Always Worship
Very Happy

study hardy...

Go down

study hardy...

Post  Isaac on Tue Mar 31, 2009 7:26 pm

taking a break from studying to do my devos!
" I will show mercy to anyone I choose,
and I will show compassion to anyone I choose.[i]

16 So it is God who decides to show mercy. We can neither choose it nor work for it."

This confuses me. It seems that God chooses who will get mercy and compassion. Is that fare? i dunno.. im going to have to ask sam on this one...

" Because they were trying to get right with God by keeping the law instead of by trusting in him. They stumbled over the great rock in their path. "
I think this applies to our praise team a lot. When we seek musical greatness we always fail... and fail hard... We have to keep in mind at all times that its for God, and like i said at the retreat, id rather play Gods music than good music. And by Gods music i mean everything that a good worship set should be.

Take care all!
-Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: study hardy...

Post  Joseph on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:39 pm

good point isaac, about God's music and that it doesnt always have to be good...

I think you guys are amazing in praise, hip hip horay....
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis on Tue Mar 31, 2009 8:41 pm

v.16 "It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy."
This verse reminded me of what we say all the time- it's not about us, but about God. This chapter, in general, showed me that our knowledge is so little compared to God's. I think that a lot of people want to choose to be a Christian once they know a lot about God and are certain that God exists- but Christianity is all about trust and believing when we cannot see. When we doubt and question God, Paul asks us to have faith because we can't possibly know God's plan or vision. Not only is our knowledge minute, but our love for others is so limited and conditional. Later in the chapter, Paul talks about God accepting the rejected and making them His sons. To be honest, it's so hard to love those people who are disliked by others. Some of us don't have the courage to approach them when other people are looking and ready to judge. Of course, we can't understand God's abounding love for everyone in the world, but perhaps we can learn to be a little more loving, courageous, and faithful.
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph on Tue Mar 31, 2009 9:03 pm

Denise brings out a good point that its not all about us, its all about God. AMEN......

Romans 9
Verse 6 says,

"It is not as though God's word had failed. For not all who are descending from israel are israel."

So in this passage i was thinking,when God speaks to me, sometime i dont listen. God sends out messages to you all the time, but we wont listen. For example) When we know that doing this is a sin, but you cant help it and your in that tight situation when you would think aobut it for a second. But in the end you chose to do the sin. That is when we ignore Gods message. At that moment God is helping you to walk away from the sin. But we chose to ignore it. Another thing i learned from this passage, that for some of you, im sure we give up easily. For ex) When i have to pray but im like really tired, i would just pray quikly so i can get it over with. That shows that i give up easily, i was to lazy to pray to God, and i felt so ashamed. So every time i pray, i would think about God and never give up. Having God on your side makes feel strong. I would always feel protected.

AMEN...........

Have a good day guys and may God be with you.....
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy on Tue Mar 31, 2009 10:47 pm

hhahah so it seems that everyones doing the same verse. and unfortuantely im hopping on the bandwagon
"I will have mercy on whom I have mercy,
and I will have compassion on whom I have compassion."16It does not, therefore, depend on man's desire or effort, but on God's mercy"
I think this really humbles us to know that we really don't have that much power in determining how many blessings or how much compassion taht we receive from God. Now this doesn't mean that God doesn't give it to us, becuase the bible also says that God is very kind and giving. But everything that we receive, we never 'earned' it. THus we can't give ourselves credit for saying "God did this for me becuase I earned it." In this way it humbles us because its completly out of our control. But instead, we do receive God's compassion and his blessings simply because our God is a merciful one. This really puts us into perspective and stops us from being cocky, doesnt it? Smile

PS I HATE MY LIFE i have to go to school on thursday because my french oral exam go moved to thursday at 8:45 GRRRRRR my one day off, i get to do a french exam. yippe.. Sad
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha on Wed Apr 01, 2009 2:07 am

Hey guys, I kept up with the reading, I just didn't put up the devotions for personal reason

Chapter 9

This Chapter talked about predestination a little bit; mainly pertaining to the aspect of chosen ppl vs. non-chosen ppl
I learned from God's act of choosing one of the twins (before they were even born into sin) that He doesn't choose based on their attributes or records, but rather for His own purpose (as it says in the chapter)
But other than that, I didn't get much out of the Chapter
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down