Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

OH MY

+3
Billy Kim
Kevin
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

OH MY Empty OH MY

Post  JacobPk Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:35 am

For today, i learned a whole deal of great things.
All i can say is that i am fearfully and wonderfully made by God. Smile
I feel so dirty and gross man, i must examine more into Jesus. Must talk to God more, and listen to him more. I'm scaaaaared.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

OH MY Empty Re: OH MY

Post  Kevin Sat Sep 12, 2009 1:14 am

wow jacob, the date for the topic should be sept 11... anwaysy.

So Isaac.. some heavy stuff you shared today. So my devo for today will be a reflection on Isaac's devo. So 2 things that really struck out to me was when he said in our view, God hasn't forgiven us yet. He will later on judgement day. But for God, he kinda controls time so basically for him, he's already forgiven us. Well I'm explaining this really bad.. haha. But the point is. In our view, since he hasn't forgiven us yet, still continue to try to work through our sins and still always ask for forgiveness.

I thought this fact was SUPER COOL. Isack shared that less satisfied we are with God, the more we sin. And that's true for me cause I can relate to it. And the more satisfied we are with God, the less satisfaction we get from sin. Is it just me or does anyone ever feel MUCH closer to God after retreats? See I feel that I don't wanna sin after retreats cause at retreats I get a really good experience with God. But as time passes by, I'm not so pumped about God you know? And that results in satisifaction for sin. So in my life, I can really try to be more satisfied with God so i'll sin less.

So today's devo was scary but was good to know. When I heard that when we ask for forgiveness, God hasn't forgiven us yet in our eyes, it freaked me out but I''ll try to remember that in HIS eyes he's forgiven us.

POSITIVE THINKING!
See you guys Sunday!!
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Sat Sep 12, 2009 3:51 am

haha, my duty got changed to tomorrow at the last moment so i basically missed a RELE good FUNTASTICAL practice for no reason... HAHAHA Shorri guys... Hope to see a few of u guys 2morrow at the K fest and i'll be on security duty from 11pm to 8am... I told jacob i wont be able to make it early on sun but i think i'll be able to... HAHA

I read 1 Timothy 4 today and the message was very clear to me but the chapter it self was rele short... It states that many times in your life, you will lose faith and be fooled by very good liars. they will put messages in your head like not to eat a certain food, don't get married, and many other messages that sound like the right thing to do but the opposite of what god wants you to do... Some people that fill you with these messages lost their capacity for the truth so dun't listen to others that are filled with lies and sins but listen your friends at church or your christian friends, but most likely LISTEN TO GOD!!!
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sat Sep 12, 2009 12:17 pm

hiya guys Smile
hope practice went well !!
so isaac told told me the basics of his devo and i really loved what he shared
its so important to keep up your image not just as a christian but also as a leader.
every word, every action reflects on us, our character, on God
how could we call ourselves leaders and have people follow us if we drink, party, do drugs and etc ?

Let Jesus shine through usss Smile

have a good saturday guyssss
i dont think i have any plans today other than work tonight, maybe ill go shopping Very Happy HAHA
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Sep 12, 2009 6:51 pm

grace i shared a different devo. ill tell you tomorrow
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Sep 12, 2009 10:25 pm

jacob and kevin are sleeping over at my place, so were doing devos together.

ciao all tomorrow
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:04 pm

ughh I freaking fail!

My immune system once again has failed me, and I have a fever...ugh why am I so weak! Its only been 2 months since the last time I was sick!
It's not H1N1...

James 2 1:19

You must all be quick to listen, slow to speak, and slow to get angry. "Human anger" does not produce the righteousness God Desires.

I think in today's world we practice the polar opposite of this verse. We are ready to defend our own pride, and we will say things that it only does harm. We quickly say things that blame others, and we don't take the time to see the situation and also those who we might be hurting. It became a lot harder to listen to others, becasue we sometimes believe we are right now matter what, and we let our anger hurt the people around us. It could have been unintentional, but still we let our anger grasp a quick victory over us. Especially in school now, where there are many people, we have to listen and dissect the situation. I find it ironic that it is easier for us to become angry towards those who are the closest to us. Parents, Friends, etc. I also had my times where I let my anger do stupid things, and it was from me rushing in, without listening. Patience is key. Something I need to practice!

K that is my devo!

C ya guys
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Sep 12, 2009 11:31 pm

hahah i had the most unproductive day EVER
i am so not used to being back in school.. ahha
and aww poor allan.. Sad

So today I read from Job 5:
verse 17-18
"Blessed is the man whom God corrects;
so do not despise the discipline of the Almighty.
For he wounds, but he also binds up;
he injures, but his hands also heal."

This verse reminds me that pain is obviously inevitable in life, but a lot of the times, it can come from God.. it hurts whenever God corrects us - whether it be because we feel stupid and ashamed, or if he shows us our wrong through pain.. But through that we are blessed because when we are corrected, we turn from wrong and leads us in the direction of the good.. And in that we are given the chance to change our ways and be holier. And also God never gives us struggles, challenges or pain that he knows we can't handle.. Whatever doesn't kill us only makes us stronger, right? And God is always there to help us overcome the pain- to heal us, so that in the end, there may only be good pain Smile
I'll see you all tmrw, im pumped for praise!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Grace Sun Sep 13, 2009 12:25 am

hi guys ,
man i feel like crap today..... i think i have a cold :S my voice sounds ridiculous..... HAHA hopefully it wont sound stupid tomorrow

so i read hebrews chapter 6 today in the contemporary english version
and these verses really stood out to me

1We must try to become mature and start thinking about more than just the basic things we were taught about Christ. We shouldn't need to keep talking about why we ought to turn from deeds that bring death and why we ought to have faith in God. 2And we shouldn't need to keep teaching about baptisms [a] or about the laying on of hands [b] or about people being raised from death and the future judgment. 3Let's grow up, if God is willing.

i think that these verses is basically saying
"STOP JUST TALKING ABOUT THIS STUFF." everyday we say "we need to turn away from evil things" "lets spread God's word" "lets help others" and blah blah blah, but how often do we actually ACT on it?

we must go- Tim Hughes
Grace
Grace
Disposable

Number of posts : 416
Birthday : GB braces

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down