can make it happen! Dont think that when we pray, God is just listening... and wont do anything about it... He will act justly according to your prayer. Its gotta be hard. We cant hear Him, we cant see Him, but we always pray to Him. We have those moments where we go "is He really listening.... will He really answer what i pray for... ?"
heres your proof Smile He is, and will if it is all according to His plan!!!
Let's keep praying for this team, im sure amazing things will happen !! Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Acts 12 Empty Re: Acts 12

Post  Cathy Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:42 am

oh my goodness. so i went to the doctors today to get my swine flu shot cause my moms forcing me.. and then the doctor was like 'what about the normal flu shot'? and my mom was like YEAH WE'LL DO THAT TOO
so right now both my arms are really sore and i am not amused.

haha anyways
Acts 12: This chapter was pretty sick.
"Peter was sleeping between two soldiers, bound with two chains, and sentries stood guard at the entrance"
My friends, that is pretty heavy security, which would make escape virtually impossible for anyone, unless they had God. This is a great story of God coming to someone's rescue. This chapter was really comforting to read, because it really shows that no matter what circumstances, God will get his way and he'll make sure that he rescues us. This doesn't mean that we're going to be immortal and never die, but that if we remain faithful to God, he'll never throw us a challenge that we can't get out of and we'll always be able to fulfill God's purpose for us. We hear miracle stories of God working through other people, unlikely circumstances, etc. to help us. But Peter's rescue is really up there =) It shows us that God will go to whatever measures he has to to save us. This reminds us that we have to chill out - that we need to just trust and rely that God will provide and help us get through. Because God didn't create us so that we can live our lives always stressed and freaking out. So let's continue to pray about all of the struggles, confusion, and pain in our lives. And wait for God to come and deliver us rather than relying on our own feeble strength.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:46 am

kk guys!! had a black out today and
the internet was screwed but because of
me being a genius and all, i fixed it... LOL

Sick, peter went was sent to prison and james was killed by herod...
peter was arrested and saved by god... jst to show how god will
NEVER LEAVE YOU!! have faith in him and even if ur put to death, u
will be saved by him from sin... plus, herod died cuz he said he was a
god... cocky guy... LOL that's all folks...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Jan 06, 2010 12:49 am

i have this major headache right now Sad

im reading both NLT and The Message.
i recommend the message to all of you guys!

So Paul pulled a houdini aha...

I like the part where he sleeps well even though he was in jail. He was "surprised" and didnt expect angels to come but he still slept the night before with faith. That just goes to show you, that its not how you react FROM the miracle, its how you prepared for it.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Jan 06, 2010 1:36 am

I thought it was cool how Peter was chained up pretty well but he still escaped. I think that GOd really works miracles everyday, but they're small ones and ones that you would take for granted thinking it just happened. But in this case, this was a HUGE miracle that the only person you can think of is God when this miracle happens. God really is the best shepard, he looks after all of his little sheep and as long as we have faith in him, we'll be blessed and saved.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Jan 06, 2010 3:14 am

Sorry about yesterday guys, my pinky got infected, and I got a fever from the pain. I read the chapter! It's funny how such a small part of your body can cripple you.

Oh man it is kind of ironic that they were praying, but could not comprehand that Peter was right their outside. I think that sometimes we just reall don't understand the power prayer has. I mean you are directly talking the big guy humslef, and he is God so...I don't think anything is impossible to him. We are basically talking to the guy who created everything, that is amazing if you think about it. Sometimes the answer is right in our face, but because of our own ignorance we miss it. lol

k that is all

c ya
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content