Always Worship
Very Happy

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Go down

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Empty shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post  Isaac on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:08 pm

Ahoy!

6 Donít worry about anything; instead, pray about everything. Tell God what you need, and thank him for all he has done. 7 Then you will experience Godís peace, which exceeds anything we can understand. His peace will guard your hearts and minds as you live in Christ Jesus.
I stress... a lot. And i over think a lot... so my main "problem" is worrying. Not that i worry about stupid things, like how my hair looks or what to eat, but about problems that in reality cant be helped and worrying doesnt help jack. But this verse speaks to me a lot. It tells me to put all the time i worry (which is substantial) and put it towards God. Since we started these devos, ive been doing that A LOT more and i tell you friends... it helps a lot. Not only because God WILL help, but the fact that you KNOW he will.

11 Not that I was ever in need, for I have learned how to be content with whatever I have.
I have a friend, and hes ALWAYS happy and ALWAYS looks on the bright side. Sometimes i think hes to happy... anywho he recently told me why he has such an optimistic view on life, and it was because of a childrens story he read recently. It goes like this :
"A rich, old, mean queen was walking through the country and she met a city that was rained on for days. The water came up to her knees. Being of nobility, she asked two local men to carry her to the end of the town so she wouldnt have to walk through all that. Seeing as the two men had no choice, they put her on their shoulders and started walking. Throughout the entire two hour trip, the queen was nagging at how slow they were walking, at how wet she is, and how poor the town was. At the end of the town the two men dropped her off their shoulders and went on their way. When they got home, one of the men was complaining constantly at how she was mean, inconsiderate and stuck up... the other guy asks him "why are you angry? i dropped her off my shoulders hours ago!"
Although that is a very simple, almost redundant, story it REALLY made me look at my life and question why i stress? The guy doesnt even believe in God! and hes stress free! For us, we have GOD... LIKE GOD PEOPLE. Not some statue, or some deity, or some stupid prayer wheel to go to. We have a relational God who speaks to us and we stress.
Anywho, who ever took the time to read, i hope you got as much from the children's story as I did!

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

View user profile

Back to top Go down

shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh Empty Re: shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh

Post  Sean on Sat Feb 21, 2009 11:44 pm

Warning Against Antichrists
18Dear children, this is the last hour; and as you have heard that the antichrist is coming, even now many antichrists have come. This is how we know it is the last hour. 19They went out from us, but they did not really belong to us. For if they had belonged to us, they would have remained with us; but their going showed that none of them belonged to us.
20But you have an anointing from the Holy One, and all of you know the truth.[d] 21I do not write to you because you do not know the truth, but because you do know it and because no lie comes from the truth. 22Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ. Such a man is the antichristóhe denies the Father and the Son. 23No one who denies the Son has the Father; whoever acknowledges the Son has the Father also.

24See that what you have heard from the beginning remains in you. If it does, you also will remain in the Son and in the Father. 25And this is what he promised usóeven eternal life.

26I am writing these things to you about those who are trying to lead you astray. 27As for you, the anointing you received from him remains in you, and you do not need anyone to teach you. But as his anointing teaches you about all things and as that anointing is real, not counterfeitójust as it has taught you, remain in him.

The first thing I wondered was who is the antichrist? Could it be Satan? Or Us? Im not really sure. The next verse they went out from us but they did not really belong to us shows that the antichirst was born in us, we had sin in our life, but sin was not our life. Who is the liar? It is the man who denies that Jesus is the Christ, Such a man is the antichrist, this reminds me of peter, but also ourselves, how many times have we hid that we are christian, even if we are not directly asked but we do not answer we are christian because we have that little shame in our heart, we are the antichrist. I want to be proud i am christian. To everyonee, friends, teachers and even strangers.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk on Sun Feb 22, 2009 12:39 am

aha i did get something out of that story.
If you look at the bigger picture in life, Life's simple.

"Put into practice"
How many times have we said things and not done them? Even devos, we've all been slacking! But think about it, we tend to have great ideas, but we never execute them. I'm pretty sure there have been times where we got something out of our devo, put it in our brain, but never brought it into this world. "We are in this world, but not part of it." But while we're in it, why not glorify God? Whatever is true, pure etc, is all for the glory of God, so while we're in this world why nto share? So inseatd of saying "EAsier said than done" Lets act upon our oppurtunities and go for it! Don't think "Easier said than done" instead think of it as "Just do it" - Nike ahahahah
Anyway, get excited for tomorrow!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha on Sun Feb 22, 2009 1:37 am

Math is like Life...
a simple idea but it can get complicated
Jacob's devo reminded me of that quote haha which I see everytime I walk into math class because it's posted right beside the door.
(It's actually "math is like love" but I think it can vary from situation to situation Very Happy)

I learned from this Chapter to see the good things in life, mostly about myself.
There was this idea from a manga called "Fruits Basket" and it was the idea that every human being is like... a rice ball filled with meat(?) forgot what the rice ball was filled with haha.
You can't see your own filling because it's obviously inside you, but other people's filling stands out a lot because you can see them.
Since you see these good sides of other people, you become jealous of them, yet, for other people it's the reverse; they're jealous of your good traits.
I think life will be a lot easier once you get to know yourself well. Also, make sure the depth of this knowledge is greater than the breadth of this knowledge.
All in all, if you can't love yourself, I don't think you can truly love anybody else.

P.S. I recommend "Fruits Basket" to all of you guys.
It's a manga about all the childhood complexes that exist in this world (mainly attributed to the relationships the child has with his/her peers and parents) in the form of very annoying drama and not the greatest art, but it's a really good read.
It also has a lot of the old cliche manga elements, but it was one of the pioneers into the genre and so I think it should be considered original in a way.
It's good, seriously, read it at Allan's manga store =]
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy on Sun Feb 22, 2009 2:06 am

hi

"but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God." Well this verse really got to me, that i can request anything to God. By prayer I can communicate with God about ANYTHING, i can ask for the small stuff, the big stuff or just to talk with God. The amazing thing is that he will listen to EVERYTHING that we say to him, that still just shocks me, no human will be able to listen to everything. Put it in to practice is the next key point. I think we can do all the devos and readings we want, but if we don't put it in action it wont mean a thing. We need to show that we have learned the stuff and we need to just do it.

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum