Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12

3 posters

Go down

What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12 Empty What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12

Post  Joseph Fri Apr 03, 2009 7:35 pm

I really really like this chapter. I actually learned alot from this chapter, God sends out a load of messages.

v3. For by grace given me i say to every one of you: Do not thing of yourself more highly that you ought, but rather think of yourself with sober judgment, in accordance with the measure of faith God has given.

In this verse It talks about the measure of faith. God has all given us a gift. God has created us for a reason, as pastor sam would always say, every song one of us are here for a reason, that we are not here my mistake. God has given a gift, the Lord has given power to those who believes. God gives us this power because he is sending out a message to us to spread the word of the gospel to those non-believers. One thing i realize is that God has given us the power to do our devotions every day, so we can grow in christ and learn so much more about him. Doing devotions has changed me so much, i started to learn more about christ, how to be a stonger leader, etc. God has brought power in us, and lets use this power to bring christ in all. Another thing i learned from this verse is that the Lord says that we should follow the lords commandments, i dont know if you can see it, but i can. Since the power comes from God there can be no basis for a superior attitude or self-righteousness.

v14. Bless those who persecute you; bless and do not curse.

So in this verse, i think God is telling us to forgive one another. When it says do not curse, i think it means not to back talk to other people. If we are mad at someone and we say im gano kill, but you dont actualy mean, your just saying it because you mad. If we say that that is bringing curse into that person. We must becarefulln what we say. If we insult or make fun of other people it l obviously hurt their feelins right. If we do that, God will do the same. So God in this verse God is sending out a message to forgive one another, because God first forgiven us.

v20. On the contrary: Ïf your enemy is hungry, feed him; if he is thirsty, give him something to drink. In doing this, you will heap burning coals in his head. Do not be over come by evil, but overcome evil with good.

In this verse i didnt really understand what it ment untill i read verse 9 i understand it now. It says, Love must be sincere. Hate what is evil; Cling to what is good. God is sending out a message to us that we should pray for those people who are in need. If we pray for them God shall bring peace to those who stuggles. If we just sit their and watch, that will do nothing. That, we should care for others as we care for our selves. This will bring love in them. God says to love because he first loved us. Love is kindness, gentleness, faithfulness, joy, peace, self-control.

AMEN

Have a good day guys....
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12 Empty Re: What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12

Post  Isaac Sat Apr 04, 2009 12:03 am

good job today guys!

" This is truly the way to worship him"
Praise team, as one of our "on the mind" topics is "what is worship?" this is a good verse to reflect on.

I dont know, nothings really sticking that new. Ill read it again before i go to bed....
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12 Empty Re: What a rainy day today.....i love it....ROMANS 12 12 12 12

Post  Cathy Sat Apr 04, 2009 10:43 am

Hey guys. Im not gonnna post but i read the chapter:)
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down