Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Isaiah 43 (Jun 10)

5 posters

Go down

Isaiah 43 (Jun 10) Empty Isaiah 43 (Jun 10)

Post  Isaac Sun May 31, 2009 9:15 pm

your momma
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Isaiah 43 (Jun 10) Empty Re: Isaiah 43 (Jun 10)

Post  hannahlee Wed Jun 10, 2009 11:15 pm

Isaiah 43

Bring my sons from afar
and my daughters from the ends of the earth-

7 everyone who is called by my name,
whom I created for my glory,
whom I formed and made."

I liked this verse because it was a reminder of why we are made. I think, while it's part of Christianity 101, even the 'veteran' believers can forget our initial and sole purpose for our lives, which is to live out a life for God's glory - no more, no less. We were made to give Him our praises and to glorify Him in all that we do. That's when we know that we've fulfilled His purpose for our lives, when you find that niche.

How can we live out our purpose on a day to day basis? How can we glorify God with our simple actions? Perhaps lending that helping hand to somebody or not participating in gossip, etc. Let's think of ways and challenge ourselves!

I love sushi. And pizza.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Thu Jun 11, 2009 1:03 am

Exams are fast approaching and I am SCARED!

haha
verse 5: " Do not be afraid, for I am with you;"
Very simple but loving message. Fear is such a weird concept, because it has the power to consume us and destroy us, but really it comes from within ourselves. weird. But God warns us not to be afraid - simply by God's presence he can take away fear, becasue if God is for us, who can be against us, right? There's a lot of peace of mind that comes with this, and hopefully we can take this kind of attitude into our exam period Smile

Verse 10: "Before me no god was formed,
nor will there be one after me. "
Reminding us that our God is the one and only - there was none before him, none after, and he is the one and only way taht can bring us salvation, that is the true God that our souls should seek. This message can be really scary sometimes, when we start thinking about our friends that may be Muslim or Hindu, Buddhist. And they're all such amazing loving and humble people, but because they don't believe in our one and only God, they can't go to heaven. I still sometimes have a lot of struggles with this, but God makes it pretty clear that he is the one and only God. So let's get our evangelist attitudes going and really pray that more and more people will come to know who our God is Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Jun 11, 2009 2:32 am

24 hours of math... sleep wake up... marketing exam that i didnt have time to study for... lunch 6 hours of math, basketball, burger king, 4 hours of math, bubble tea, 2 hours of math.... sleep...
thats my week. Im at the "bubble tea" part of that schedule... : (

im going to actually have a mental break down

"When you go through rivers of difficulty,
you will not drown."

I always think over and over about the peter on water situation... i think if i was in his shoes, would i lose faith? probably... not because i dont trust Jesus, but because i would crap my pants looking at a giant storm... but i guess thats not trusting him... i dont know... sometimes i guess the answer changes.

Im...sooo. tired.... kill me please... likke actually

BUT I WONT Because that would be tragic... aand what would you do without me right?
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Jun 11, 2009 8:13 am

haha study hard dudes! sorry for posting but i did do them! you guys will wreck this exam, don't worrry!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Thu Jun 11, 2009 3:36 pm

I'm pretty sure I've gotten too many texts from yagob to do my devos, and this has been on my mind the whole day. Sorry guys.

Here it is:

This chapter as a whole defines who God is as our only Savior, as someone who is always there for us, and finally as someone who easily forgives our sins. The points that stuck out to me the most as I read this chapter are:

v.10 "Before me no god was formed, nor will there be one after me.
-the fact that God has always been here and will always be with us, without changing one bit

v.25 "I am he who blots out your transgressions, for my own sake, and remembers your sins no more."
Sometimes, I feel like God has a list of all of our sins and stores them away somewhere to refer to once we are judged. But from this verse, it's clear that God quickly forgives us and forgets about the past when we repent and seek for His grace.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down