Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 18 (Oct 5th)

+3
Grace
Cathy
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 18 (Oct 5th) Empty 1 Samuel 18 (Oct 5th)

Post  Isaac Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:15 am

hello mr snoot.
why hello there...
you look fine this evening!
shut up
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 18 (Oct 5th) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 18 (Oct 5th)

Post  Cathy Mon Oct 05, 2009 3:05 pm

YAYY devos during spare!
haha so Saul is totally jealous of David.. And the funny thing is, that David is so humble that be becomes even greater and greater in the eyes of God, and thus even scarier to Saul.. Saul offered him the great opportunity to be his son-in-law, which is a huge step up in society for a shepherd.. However, David was very humble about it and denied this request, because he said that he was too lowly as a shepherd to accept this honour.. is he humble or what? haha but Saul keeps trying to trick David into becoming his son-in-law, but every time he does so David does something that makes him even more holy, and makes Saul realize that God really is with David.. This chapter makes us realize how stupid jealousy can make us.. The funny thing is that Saul KNOWS the power of God, and he KNOWS that David is right with the Lord.. But instead of using that knowledge for good and say, becoming closer with God himself, he lets jealousy get in the way and tries to have David kiilled by the Philistines.. which makes him even lesser in the eyes of God.. this chapter serves as a reminder that jealousy can make us do stupid things, and that being humble and doing all things for the Lord is what makes someone greater.. which i think saul learned the hard way..

kk im actually going to be productive today. HOMEWORK TIME!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Mon Oct 05, 2009 5:20 pm

i swear... it just keeps getting colder... and rains more and more....
but thats okay, i had a pretty good day !

im making apple pie, yuummm : )

so pretty much David made a bestfriend, jonathon, and also made an enemy..... saul .

12Saul was afraid of David, because the LORD was helping David and was no longer helping him. 13Saul put David in charge of a thousand soldiers and sent him out to fight. 14The LORD helped David, and he and his soldiers always won their battles. 15This made Saul even more afraid of David. 16But everyone else in Judah and Israel was loyal to [c] David, because he led the army in battle.

so God continues to show His mighty power to all of israel, and especially to saul. He pretty much shows saul how mighty He is, and how Saul is nothing without Him. He's showing through David, that God was the key to all his sucess as king, and the reason why he won so many battles.
David is one of my favourite figures in the bible. God loved Him SOOOOOOOOOOOOOO much and everyone knew it. Like i dont think David could go a day without feeling God's glory and presence surrounding Him every second. I want God to use me, and to make me strong like David, and to show His mighty power through me Smile

kay so i was planning to go out tonight........................... but seeing how its pouring, ill have to cancel. So much for jogging along the lake shore... Sad
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Mon Oct 05, 2009 10:46 pm

ugh feels so dirty...I've been playing the guitar for 3 hours straight...cause we got our in-term marks everything is at a good range so i took a 3 hour guitar break today...ugh sweating like a beast.
Funny thing is I've been playing the guitar with nothing but boxers for 3 hours, feel so fresh. I am sorry Cathy and Grace, but guys have to express their inner rockness with nothing but boxers. lol I think this is worse than the ramen story!

lol I wonder if gods like...no Allan...just no....

lol Saul "Next they'll be making him their king" lol

Oh man you can feel the bitterness coming from Saul. Bitterness towards someone grows at a ridiculous rate. It will soon consume you, and you will live a life of clouded judgment. It's scary because it can change you. It disfigures you into something hideous. If you have something against someone don't hold it in as resentment. Talk to them as soon as possible, becasue the longer you stall the worse it gets. It happened to me on few occasions even in our team. It's scary becasue it makes your life a living hell literary. No matter how close you are to someone bitterness can always leak in. I am not trying to scare you guys, but it is reality. That's why time is such an important factor. Don't hesitate to talk to them. I regret not talking to some of the friends I use to have, and you will have to live with that. Saul shows us how bitterness can grow within anyone. Just talk...what do you have to lose. At least you can end it in a good note.

K that is all for today guys!
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Mon Oct 05, 2009 11:06 pm

ahah this chapter was all about Saul being soft and he got really jealous. Everyone was saying how great David was and not much of how Saul was. Saul got jealous so he tried to send him out to death by sending him to try to kill 100 phillstines. Instead him and his men killed 200. Everyone got even more excited. Then Sauls daughter micah got married to him. it's funny, by Saul trying to get rid of David. David ends up being more successful. We see that nothing good comes out of jealousy. God is with the humble guys and not with the greedy ones. I'll try not to be jealous and try to get rid of people cuz they're better than me... o.0
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Tue Oct 06, 2009 12:55 am

HAHA!! Saul is basically being a little kid in here...

Saul realized that he was losing he's popularity and fame and david was taking
everything... He was also jelous that god was with david and left him... Saul
did try he's best to kill him and make him suffer but because god was FULLY with him,
everything that saul tried to do failed... Everything that saul made david do, in order
for him to die, david did wat was unexpected from him and saul only ended up losing
more and david gaining more... By the end of this chapter, saul ended up hating
david...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:14 am

11:57
turnitin.com assignment due at 12:00... close call :p

okay sooo
" 9 So from that time on Saul kept a jealous eye on David."
Am i jealous? i dont get jealous easily. I think its because of my pride so i never feel jealous. Thats even more of a bad thing... aha but i try to work on it as much as i can (even though i joke around about how awesomesauce i am).

Jealousy can easily turn to a war (so to speak). Jealousy within my library union lead to a split JUST BECAUSE two random guys had beef but were high up there. Jealousy between Jacob and myself could result in a major split and chaos aswell. Jealousy really is one of the deadly sins... SO KEEP HUMBLE! and know that God loves each of us equally, no matter what!

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Tue Oct 06, 2009 1:29 am

I like how it says twice that Jonathon loved David as himself. Sound familiar?
I'm kind of scared that God would forcefully send an evil spirit on Saul, it's like Saul had no more control over what he does, and it also said God left him. In what sense did God leave him?
The Lord was with David, i don't know, but i kind of feel bad for Saul in a way.

Anywasy one thing that stood out to me was humility. Often people read the durface of story, you know, Saul got jealous of David. But even thought about David gettign too proud? If i were to hear that i owned someone oevr high authority i would feel great about myself. In this case, i learned to be more humble. I'm pretty sure David knew the praise should've been for God and not for himself.!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down