Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 Thessalonians 3. 3. 3

+3
Joseph
Andy
dennis
7 posters

Go down

1 Thessalonians 3. 3. 3 Empty 1 Thessalonians 3. 3. 3

Post  dennis Wed Mar 04, 2009 10:05 am

I didn't get a lot from this chapter except from the last bit. There, Paul and silas say "may God strengthen your hearts..." They are asking God to guard and bless the Thessalonians. I learned that we should pray for people in our lives. If I think about it, I usually pray for other people before going to bed, but I usually fall asleep in the process. So today I'm going to take the time after school to pray for my family, friends and etc. Why don't you try it?
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

1 Thessalonians 3. 3. 3 Empty Re: 1 Thessalonians 3. 3. 3

Post  Andy Wed Mar 04, 2009 5:32 pm

hi all..

only verse that really stood out to me is "for now we really live, since you are standing firm on the lord." This verse is very intriguing as how can we live more then what we already live now? I think that when we meet God and grow our relationship with him our lives drastically change, so it is almost like a new life reborn. I think that Jesus has such an influence on us that we can almost see our 2nd life with him, there is such a big change from when we keep God out of our lives and when we let God in. It creates a new life ,the moment you meet christ..I think that this is what paul meant by for now we really live.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Joseph Wed Mar 04, 2009 6:15 pm

Hey guys.

1 THESSALONIANS 3:12-13

"May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you. May he strengthen your hearts so that you will be blameless and holy in the presence of our God and father when our Lord Jesus comes with all his holy ones."

So wut i learned in this passage, is that when we have God in are side, he will always love you. He will guide you and protect you from the evil. As God is with you, no one can harm you because God is so powerful that you are also powerful. He will strengthen your heart and your minds. So every time we worry about something. Lets not worry, because we know thast God will be there for you. Trust in the Lord with all your heart and the Lord will be there for you.

AMEN..........

Have a good one...
Joseph
Joseph
minion

Number of posts : 66
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Wed Mar 04, 2009 8:08 pm

what up homes

1 Thessalonians 3:
12May the Lord make your love increase and overflow for each other and for everyone else, just as ours does for you.
This verse encouraged me to pray to God whenever I'm having trouble loving others. To be honest with you, I'm one of those people that can't confront people or be straight up when I'm slightly upset at them. And because of that it sort of builds up inside and I get really bitter towards people. And it's just a horrible cycle and it tends to be pretty hard to get out of. But God is love, God forgives, and he overflows us with his life. So we should go to him in times when we have trouble being loving towards others Smile
God created us to be loving, to be relational with others, just as he is because we were made in his image, so lets live up it!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

1 Thessalonians 3. 3. 3 Empty Please Read! :)

Post  hannahlee Thu Mar 05, 2009 1:03 am

HOLLA.
Sorry I didn't post yesterday, but today's passage was a nice extension to what I learned yesterday so I'll just clump them together, today!

Thessalonians 2, 3:

As of late, I've been trying to treat our role as leaders in our Hi-C much more seriously than I might have before, because the fact of the matter is, it's a position of power - we have the capacity to either have a horrible influence or a wonderful influence on the others in our ministry.

Thessalonians has been showing me better ways to lead, by taking a look at how Paul, Silas and Timothy treated the church of the Thessalonians.

In Chapter 2, verse 8, he writes: "We loved you so much that we were delighted to share with you not only the gospel of God but our lives as well."

If we would like to make an impact on the lives of the seeking in our ministry, we have to be willing to make sacrifices - the job never comes easy - and this is something that I need to work on. Just like we were saying at the retreat, in order to achieve a ministry that is like one unified body in Christ, we need to begin initiatives (i.e. sending e-mails, prayer boxes) and actively put something in to allow changes to happen. We have to put some of our SELF in, beyond the typical "God Loves You" spiel, because everyone is already familiar with that, whether they go to church or not.

As I read this, a prime example that came to mind was Roh. He's a leader that came to the praise team, and refused to let his leadership stop at Friday practices. He always made a conscious effort to come out and eat with us, spend important times of fellowship with us, keep us in touch throughout the week, etc. Just like Paul, he was willing to share his life with us, as well. And I think we need to use his style of reaching out as an exemplar and all try to be that leader to the rest of our ministry. How great would that be? Especially for those that are starting up Ohana groups, that's one great opportunity for us to have a try at it - keeping in touch with our group members throughout the week, etc!

In Chapter 3, verse 5: "I sent to find out about your faith." Paul still doesn't fail to show his interest and concern for the people, and continues to look out for their well-being. So let's consider this the start of a new chapter, because any week is as good as the next, and really try to be leaders in our ministry committed to giving our selves and only our very best! Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:14 am

Verse 12.
THat word, overflow, such a powerful word.
What do you thinik it means to live a life of overflowing love? to show people this kind of love as you would for yourself.
I really want out praise team first to show this unconditionaly overflow among each other. That each person is just as important as the next. We are a family, no one gets left behind ahahha. However i have no doubt we are heading in the right direction with his gradual love. WHen steven was getting his surgery, i'm sure most of our team members texted him, when hHannah was sick, i'm sure most of us texted her too. This shows that we do care and that each person means alot.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Thu Mar 05, 2009 2:26 am

" and to keep you from being shaken by the troubles you were going through."
This verse reminded me to be strong. This is important because this week has been a crazy ride. Even though its been hard, i think its important for us to remain strong in our faith. Instead of just quiting, id rather tuff it out praying to God the whole time. That way, ill not only get it done, but it will good and ill learn a lot. I think that could go for a lot of us...
Other than that i didnt get much from this chapter...
sorry guys really tired...

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content