Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Samuel 3 (Sept 16)

+3
Kevin
Grace
Isaac
7 posters

Go down

1 Samuel 3 (Sept 16) Empty 1 Samuel 3 (Sept 16)

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 13, 2009 9:42 pm

I am to handsome, as Handsome is to Me
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Samuel 3 (Sept 16) Empty Re: 1 Samuel 3 (Sept 16)

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 16, 2009 7:28 pm

man the statement above me is quite true... whoever wrote that is one handsome guy!

"“Let him do what he thinks best.”"
its one thing to believe that God knows best, its another to accept that God will do what is best. Get it? Thats one of the things i had issues with in my walk with God. Accepting that God does things out of love, but may seem out of hatred. Its all about perspective though,
I think of it like this: hypothetically lets say God had flaws. Even someone with flaws but with the power to see into the future and know the hearts of all man can make a GOOD decisions right? Like it doesnt take a genius to make decisions with that kind of power. Now knowing God HAS NO flaws, and has the same powers, he makes the BEST decisions.
I know that kind of seems obvious, but to me it was hard to accept that God always made the BEST decisions. But when you think about it he cant NOT make the right decisions in the position hes in...

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Wed Sep 16, 2009 8:35 pm

Isaac, so humble..... hahaha

1 The boy Samuel ministered before the LORD under Eli. In those days the word of the LORD was rare; there were not many visions.
2 One night Eli, whose eyes were becoming so weak that he could barely see, was lying down in his usual place. 3 The lamp of God had not yet gone out, and Samuel was lying down in the temple [a] of the LORD, where the ark of God was. 4 Then the LORD called Samuel.
Samuel answered, "Here I am." 5 And he ran to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
But Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down." So he went and lay down.

6 Again the LORD called, "Samuel!" And Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
"My son," Eli said, "I did not call; go back and lie down."

7 Now Samuel did not yet know the LORD : The word of the LORD had not yet been revealed to him.

8 The LORD called Samuel a third time, and Samuel got up and went to Eli and said, "Here I am; you called me."
Then Eli realized that the LORD was calling the boy. 9 So Eli told Samuel, "Go and lie down, and if he calls you, say, 'Speak, LORD, for your servant is listening.' " So Samuel went and lay down in his place.

10 The LORD came and stood there, calling as at the other times, "Samuel! Samuel!"
Then Samuel said, "Speak, for your servant is listening."

11 And the LORD said to Samuel: "See, I am about to do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle.

i learned somehting about this chapter from John Ortbergs book "The Life You've Always Wanted" BEST BOOK EVER
and its about spiritual disciplines, but he talked specifically on guidance
Samuel didnt know that it was God calling, that God was guiding, and he kept going to Eli
but unlike samuel, we need to know when it is God calling us, we need to let God guide us and let Him "do something in Israel that will make the ears of everyone who hears of it tingle" through US .
be open, watch out, listen for God, cause you never know when He will call you Smile
He works in the most amazing ways

i have basketball practice tomorrow, then i have to coach that elementry team right after practifce, PERFECCCCCT . LOL
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Sep 16, 2009 9:00 pm

Soo all this stuff happened with Samuel getting a message from God and how he told him how he was gonna wreck Eli and his sons. Eli asked Samuel what the lord had told him and Eli told him the truth. So Eli found out God was gonna punish him and his sons but he acted so good about it. He didn't say WOW or OH MY or anything. All he said was, 18 "It is the Lord 's will," Eli replied. "Let him do what he thinks best." So even in finding out the lord wasn't pleased with him and was planning on punishing him he said he can do what he thinks. So I wanna try to be more like Eli. I wanna be able to do anything God wants without having second thoughts about his decisions.

haha i came back from piano lessons today and i was soo tired..
well only 2 more days until the weekend.

see u guys friday!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:27 pm

hey guys, i jst found out that i got kicked out of a field trip for 2morrow... sorry for doing it late, it's my dad's B day on sat and our family were jst planning the party secretly without my dad...

ummm, i didn't rele a clear message on this chapter and i thought it was jst another continuation of the story... Samuel was living with the priest Eli and one night, god called samuel. But he did not kno it was god but he thought that Eli was calling him. God called him a couple of times and he did not know that god was calling him. Eli noticed that god was the one calling Eli so he told samueal that god was calling him... What i realized through the story was that Samuel did not recognize god was calling him... I remember a while ago, Paster susan told us something during church... She told us that god speaks through Books, Other people, and any other things that may or may not catch our attention and it's up to us to get the message... So God might be talking through us right now and we might not kno that he is so, pay attention and if you think that god is telling you to do something, go ahead and do it... plus when God told samuel that Eli's children are gonna pay the price for commiting many unforgivable sins, samuel told him. But when Eli got the message, He did not hesistate and said "He is the LORD; let him do what is good in his eyes." he said let god do anything he want... This shows the level of commitment that Eli has to god jst like Abraham... He was told to sacrifice he's own child and he had sooo much faith in god that he was about to do it until god stopped him... We must all have faith like Eli and Abraham because that is what god expects from us. God wanted us to have a choice of our own, but the choice that Eli's son's chose were Rele bad that god had to choose for us... Let's not let anything like that happen do us guys...
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:34 pm

wow this is so sad...I have to do a all-nighter all ready!

God is knocking, but we don't where or which door he is knocking. God is saying "hello...hello", the problem is we don't know that it is God who wants to ask you to do something. It's okay to doubt, becasue it is better to confirm something before you just rush into something that might have been misleading in the first place. Healthy doubt. We have Sam when we are not sure, and Samuel had Eli. I don't think God's going to be angry if you have skepticism, and Samuel did act upon God's initial calls. He didn't ignore. If he did that would be another situation. We should always refer to the Bible just to make sure, cause hey!

So act on something you are not sure about. Don't ignore, but seek guidance. WE HAVE SAM!

lol that is all

Billy what class did get kicked out from! lol
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:35 pm

oh allan... break out the coffee, ramyun, and wife beaters!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Wed Sep 16, 2009 11:56 pm

all nighter, i'm here with you
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:13 am

lol wife beater check, coffee check...waiting on the ramyun
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:18 am

well, i hope your weeks has been going well! i just got home a few minutes ago from work. so much work to do haha

Here i am. Here we are. Is that something we can say so easily now? Can we leave everything and just follow Jesus? it's not as easy as you think. Can we authentically say"Here i am"? we often say it at the end of a retreat, or when we have good praise, or good prayer, but when things go good fur us, we often take God out of the picture. God brings himself in the picture and says "Hey" but we're so focused on ourselves we aren't aware that we're not keeping our promise to God. The moment you accept Jesus, yo're declaring that you are here for God and for God only. But when you don't listen, you're telling God you don't want to be there with him. so don't get God ticked off son
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Sep 17, 2009 12:58 am

Lalalala im so tired buti have so much to do i dont think ill get much sleep tonight! GRRR
haha you and me, allan. 2am ramyuns await us tonight Smile

So God kept calling to Samuel but for the longest time he was mistaken and he thought that it was Eli, because as humans we can be so dumb and blind.. Because obviously when God speaks to us its not like he comes before us in a crown and a sign that says 'GOD' and talks to us like that.. he talks to us in less obvious ways, often through other people.. But when we do recognize that it's God I really hope that every single one of us will be abe to do what Samuel did - step up and say 'here i am' with confidence - to be able to really listen to God's word - and be ready to live by it.. becuase it means a lot more than lip service - its about a commitment that we give to him, as we say that we are ready to serve him.. to seek him out..

im trying to write a speech for grade. 9 curriculum night tmrw and i want to die i have such a writers block. stupid parents.. Sad
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down