Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 21 (Dec 16)

+2
Grace
Cathy
6 posters

Go down

Luke 21 (Dec 16) Empty Luke 21 (Dec 16)

Post  Cathy Wed Dec 09, 2009 9:58 pm

TODAY SHOULDVE BEEN A SNOWDAY. stupid york region..

"4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
This verse really reminds us that it's not the money that God wants from us - because God doesn't need money at all. If he wants something done, he can do it, no problem, without paying anyone a single cent. Instead it's the heart of giving that God wants from us - that we are able to detach ourselves from our monetary wealth and security, give it to God and trust in HIM alone to get us through. This is why Jesus says that we can't love God and money at the same time. because money provides so much security, it prevents us from really being able to put our trust entirely in God.
When I think about this woman I can imagine that she probabaly got a lot of criticism and scorn from the rest of the people in that society, because she only gave those two copper coins. But for her it was worth so much more than all of the wealth and riches that the other people gave. And this applies to everything that we give to God too. Do we give him just the stuff on the side? Whatever time we have left after we've done everything we need to do that day? Or do we make time for God and put him first? Because God only wants our best not becuase it is the best, but because he wants to see that we are willing to give our best.
thats tough. but its all worth it Smile

17All men will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19By standing firm you will gain life. '
Jesus tells us that the whole world will be against us, but because we have Jesus, we kick everyone's butts. And in the end, even though Christians may be persecuted, killed, etc. WE are the ones with life - because we have eternal life in Jesus. So it's okay that the world hates us. hahah this totally goes against everything that we're taught and everything we work for. Because really, who doesn't want to have friends or be liked and successful? But at the end of the day. more like the end of the world, i should say, none of that matters.

have a great evening everyone! im secretly hoping that all of the rain and snow from today will just freeze over tonight and tmrw will ACTUALLY be a snow day. except the york region school board is out to kill us. it took me an hour and a half to get to school today..
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 21 (Dec 16) Empty Re: Luke 21 (Dec 16)

Post  Grace Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:14 pm

why did i get a snow day todayyy ? i swear, someone told me that the new guy in charge of transportation for my school board is from ALASKAAA ! whaaat. hahahahha + the snow hates my boots. unlike isaacs timberlands Razz

3"I tell you the truth," he said, "this poor widow has put in more than all the others. 4All these people gave their gifts out of their wealth; but she out of her poverty put in all she had to live on."
this verse is DEEP! Pass the money.... theres like a way deeper meaning to it. When we give things like offering. Theres a symbol to it. We give our offering out of routine. We give our offering every week, we drop it in and we pray for it. But when we drop in that money... what are we thinking? Where are our hearts set? Its important to have your heart set in the right place during worship time, but its the same for your offering. Because giving God your offering is ALSO worshiping Him! Obeying Him! Its in the bible "give a tenth of what you have. And give only the best" We need to give God that offering saying "i know its not much, but its all i have, and i want to give it to You because i know that with YOU, even if i dont have money, ill live on forever with you and its ALL i have to give" Hes not asking for us to give our houses away. Hes just asking for a tenth. Instead of someone giving God 10000 dollars just cause, how happy would God be to be able to recieve just 1 dollar that was given to Him with a pure heart and He knows that you are willing to give everything up for Him, because you TRUST Him? Gods not asking us for money because He needs it.

14But make up your mind not to worry beforehand how you will defend yourselves. 15For I will give you words and wisdom that none of your adversaries will be able to resist or contradict. 16You will be betrayed even by parents, brothers, relatives and friends, and they will put some of you to death. 17All men will hate you because of me. 18But not a hair of your head will perish. 19By standing firm you will gain life.
I read this, i cant really decide if its hard to imagine, or if its actually possible from my view. God tells us about whats going to happen in the future numerous times in the new testiment. Pretty much its going to be tough, its going to be dark, and a lot of chrisitans are going to suffer. But Jesus here is saying "dont be scared! What do you have to be afraid of when you have God at your side? Stand firm. Its going to be hard, but we will protect you, we will help you with everything, we wont let them hurt you. Just trust God, because if you stand firm by His side, in the end, you will be with Him forever!" Even Jesus said that He doesnt know when He will return. But i dont know if you guys can tell ,but this world is actually getting REALLY bad. You never know when this day will come. But we need to be ready. Thats why its so important to know your stuff! Why we must know the scripture. So we have our proof, we can stand firm on His word and can stand strong agaisnt evil!!!!

33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.
B-I-B-L-E!!! know your stuff ! It never changesss

34"Be careful, or your hearts will be weighed down with dissipation, drunkenness and the anxieties of life, and that day will close on you unexpectedly like a trap. 35For it will come upon all those who live on the face of the whole earth. 36Be always on the watch, and pray that you may be able to escape all that is about to happen, and that you may be able to stand before the Son of Man."
satans going to try to swindle us, get us away from God. But we need to pray that God will keep our minds and hearts protected and STRONG! we need to pray that we wont fall into these traps. Spiritual warfare is like bad... and we have God, who triumphs over all! Ask Him to watch over you, help you, because He will.

wow sorry guys.. haha my devo got really long.. but its important stuff, and we need to be ready! Let's give God our all while we're here! Practice extra hard, and become from spiritually tighttt !
Im praying for a snow day. yes. HEHEHE
have a good one guysss ~
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Dec 09, 2009 11:50 pm

aha nice devos grace and cathy, aka the ones without penis' ... that was awkward... anyway

great chapter. What scares me is that a lot of the things that are supposed to happen before the second coming, are happening now, or will happen soon. Im not saying that Jesus is going to come back tomorrow, no one knows that except him, but its true what the Bible says, live your life each day as if Jesus is coming tomorrow.

I tihnk about that... a lot actually. And i would be embarrassed to go up to Jesus tomorrow and tell him how i have lived. I suppose thats hard to get away from, but its a good reminder.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:09 am

Hey guys, good week??? Finally SNOW!!!
My feet's wet... Rele Cold!!!

10Then he said to them: "Nation will rise against nation, and kingdom against kingdom. 11There will be great earthquakes, famines and pestilences in various places, and fearful events and great signs from heaven.

Kinda sick cuz the bible was written 2 thousand years ago and he said these things will happen
and it DID!! Kinda shows how christianity isnt fake and also, the bible has many examples like these
and it's RELE sick to read about it...

33Heaven and earth will pass away, but my words will never pass away.

Shows how god's words will never perish... Sooner or later, the earth will die and everything will
perish but god's words are INTERNAL!!!

29He told them this parable: "Look at the fig tree and all the trees. 30When they sprout leaves, you can see for yourselves and know that summer is near. 31Even so, when you see these things happening, you know that the kingdom of God is near.

Y does this chapter kinda sound like revelations??? It sounds like the world's gonna end anytime soon...
well, it say that when the end is coming, we'll be able to tell it is coming for sure!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Dec 10, 2009 12:18 am

billy i dont understand how you like snow so much................................. haha just sayinn .
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:10 am

1 While Jesus was in the Temple, he watched the rich people dropping their gifts in the collection box.2 Then a poor widow came by and dropped in two small coins.s
3 "I tell you the truth," Jesus said, "this poor widow has given more than all the rest of them.4 For they have given a tiny part of their surplus, but she, poor as she is, has given everything she has."

This verse says alot of how God sees our offerings and what we do for him. It's not about whether we give God some when we have alot, God likes it more when we give alot when we have little. It's not about how much we give, it's about the thought we give towards God. I can't remember where i heard this but someone said that it's better to say 1 sentence in a prayer and it has powerful meaning, rather than babbling on mindless prayer. It's not about how we look when we pray or give offering or when we worship, it's the thought of how we give and do things for God.

mann im so tired lately haha i dont even know why :@
good nightt
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 10, 2009 1:32 am

i am SO UNPRODUCTIVE TODAY. i just spent the past half hour looking at dresses on the forever21 site... sweater dresses! with nice tights and boots! YEAHHH
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:39 am

sorry guys I am sick...again! Can't stand the computer screen! But I did do my devo!...lol Isaac is probably saying like "wow Allan you fail, how the hell did you get sick again." lol

I'll post tomorrow!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Dec 10, 2009 5:31 pm

HAHHAHAA ALAN YOU GOT SICK AGAIN? you're worse than me! maybe you dont eat right! thats it, no more sitting in your cold basement with only your boxers on eating cup ramyun. that is an unhealthy lifestyle, my friend.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down