Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Oct 18 sunday refletion!

+3
Isaac
Grace
Kevin
7 posters

Go down

Oct 18 sunday refletion! Empty Oct 18 sunday refletion!

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 18, 2009 3:37 pm

Ughhh so todays sermon was good even though we missed a chunk of it.

What I got was from today was when Sam said Everything is permissable, but not beneficial. That's true because we can do almost anything we want to, but will everything be good? not really. So it's important that we make the right choices and that the majoryity of the things that we do should be beneficial.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Oct 18 sunday refletion! Empty Re: Oct 18 sunday refletion!

Post  Grace Sun Oct 18, 2009 8:40 pm

hey guyssss !
loved todays sermon Smile
uhmm, there waas a lot of stuff, but what stood out to me the most was when Sam said that satan can use the bible against us. and i really feel like i learned the importance of doing devos and studying/knowing the scripture. Jesus was so smart, and He knew His stuff. When satan tried to switch things around, Jesus was able to defend Himself by using the bible against satan .

i think that even though 1 samuel was hard , and theres only a couple chapters left, but we should try to focus more, see the little things in those chapters cause theyre not there for no reason.... i think im going to read over those chapters and see if i can get anything out of them again .

my focus is all over the place right now..... but im gonna put my focus back on GOD Smile

have a good week guysssss
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:16 pm

MUCH LEARNED TODAY!!!
this sermon spoke to me a lot!

I wanted to mention the part when he said "if you dont keep your eye on God, Satan will put them on something else". I think thats sooooooooooooooooooo true. That is one of the things i am very thankful for of this praise team. It keeps my eyes on God on a daily basis.

Also, when he spoke about how Satan will slowly use everything around us to get us. Scary stuff

KNOW WHATS MORE SCARY

S A T A N rearranged = SANTA
Santa= children focusing on him more than Jesus on JESUS' birthday.

Santa is the devil... sorry to break the news.

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:24 pm

WHOA ISAAC!
AHAH SO TRUE

SANTA >=o
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:27 pm

they also both wear red...
both live in extreme climates (polar opposites actually)
both have minions
both ALWAYS WATCH
both try to manipulate your lifestyle
both like cookies and milk...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sun Oct 18, 2009 9:33 pm

WOW!! SOOO scared... Satan knows the bible!!! AHHH!!
he can use it against us soo we better learn lessons from the bible
properly cuz not all the lessons in the bible are Crystal clear... satan
can use that to confuse us... GOSH!!! and Everything is Permisable but
not beneficial... HMMMMmmm amen to that quote... We are free to do
anything we want, isn't that right?? but not everything we do will please god...
That's why we can sin... We can sin right?? but that's not a good thing...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Sun Oct 18, 2009 10:39 pm

Santa. what a noob. that fatass.

I learned alot from Sam's sermon too, heard this one quite a bit, but spoke to me alot!
I learned alot of histrocial context and techinical the situation was for Jesus. What a man!

One thing i like to share was the fact that Jesus could've gave into Satan, especially at that point where he said bow down to me and i'll give you all ths, in terms of no suffering. Jesus KNOWING he was going to not only die but suffer WITH ALL THE WIGHT OF OUR SIN, refused.
I don't know abotu you guys, but hearing that makes me want to give God more. God deserves all of me. ALL OF IT. It encourages me to put that extra minute into praise, that extra minute into our conversations, that extra minute into whatever i'm doing for God.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:10 am

Guys I know this is so bad.. but i actually don't remember very much from today's sermon.. i thought that I was listening btu apparently not.. or i have managed to get amnesia within the past 12 hours..
But I do remember Sam talking about Satan and how well he knows the bible.. So let's remember that simply KNOWING just doesn't cut it! we can read samuel 50 000 times and memorize it and know all the history behind it.. And we still proabably wont know as much as Satan does.. But the important part is what we get from it - how we use it in our lives to glorify God. THAT'S where the huge difference is.. so yup.. unfortunately thats all i got today.. ill make sure to listen better next week! and maybe take notes!

have a great week everyone! im so tired..
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Oct 19, 2009 1:44 am

I am done studying, and yes I SHAVED! whooo goes the praise team, shut up says Allan
man it feels so, so, cold down there!

Satan is not stupid, I mean unfortunate yes! He knows the word, and he will use it to screw with us. But, he attacks when you are vulnerable. He strikes you down the hardest when you are suffering. Don't suffer, God loves you, and all that doubt you have is from Satan. All the bad situations you have you are not thinking about God. You are only thinking about the situation at hand. All those times when you are suffering pray and not wollop in you misery, and most importantly pray with confidence, becasue if you are praying without any meaning behind what you say, of course Satan is still going to strike, becasue your prayer has no authority. Have confidence with/in God, he can do amazing things it may be small but still significant

k c ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down