Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

The message(John 20)

+2
Roh
Steven.Hong
6 posters

Go down

The message(John 20) Empty The message(John 20)

Post  Steven.Hong Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:23 pm

Hello ppl
ok im soo pump for tom
i love king
i listen to that 24/7
heheheh

John:20

this is like the most common verse i heard.
I knew this verse seen i was young
i remember this verse very well.
Mary must been really scared cause the tomb
was like moved to a different.
I would of freaked out and ran awayy
she was braveeeee

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

The message(John 20) Empty Re: The message(John 20)

Post  Roh Sat Sep 20, 2008 11:54 pm

Hey guys.

First of all, so John only has twenty-ONE chapters, as opposed to the 22 that I said earlier. I'm going to send out a list of verses I want you guys to read and do devotions on from Monday, Sept 22nd, to Tuesday Sept 30th. And then we'll start a whole new book starting October 1, which I will let you know about on next Friday.

JOHN 20:

So Jesus' disciples and his other followers went to the tomb (for some strange reason...maybe it was some sort of a tradition). Mary Magdalene found that the tombstone was removed. She freaked out and told everyone and everyone else freaked out as well, and were way too scared to go into the tomb. When Simon Peter eventually took a look inside and everyone followed, they found that Jesus had fulfilled the prophecy and had resurrected - just breathtaking. Imagine being at a scene of resurrection. It's not physically possible, even if it is, not without some sort of medical assistance. And second of all, I've heard that archaeological records show that those tombstones were not meant to be moved by one (or maybe even a few more) man. So Jesus performs several miracles here, not just one. I think one of the reasons why Jesus resurrected is to show the ultimate power and miracle of him and this is just like the icing to the cake. He tops off (get it? haha, great wordplay) all that he's done and for those that still doubted him (e.g. Thomas) and for those who must've been so low-spirited since their teacher had just been killed, he comes back to make sure that EVERYONE knows that he is THE Saviour of the world. I like what Jesus said in verse 22: "RECEIVE THE HOLY SPIRIT." And in verse 17, he said, "I am returning to MY Father and YOUR Father, to MY God and YOUR God." He emphasizes that we all serve the same God and that since he's physically gone, we need to receive the Holy Spirit. Remember what I said on Friday during devos? Receive the holy spirit and let him work in you at ALL times!

See you tmrw. I'm SO EXCITED.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:03 am

Hey guys! Im pretty pooped from the bowling... more so of the massive sacking that was done onto me and to others today...

It says "hey were both running, but the other disciple outran Peter and reached the tomb first." So i m guessing that Peter was embarrassed to see Jesus if he was there because he denied him three times. Talk about awkward turtle... more like pregnant awkward turtle (right Cathy ? yeee)

I think the main part of this chapter is the " Blessed are those who believe without seeing me.” It really is a hard thing to do. Believing in something that you dont "see" is difficult. We were all there (or still there) at one point in ours lives. Is Jesus real? I haven't seen him or seen his work in my life. Many of us asked that qustion (i have plenty of times). But i think, for me, getting through those times years ago made my faith a lot stronger.

Anywho... pretty stoked for tomorrow. We got through John!!! yeee party?!?!?!?! cheers
-E-Sak, Eyesack, Isaac, Issac, iZak. Thats all i got.
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:16 am

Hahahaha, yes! My mum's in love with Mamma Mia! so we're gonna buy the soundtrack and pump it in the car every morning on my way to school. Ah-mazing. Anyways... Does anyone ever feel like just ripping their throat out and getting rid of whatever gunk is making you feel like ddong? That was pretty graphic, I'm sorry. Hahaha, anyways, I have that feeling now. Alright.

John 20

Firstly, I cannot even begin to imagine what that experience must have been like for Mary. It's pretty insane.

One line that I especially liked from today's chapter:
v.22 "And with that he breathed on them and said, 'Receive the Holy Spirit.'"
We regard Jesus' death on the cross as the greatest gift of all, but reading this made me also realize what an awesome gift and privilege it is to interact with the Holy Spirit, as well, and I think it's very easy to lose sight of that. The Father, the Son, and the Holy Spirit. I find that it's common for people to forget that the three are one, and almost place the Holy Spirit 'beneath' the other two, in some ways..(Does that make any sense?) It's almost as if it's an afterthought, because you already 'talk with God through prayer and scripture' and 'believe in Jesus', etc. But to live a life that's truly a 'life in his name', I don't think we can do anything without the Spirit. I got to thinking, if I was alive at that time and had the choice to spend every waking moment with Jesus, my answer would definitely be yes. And when he appears to the disciples in this verse, He gives us the ability to do that in a very similar capacity, by offering us an extension of himself and the Father, through the Holy Spirit. And that's such a great gift I don't recognize nearly enough. Roh mentioned it yesterday, but I'd like to continue to work on ever-receiving the Holy Spirit into my heart and allowing it to work in me.

I was just thinking about all the crazy miracles we've read about. And fulfilling of old scripture. And I have to say. Our God is puh-retty awesome. SO STOKED FOR TOMORROW. WHOOOWHOOOO.

Goodnight familyy,
Hannah
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:17 am

I AM SO SMART.
i copied my devo just in case before i pressed send, and wouldn't you know it, it didn't post. mwuhaha, close one.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Sep 21, 2008 12:40 am

hahah YES ISAAC
except pregnant awkward turtle is just the second stage
i think you really mean pregnant upside down turtle. haha im sure all the disciples back in the day were doing awkward turtle too. they just forogt it when they were writing the good ol' bible
haha anyways
yes hannah. i kinda feel like ddong too. i think im just really pissed off that i had to write my english seminar thing three times today because my brother's computer doesnt know how to function. and also i got every question in my math hwk wrong except for one. haha man
hopefully tmrw will be a better day

but anyhoo
JOHN 20:
Jesus rises from the dead! BOOYAAAAAAA
haha so Mary Magadalene, peter, and the 'other one' go to Jesus' tomb and find that he is missing. What's strange is taht when mary is waiting outside the cave, jesus actually comes to her, and she thinks he's the gardener. When i read this i was like. hahaha what an idiot, she didnt recognize him. But then i was like. wait hold up. Jesus could have appeared differently to mary than he had in the past, or Mary could have had her senses impaired by grief, or like. satan or something. I mean, i guess it happens everyday in our lives; just becuase Jesus doesnt stand in front of us with the long hair and nails in his cross and all, doesnt mean he's not there. Jesus takes many different forms in our lives; whether it be the holy spirit, other people,etc. And we can often be ignorant to the fact that jesus is with us.
Ill see you all tmrw
lets rock the place
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

The message(John 20) Empty Devotion 20 (what happen to 19)

Post  Allan Sun Sep 21, 2008 1:44 am

I am So coNfUZled?!?! John 20 or 19??

Did I miss john 19 I thought it was today, yesterday AGHGH

Devotion 20

Imagine you go to a funeral of a close relative and a few days later you go visit the burial sight and you see the ground digged up and the body is missing. I Would be scared crapless!!

It's funny to see that Mary confused Jesus as a gardner.

and I feel sorry for John too the level of guilt must be painful.

Well the main highlight is

Blessed for those who believe in Jesus without seeing him.

It is weird to know that there were a good amount of people who actually saw Jesus but did not believe in him. People saw him preforming miracles first hand and still had doubts or were influnced by people who had doubts. Seriously Blessed for those who believe in him without seeing him.

Man My sleeping cycle is really screwed up, Sleeping at 3 am these days and I am totally find with that

Good night Yall
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down