Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

May 19th

2 posters

Go down

May 19th Empty May 19th

Post  Isaac Mon May 18, 2009 6:43 pm

8=================D
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

May 19th Empty Re: May 19th

Post  Cathy Tue May 19, 2009 8:03 pm

what up homes
Sorry ive really been slacking in devos lately!
but here goes!

"Stand firm then, with the belt of truth buckled around your waist, with the breastplate of righteousness in place, and with your feet fitted with the readiness that comes from the gospel of peace."

Ephesians 6:14-15 NIV

First thing I'd like to note about this is how it portrays us as warriors. It reminds me about how sometimes Christianity is like fighting a battle- there will alwways be spiritual warfare, and as Christians we are like warriors for Christ. But instead of being armed with machine guns and all that jazz, we fight with the gifts that God gives us. It's sort of nice to consider things like 'truth' and 'righteousness' and 'peace' as weapons or battle armour, becuase it helps us remember how truly important they are in making us strong people. Truth: one of the biggest reasons that we do devos everyday and read scripture, becuase by doing so, we are able to learn so much more about God, the history of Christianity, and benefit from the wisdoms of the bible to help guide our lives. Righteousness: the thing towards which we strive: we are alweays trying to be righteous people, and by being righteous we put ourselves in the right place with God - being righteous requires saying no to sin and saying yes to God, so it really strengthens our relationship with God. And lastly, peace. Ohhh mann Ive recently really been learning h ow important peace is in our lives. It doesnt matter what's going on around us - there will always be a lack of peace in our lives and in our world. But only through Christ we can have peace in our hearts. So let's rememeber this everyday as we go out in the world as 'warriors for Christ'. Truth, righteousness and peace are the weapons with which we fight sin Smile
I like to picture myself as a tank warrior. RAWRRRRR i kick sin's butt. hard. so hard that it is left bruised and whimpering. all in the name of Jesus. hhahahha
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue May 19, 2009 9:23 pm

hey guys!
I read proverbs again:
Proverbs 3:6
" 6 Seek his will in all you do,
and he will show you which path to take."

This passage really reflects our team motto "Always worship".
The passage says if we pretty much "always worship" that God will look over us and guide us. Thats something i really like to focus on because for a chunk of my life i didnt let God guide me. I studied, questioned and learned about Christianity but never really let God GUIDE. Once i did, life hasnt gotten easier aha but it sure seems more fulfilling : )

-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down