Always Worship
Very Happy

Oct 4

Go down

Oct 4

Post  Kevin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 4:53 pm

Kevin kim likes to have picnics with octopuses. Then he likes to engage in physical activities with the octopus after a bucket of KFC and kool-aid.

Kevin dont mess with me hommie...
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Oct 4

Post  Kevin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 5:10 pm

AHHA so Yeni shared some funny and good stuff. SHES A GANGSTER!

What I learned from what Yeni shared was that if you really try to evangelize, it works. Yeni was changing lives as a TD Bank call thingy. She got people to read the book Purpose Driven Life. Sam said that if you want someone to be a christian, try to get them to become one now. Because you never know when they're gonna die and by then, its too late. And the worst thing someone can say to ur offer is no. If things turn out good they'll say yes and have a full life with God. Now even me knowing that the worst they can do is say no, i still think i wouldnt do it now. It's too akward. And i wanna try to remember ALWAYS that God loves me. Yeni had many ppl tell her that God didnt love her but God did and that's how we always ahve to believe.
Kevin
Perfection

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace on Sun Oct 04, 2009 7:27 pm

kay so yeni (?) was gangster Smile shes so tough... i love it !

so from sams sermon:

"These are the words of Him who has the sharp, double edge sword."
Jesus is saying " I have the power" and He is the one who decides who is going to heaven and hell, so theres nothing for us to worry about. They may treat us badly here, and in the past, many people died because they worshiped God. But in the end, whos the one who decided whether you go to heaven or hell? And if we stand up for God, and live a life of worship.... we will end up in the right place Smile
I thought about what he said about compromise. Like i said before, idols come in different shapes now. We dont make gold cows and bow before them... but we're so HOOKED on internet, tv, ipods, bb, iphones etc .
and Sam said that now we focus on US. We make excuses, and we do all we need to satisfy US first, and then we put God as second place... I wonder how many times ive done that, and not even notice.

from Yeni, i loved her 3 rules.

1. Dont judge (try not to)
2. Dont compare yourself with others
3. Find yourself in CHRIST!

i love how much compassion she has for others... no matter how much money they have, what they look like, where they come from.
Havng the gift of compassion. Heavy stuff. Like i thought for me personally... having the gift of mercy was a big one, and one i didnt want to waste, and she makes it look like im doing nothing :S
& lastly stop trying to be good on your own, rely on God.

I related a lot with her, God makes things happen in some crazy ways. Like when the white guy prayed for her and said "God knows"
Basically i had a friend (you might know him,,,,, his name is Ildo Park from BASIC) and he did the same thing to me, in a different form. He shared two verses with me, and said "its okay. Its all going to workout in the end. dont worry" and just comforted me SOOO much, and at that time i knew God was there, that He was speaking to me through Him. Yeni shared through "A purpose driven life" i share through those 2 verses. Jeremiah 29:11 & Habakkuk 1:5 . i have them memorized. hahaha

i had pho, and now im really full. ugh i feel so lazy
and my feet hurt cause i walked around IKEA and didnt sit down ONCE . LOLLLLLL yeeeeee
have a goooood week guys, its getting really cold. stay healthy .
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:05 pm

Hey guys, had some mad chili today, ate some nice Pho, had a smoke Smile
i really enjoyed Yedi's testimony, so upfront and real. Something i must work on!

Anyway i'm not goign to repeat what you guys wrote, but i do want to point out somethign that picked my brain!
Sam said that we try to balance things in our life, making it seem like it's ok to do something under certain circumstances. Pretty much talking about the sinful stuff. We often try to reposition sin in an area where we think it's ok, or we can somehow make up for it later!
BUT IT DOES NTO WORK.
We were reading Samuel this whole time, and Saul disobeyed God lots of times. In the same way, i disobey God too many times!
But when we try and make an effort to change, it really counts. We have to rely on God and let him work through us. It's hard trying to not sin, and conform it in a way, but tell God and he will deal with it!
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:05 pm

LOL isaac u got me there.... >=o

haha grace you shoulda had pho with us!!
Kevin
Perfection

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace on Sun Oct 04, 2009 8:20 pm

lol yeah, i should have
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy on Sun Oct 04, 2009 9:05 pm

So.. I'm sick.
FML I'm so tired and I wanna go to bed but I can't cause of stupid hamlet!
Oh my gosh I feel gross and terrible.. I'm trying to pump my body with vitamin C and ginseng pills..

ahha so anyways yeni was great. haha im not gonna lie, i dont really remember much from Sam's sermon (Partly cause we missed like.. a good half of it)
But I DO remember Yeni's testimony! I was very impressed with her attitude towards everything - even when PASTORS told her that she wasn't good enough to be loved by God, she kept truckin' on, girl! That sort of strength amazes me and it pushes me to be stronger, even when things aren't ideal.. Also, we can see that God used Yeni in the weirdest way - phone-service-Christianity? haha.. That reminds us that God isn't limited in any way.. Doing Native missions and handing out flyers isnt the only way that we can spread the word..GO GOD!
k i have to go and study but have a good week everyone!
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac on Sun Oct 04, 2009 10:06 pm

i hate life
my blackberry messenger is shotty...

I liked when yeni said "find yourself in CHIRST". We sure as hell dont know how were getting there, but with Christ we know where were going to end up. And im not only talking about heaven.

Great job today guys! worked hard. we yelled hard... you listen harder aha good job im proud of you newbs

-Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim on Mon Oct 05, 2009 12:58 am

I've seen yeni for many times in out church and also during the gym nites and things like that
and i never thought she was a true G like that yo... but like she said, we shouldn't judge people
or atleast try not to... Cuz judging without even knowing the people can lead to many different
and difficult things... LOL and try to find ourselves in christ... It seems that everybody has a problem
with that guys... Most of the people in our congregation prob hadn't found chirst yet and that's not
an easy thing to do. We can't rush it either, it jst comes to you when god wants us to, It's our job to
find the signs and pick up to god's pace... i hope that everyone will find christ in time and also to you guys
that haven't found chirst in your life yet...
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: