Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Timothy 4 (July 13)

4 posters

Go down

1 Timothy 4 (July 13) Empty 1 Timothy 4 (July 13)

Post  Isaac Sat Jul 11, 2009 1:27 pm

Denise smells like poop
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Timothy 4 (July 13) Empty Re: 1 Timothy 4 (July 13)

Post  Allan Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:45 am

Wow no running water for 6 hours, I hate living in a condo sometimes...can't even flush the darn toilet down

Did not get much from today's chapter, but the part with "don't neglect your spiritual gifts", really got me thinking. Is it considered a sin if you know your gift but you decide not to use it? Hmmm? Seems like a waste but it can be connected to being shy, lazy, etc. I know it's random but the question just came to my mind when reading this.

Age does not matter. Hmm it's hard with Koreans. Age is a huge wall to get over. But, one should be opened, because God can use someone young to glorify his name.

Well that is ll for today! Have a good day guys Smile
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Jul 13, 2009 10:23 pm

HOLLA
I am so tired and it's 9:15pm. I feel like a grandmother.

1 Timothy 4

8 “Physical training is good, but training for godliness is much better, promising benefits in this life and in the life to come.”

I really enjoy verse because it wonderfully compares training for godliness to that of physical training, like exercise. We live in a world that emphasizes the importance of regular exercising for a healthy well being, so how much more important must it be for us believers to practice regular spiritual exercise, as well? If you begin to draw parallels, things start clicking in your head: Akin to physical exercise, the more you indulge yourself in the Word on a regular basis, the more easy it will become, and the more your body will come to depend on it, etc. So the more we practice, the better we will get!

12 Don’t let anyone think less of you because you are young. Be an example to all believers in what you say, in the way you live, in your love, your faith, and your purity.

Paul is talking to Timothy in these passages, and this verse reminded me of us, as young leaders in our ministry. Our age should not be a detriment to what we do, bc our actions will speak far louder than how old we are, as long as it's grounded in the Word. So let's go out and go get em'! It was a young boy who provided Jesus with the fish and bread to feed the thousands, and the disciples who healed and set people free in Jesus' name were about our age! Think, then, of all the amazing things God is willing to use us for, if we just let Him! Smile

14 Do not neglect the spiritual gift you received through the prophecy spoken over you when the elders of the church laid their hands on you. 15 Give your complete attention to these matters. Throw yourself into your tasks so that everyone will see your progress.

As members of a team, we are all vital parts of one body. With that in mind, let us take full advantage of our gifts and use them to their fullest potential, as God first intended. It says, throw yourself into your tasks, so never give anything short of your best, and we can do amaaazing things together!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Mon Jul 13, 2009 11:30 pm

good question and good points!
sorry i haven't posted! but i have been doing them
Guess what... i had 6 Canker Sores yesterday. SIX. now i have 5. anyways these craters are killing me. GAH.
Anyway stoked for this Friday, Sayah is leading so i'm pumped! ye ye.
Make sure to email Cathy and Steven, they are part of this family so just ask them how they are doing and stuff!

11Command and teach these things. 12Don't let anyone look down on you because you are young, but set an example for the believers in speech, in life, in love, in faith and in purity. 13Until I come, devote yourself to the public reading of Scripture, to preaching and to teaching. 14Do not neglect your gift, which was given you through a prophetic message when the body of elders laid their hands on you.

I like this verse alot, it really gives us confidence, and it shows alot as well. Purity and innocence you'll often find it more in children than in adults. Why? Becuase children have no shame and no pride. It is something we need to learn and to grow upon. If you think about it, we are LEADING the ministry in worship and this is no easy task. The way we worship can affect these kids lives for the REST of their life. This Hi-C is where kids our age make decisions on their own and mature in everyway. So as the praise team, we're taking up a HUGE responsibility! Although this is overwhelming at the same time it's so honouring that we get to expand God's kingdom! Same goes for our missions team, we are a pretty young team, but with God ANYTHING,,,, ANYTHING is possible. If God is with us who is against us right?

16Watch your life and doctrine closely. Persevere in them, because if you do, you will save both yourself and your hearers.

We lead by our EXAMPLE. we are the ROLE MODELS. They look up and follow US.
SO continue to do your devotions everyday. Especially to HAnnah and Denise. we're going to miss you guys haha. Remember it is God that brought us togetehr so continue to grow your faith with Him. There's no point to stop devoting yourself, just because you're in univeristy and i'm pretty sure you guys know that! Continuing to do what we're suppose to do in the first place will give us the chance to lead the future generation and other stuff to come. aren't you excited? haha
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Jul 14, 2009 12:30 am

My eyes are tired from work so I can't concentrate.
I could only get one thing from this chapter:
Where it says since everything is from God is holy, you should treat it well. Cause I always wondered why it was sinful to like hurt an animal... Cause they aren't human aha...no I'm not an anmial abuser...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down