NOV 22

Go down

NOV 22

Post  Billy Kim on Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:04 pm

Hey guys... Today was Pretty ummm,
(COUGH)!! It's rele weird to see isaac
confused, He's always like knowing wat
to do and stuff but today, HAHAHA I
almost couldn't hold my laughter today....
Interesting sermon today, On spiritual warfare...

I cant even imagine seeing one of my friend being posessed by
a demon... " SAYAH WAS LIKE MY FAT GIRLFRIEND!!!" HAHA
Imagine if Sayah was there... There would be a fight or something...
HAHA but yea, distored voice and something... SCARY!!
but we can prevent anything like that by having strong faith, there's
a reason y paul told us that story, cuz hes friend was rele
was spiritually weak, and the demon came on her... Altho the
chances of us being possesed by a demon is RELE low, that doesnt
mean we shouldnt keep our spirit up. I liked it when paul said he
was losing he's spirit cuz he was wanted to hang out with he's friends
and wanted to do something else instead of going to church... But
i'm glad we are preventing that by coming to practice friday, when
most of our friends hang out... I strongly believe that FACEBOOK
is one of the strongest factor that bothers me in this spiritual warfare...
I seriously need to get off the computer, But at the sametime, we're
using the interenet to do the opposite like this... We need to learn how
to keep our spirits up and get our spirit power... Hope u guys will have a
SICK week and see u guys on friday!!
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: NOV 22

Post  Isaac on Sun Nov 22, 2009 10:00 pm

blarghhhh
good job today guys. regardless of mistakes, it was good when we were on the ball.

todays topic was heavy, and for good reason. The main point that i got from this sermon was when he said "the hardest spiritual warfare is the things that are in our every day lives". Like the serpent and Eve, ive never thought of it like that...
As hard as you try, i suppose its impossible to be not affected by spiritual warfare. However, we have the means to get rid of it, and have greater purpose beyond what we can be tempted with here on earth.

Billy, that means heaven is far greater than facebook... accept it

-Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:27 pm

Hey everybody!!
Today's service was kinda messy haha but hopefully we'll be good this friday!

Haha Paul had a great sense of humour Smile

I was really shocked at what Paul shared today about his friend just giving up being a christian. I was amazed that a very strong christian believer just turns away from God like that. Paul mentioned that the guy started with a little thing, and that thing slow grew and turned him away from God. When we find the little things that turn us away from God, it's important for us to stop it before it spreads because if it spreads it can stop our chrtisstian walk with God.
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace on Sun Nov 22, 2009 11:44 pm

guyssss ! whats up ? it was good seeing your pretty faces today, missed you Smile hehehe
also........ man im so tired.... i just got back from niagara, and my back hurts from the car ride :S ..... arggg

Paul's message today was pretty interesting. I wonder why Sam asked him to talk about spiritual warfare.... hmmm....
you know, this stuff used to and i admit still scares me so bad. You hear those stories and its like WOAH ! but at the end of the day, we need to always remember that God is far greater. That with Him you are safe, and if you really believe and you pray, He will give you protection. IN the bible it says "the name of Jesus Christ, rules over all" you read parts where peter is like "IN THE NAME OF JESUS CHRIST, GET OUT!" and it flees to pigs. It's amazing what God is capable of. I reflected on my trip to moosedeer, and i was so thankful, that nothing major happened. We prayed hard, we worked hard, and our team was really in sync, and God pulled us through and nothing bad happened through the whole trip! IF anything, those bugs were killing me, but thats beside the point. haha
I was also shocked when Paul read us his friends email. How his friend just rejected his faith, and just took himself out of chrisitanity. satan is sos sneaky... he tries to break us, at our weakest point, at the first opening ... and its in the most normal of ways. The news, internet, friends, outer looks, popularity ect ect just like paul pointed out. We cant give it that chance to swindle us. We need to stay strong, and be in the word! Like i cant even express how important it is to stay in the word. Even though we're all busy and trying to study hard, lets always take that time in the day to familiarize ourselves with the word of God.

hope all of you will have a good week ^^
fingers crossed for friday !!!! lets hope i can get myself out of physio.........
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:49 am

sorry for doing devos late today! well sorta late.
i just got home from 6 hours STRAIGHT of working on my engg seminar. i know this sounds so anti social. but i HATE group projects. you waste so much time 'discussing' and being nice to each other about 'how good that idea was'. gay.
this is why democracy doesnt work.

but anyways i really liked today's sermon. i always love talking about spiritual warfare. (even though no one believes my demon story!)
But I think it's so crucial to recognize the existence and importance of spiritual warfare in our daily walks with Christ. The most moving part of today's sermon was when he said that the most effective way that Satan tries to break us down is by making us question our faith in terms of what God told us to do. We often get questions in our head like "did God really say that?" "Does God really want that for me?" or "is this what im supposed to be doing?" And to a certain extent these questions are good - it pushes us to pray harder, to really listen to God and seek waht HE desires for our lives. But on the other hand, you could totally go the other way and turn away from God as a result of these questions. just like what Paul's friend did. PRetty much I think waht I'm trying to say that in the end its all about PRAYER. it's okay to have doubts sometimes but its not okay if you dont use those doubts to ask more questions - to listen and actually strengthen your relatioship with God. That's one of the HUGE underlying differences in the Christian faith. In other religions, they discourage you and condemn you if you ever question the faith, because its considered unholy, sinful and disrepectful. But in the bible it acutally says (I don't remember who said it I think it might've been Paul) that you should go and QUESTION your faith - because in the end you'll find truth. This is the amount of confidence there is in Christianity. Those who seek the truth will find it.

I just wanna share something that my friend shared with me today, that I found encouraging so I just wanted to share it with you guys.
So she called me today and she was really excited and just kept saying "God is so amazing he's just so amazing!" I couldn't talk then so I apologized and I just called her back like 30 minutes ago and she shared with me that today she was at church and she was having a lot of trouble worshipping. She felt really dry and her heart was heavy. And she was frustrated cuase she's been asking God what she's supposed to do with her life and he hasnt' been replying. She stayed behind after everyone left and just sorta sat there and started getting angry at God, she started threatening to go on a hunger strike if he didn't talk to her, etc. So she was crying and then someone she totally didnt know came up to her and started talking to her and he prophesized for her - he told her all of the deepest and most personal things taht she had been struggling with - stuff that I don't know as her best friend and even she probably didnt think too much about. He told her how she needed to fix her problhems and overcome these struggles. And finally, as an answer to her question told her that she should go to the school of ministry (i dont relaly know what it is. her church is connected with it or something) during her year off (she doesnt wanna go to uni). This friend, Jen, has a Christian mom that has the gift of prophesy and shes been praying for it for a long time. And today the prophecizing guy also told her that God weas going to give her this gift.
I know that you guys might've heard stories like this thousands of times, or it might've happened to you. But I found it really encouraging, especially since I heard the tone in her voice. I hadn't heard her get that excited EVER and you could tell that she was really touched by God and was just overflowing with love and the passion to follow God's call. I also started getting jealous. Like how come I've never had a prophet come and tell me about myself, or how come I'm not getting a cool spiritual gift, and other stupid things like that. But then I remembered how much frustration she felt before all this happened. So it really encouraged me in knowing that all of this time and frustration isn't going to waste. God works on his own time. So we have to remember to CONTINUE to pray and TAKE THE TIME TO LISTEN! That's definetly one of those things that I dont do enough. I don't listen to God NEARLY as much as I should.
When me and Jen were sharing she reminded me that I needed to go to God for even the little things. Sometimes we sort of have like these generic prayers. Like. I pray that you may be glorified. and I pray that you may help me with this. And I pray that you may help the congregation worship. And I pray for my family. AMEN.
But why not go to God for the STUPID little things that cause so much stress and confusion? Because if God can h andle the HUGE life-altering questions, he can definetly handle things like.. fights with friends and family, that stupid english assignment, or the stress from low semi-formal ticket sales.

Let's just remember to give it all up to God. And I know we all say this really often in our devos. But today it really means something to me. And I hope it does for everyone too.
After a somewhat discouraging practice and service today, I know a lot of us started questioning and wondering. Obviously there's a lot of ways that our praise team can grow. And at the heart of it all, I think it'd make a huge difference if everyone started praying more. I know that I'm guilty of not praying enough - or when I do, not genuinely enough.

So yeah! that's waht I wanted to say. With a brand new week coming up lets just keep this in mind!
Have a good night everyone!

Last edited by Cathy on Mon Nov 23, 2009 1:02 am; edited 1 time in total
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:50 am

physio, doesn't it feel good?

Anyway today's sermon on spiritual warfare was pretty interesting.
i THINK this is something that we should pray against especially for our praise.
Satan will do things that will try to break our team, or so that we just don't musically sound good so we'll go against each other.
So i think it would be a good idea to pray against spiritual warfare before every praise thing we have haha.
Today could've been somewthing where God wanted to humble us good, or it was the spiritual warfare we weren't aware of haha
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk on Mon Nov 23, 2009 12:52 am

siiiick Cathy
JacobPk
Disposable