Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 4 (Nov 19)

+3
Kevin
Cathy
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

Luke 4 (Nov 19) Empty Luke 4 (Nov 19)

Post  Isaac Wed Nov 18, 2009 11:10 pm

sorry the dates are messed up
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 4 (Nov 19) Empty Re: Luke 4 (Nov 19)

Post  Cathy Thu Nov 19, 2009 5:14 pm

I love being home early!
Luke 4 had like.. 5 different stories in it. My favourite one though is the first one, where Jesus goes into the desert and starves for 40 days. haha k firstly, i didnt know that was physically possible until like.. recently. I thought it was one of those things that only Jesus could do cuase he's all holy and cool and God-like and magical. But apparently anyone can go 40 days without food, because your body gets used to the not eating and you start using fat deposits and get energy from like. the fluids you drink and stuff. CRAZY. but that really shows us that "'Man does not live on bread alone."
Because we're so used to the 3-meals-a-day (or more in my case Smile ) ritual, we get really dependent and reliant on food, and,w ell since all human bodies need it, it becomes one of the things that we call 'essential' to life (amongst things like water and shelter). And even though we really do need food to stay alive, we get over-reliant on food because we name it to be one of the basic necessities of life. But when has ever mentioned God as a basic necessity of life? We forget that although we need to feed our bodies, it is MORE IMPORTANT that we feed our souls. That's what Jesus meant when he said that man does not live on bread alone - we need God much more than we need bread. And that's why Christians often fast, because it helps us set our priorities straight, and focus more on God. and every pang of hunger you feel, you'll definetly think of God. We should fast together.
Another thing about this story is that Jesus replies to Satan, " 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test."
Non-Christians might look at this story and say that Jesus' unwillingness to jump over the cliff would be because he knew it wouldn't happen, etc. That's why they keep asking Christians to SHOW them where God is, and what he can do. And sometimes we might wonder why God doesn't 'appear' more often. It seems that in the Old testament and stuff God appeared and physically spoke and did all these obvious crazy miracles. But those things don't happen so much these days... I asked Sam about that once and he said that it's because back in he day, scripture was still being written. Today, our bible is complete and God and spoken his word to create the bible so that we may have the word. And because of that, God appears much more subtely in our lives. But that's not necessarily a bad thing, because it ensures that we believe because of our FAITH, not becuase we've seen it. Because if God calls us every day or shows up at our doorstep, then we can hardly call it BELIEVING in God, right? It's just seeing and knowing, which ANYONE can do. So a passage like this helps us remember how important it is to JUST BELIEVE. Some people might criticize us and say that it's blind faith, but it's not because our faith stems from our personal encounters with God, and the word that has been revealed to us. Through that we have MORE insight and understanding, making the word BLIND totally inapplicable to us.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Nov 19, 2009 9:56 pm

4 But Jesus told him, "No! The Scriptures say, `People do not live by bread alone

This verse means that living isnt all about the phyisical stuff. I liked it because it implies, that living, isn't living unless you have God in your lives. Living isn't all about the phyisical stuff, it's about the spiritual stuff. So when we leave, it's not about living for the world, it's all for God. Jesus proved that to the demon because when he the demon tried to tempt Jesus, he still denied to turn a stone into a loaf of bread. He wanted to show the demon that Jesus can't be tempted by him and doesn't need the world, he just needs God.

see all of yous tomorrowe!!!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Thu Nov 19, 2009 10:17 pm

12Jesus answered, "It says: 'Do not put the Lord your God to the test.'[d]"
so satan got OWNEEEEEEEEEEEEDDDDDDDDDDDDDD in this chapter !
I realised how IMPORTANT it is to know the word. to have the bible memorized. of course we'll never understand the whole thing, we'll always be learning something knew, but we need to have back up to what we call "faith". all of the facts, everything God wwants us to know, is all in that big book we call the bible. In this chapter, satan keeps tempting Jesus, trying to make Him struggle, and fall. But Jesus knew His stuff, and won over satan. You know those debates where you end up leaving the other person speachless because they cant argue back since what you say has no flaws in it? ITS LIKE THAT! haha
Do not put your God to the test. I feel like me included, a lot of my friends have tested God. Especially when we're struggling. We cant seem to know where God is when we're having a tough time. Our automatic perspective is "God where are you, why are you leaving me here, struggling like this !? if you love me, if youre here with me, get me out of this!" i remember i was having the TOUGHEST time of my life. nothing can top grade 8-9...... that year was like hell. The church was draining me, instead of filling me up and everything was going wrong. I kept asking God where He was, why He was putting me through that. I said "God if youre here, get me out of this church" and all this stuff. and if i wasnt sure of something i would be like "God if this is what you want, let it happen" and i would wait for some kind of sign.... but right here it says, dont test God, dont question His doing. Everything has a reason behind His doing. In the long run, every second is worth it. Without that struggle a couple years back, i wouldnt have as strong of a faith as i do now, i wouldnt be the same person... i probably would have been much worse than where i am now, and where i was then.

i was on BLOGSPOT Very Happy hahaha and my friend Amy Park (onnuri worship team) posted this on her blog. I thought it was really meaningful so i decided to creep and share it with you guys Smile

It seems like I'm constantly telling myself that I need to start living my life as worship to God as it says in Romans 12:1-2. But, it's so hard to do so. I think conforming to the world is definitely one of my many struggles as a Christian, but it's a struggle that I really want to overcome. I think that worshipping God through songs of praise on Saturdays and Sundays is not enough. I know that it'll take a long time for me to get there, but I want to be at a level where I worship God every second of the day.
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:05 am

great devos guys! i really enjoy reading them

"6 “I will give you the glory of these kingdoms and authority over them,” the devil said, “because they are mine to give to anyone I please. 7 I will give it all to you if you will worship me.”"
Just wanted to point something out that i realized today. Satan states that the world is pretty much his... This is in the Bible... Its sooo true isnt it? that we, as humans, are reliant on worldly things and those things are used to tempt us by the devil.

"30 but he passed right through the crowd and went on his way."
ninja...

No matter how many times i read about Jesus' ministry, i get inspired... Look at how blessed we are...
In my opinion, we dumb down Bible stories because we hear them so much.
BUT WE GET TO READ WHAT OUR GOD DID HERE ON EARTH!!! to me, thats like... mind blowing... We get to read what our savior did, and to try and be LIKE Jesus everyday.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:38 am

Work i dunt like, getting paid i like... HAHA
I NEED HELP IN MATH!! ARG!!!

10For it is written:
" 'He will command his angels concerning you
to guard you carefully;
11they will lift you up in their hands,
so that you will not strike your foot against a stone.'[c]"

Jst like sam said, Satan knows and memorized the bible, it may not be
fromt he bible, but he can use god's words to twist u around so make sure
u understand each word of god properly...

41Moreover, demons came out of many people, shouting, "You are the Son of God!" But he rebuked them and would not allow them to speak, because they knew he was the Christ.

Sick verse, Demons got their butts kicked by jesus... HAHA they have no power over him watsoever.
Jesus fought off temptation, pwned satan, and also beat many demon's buttsss
I didnt get that much messages in this chapter, i was reading it for a while...
Sorry guys, things look blurry right now...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:41 am

billy ill help you with math
write down everything you need help with. im sure if i cant answer it, cathy or jake can help. Allan is noob and didnt take math.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Fri Nov 20, 2009 12:50 am

My teacher is crazy tho, she puts like univ questions
in our tests... her lessons are easy but like her tests are CRAZY!!
I failed majority of my tests but Barely passing... Gonna go to
sleep now guys, or study... PCE!! THX GUYS!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:00 am

bahaha ME, math?

I read all of your devos and i learned alot. Especially yours Cathy about the whole knowing and believing God. I never thought abotu it that way
so something sick to learn. There was no verse that fully stood out to me, but i am trying to live a life of worship, more these days
because i know us as grade 12s are probably most stressed. SO, i'm trying to put my faith in God, trying ito talk to him more even though it looks wierd, but i know something will come out of it. Whenever i think of the song More than Life, i catch my self stopping halfway but it gets me thinking, DO i really love God more than life? Or do i sometimes choose to go with the satisfaction of sin, althought we know it's wrong?

So stoked for tomorrow.

Cyanide and Happiness is the best
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Nov 20, 2009 1:06 am

I AM DONE! OH BABY I AM DONE!...for the week but still OH YA!

lol right after the fever is rebuked she cooked. I don't know what but that is funny as heck

Satan knows his crap. He knows the bible inside and out, and he will distort its meaning. I really love the fact that we are doing devos together. We are training ourselves to defend the bible and its teachings. The best defense is the best offense. Know what you are defending like any debate!

Isn't mind-boggling that we have the power to change the world of the better. To do what Jesus did. THAT IS LIKE AMAZING. We have the ability to continue what Jesus started a long time ago. He left us his will to share the good news! Pretty sick!

anyways that is all!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down