Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

dec 27

+2
Kevin
Grace
6 posters

Go down

dec 27 Empty dec 27

Post  Grace Sun Dec 27, 2009 5:48 pm

HAHAHAHA todays sermon killed me... "what happened to the other 11 percent" HAHAHA yes.....

i like how he focused todays sermon on prayer. Like prayer is a really important part of our spiritual walk. And its so true.. like how many times do we just pray because we have to. We pray about things that arent true, things that we dont care about.. even worse.. things that just apply to us what so ever. People even try to pretend to be something they are not in front of God. Like we may be able to fool others, but we cant fool God. He knows every detail, every thing we hide from the world. Even better... offering... how many of us just throw in our offering out of routine, and pray before a meal, just cause.. even if we really dont have a thankful heart. It makes me want to put more effort into my actions and my prayers. Ive been doing a better job, but i really feel like this was more motivation for me!

sorry i didnt join you guys today... wish i was at practice...
how did you guys do ? had fun leading worship for EM? Smile
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

dec 27 Empty Re: dec 27

Post  Kevin Sun Dec 27, 2009 7:39 pm

haha Johns so punny.

Like Grace, it was important how John was talking about prayer. I think prayers so important because it's the only way to communicate with God. If your in a relationship, you HAVE to communicate with your girlfriend/boyfriend or else things defintely wont work out. If we want to build a stronger relationship with God, we have to pray and also listen. From today's sermon, i guess if we really put our hearts into prayer, god will respond like he did for Jabez.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:19 am

i just had the most amazing cookie of life. i microwaved it for just the right time and it was so gooey and chocolatey and delicious. when you read the box it says that 46% of the cookie is made of the chocolate chips! THATS LIKE HALF! hahaah amazing.

ps i love john. i hate how no one laughs at his awkward jokes except me and like. a couple other ppl... haha susie was DYING today! i love that girl.
anyways i liked how today's sermon was really simple, but effective. john talked about prayer and how we shouldn't be making 'pilsbury dough cookie prayers'. (DID I JUST HEAR COOKIE?) haha wow fat-brain. And when you think about it its so true - dont you guys find that there are certain 'phrases' that you just tend to use over and over again in prayer? That's not necessarily a bad thing but i find that i use them most often when i dont actually have a prayerful heart - then i just string a bunch of common phrases together and AHA I PRAYED. which is terrible. Because God doesn't want a prayer thats insincere or non-personal. God doesn't care about being 'eloquent'. It's funny how we get nervous before praying - especially in public (thus the nose-finger routine we alwyas do at dinner).. haha we even make fun of ppl that aren't eloquent in prayer (LOL DANNY) haha but God doesnt care how much we stutter or say our words awkwardly - hes looking for our sincere hearts - so before we sit down before a meal or pray to God before bed or during devotions, lets take the extra time to make sure that we WANT to be there talking to God. And that doesn't mean that we always have to be in a great mood and wanting to praise God - because we can't always be happy or joyful.. But even when we're angry or mad, we can pray - as long as we don't lie to God and pretend everything's alright.
I will keep that in mind! Tonight I'm doing some hardcore Cathy's-future praying. i plan on being 100% genuine and going to God like 'GOD IM SO CONFUSEDDDDD' just as i have during my other future planning panics. haha
g'night y'allz!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Dec 28, 2009 1:54 am

Sup Guys?? I feel sooo akward right now!! U kno
how like u wake up from a nap?? and it's RELE dark and
late outside?? and u jst feel RELE akward??? yea, thats how
i feel right now!!

Today was sick, and to be honest, I didnt FULLY agree with him, there were some
parts that i thought kinda differently. Like how john was talking about the book of
Jabez(?) that someone wrote a while ago, and it said about how the person who wrote
said how there was a way to pray for god to answer us and how he didnt like it.
Maybe he misread the book but it can also mean this. Pray differently in way that
you put ur heart into instead of praying like a daily routine. To be honest with u guys.
most of the time i pray, it's hard to pray and put in your heart into it when u are praying
as a group. I pray b4 i go to bed and i have to say, that's when i put my full heart into
prayer. Some people might jst fake it but u cant fake god... God will kno and I believe that
praying independently to concentrate on putting your heart is the way to go...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:46 am

A healthy diet is a good one.
Not going to lie, i forgot to thank God today when i ate that delicious sushi... so yah.
BUt it's not something you hear often... food in a sermon as well as thanksgiving.

John is quite the funny one hahaha
i don't get it.. so is NIV like merked? hmmm...
asking God not out of routine but aunthenticity is what John was getting at.
sick, period.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Dec 28, 2009 2:58 am

sorry for the lack of devos... this is the first time im actually sleeping in my own bed in the past couple of days...

I like how he talked about getting better to do better things FOR GOD. Thats the part "for God". Because if youre just getting better for yourself, then its like... what ever right?

Also i find him hilarious. Suzie, Hannah and myself were dying at the back ahaha

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down