Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Catching up...

3 posters

Go down

Catching up... Empty Catching up...

Post  Michael Ha Fri Feb 20, 2009 10:33 pm

Ephesians 6.
This Chapter made me realize something...
When bad things happen in our lives, I think everyone can agree with me here, we tend to "blame" God for it, "WHY GOD?! WHY?!?@#?!@#?!@#?!@#LKASJDLKSJFJA LDSFI"
I don't think we ever take into consideration that it's not God that's causing the series of unfortunate events, but rather it's the work of evil spirits.
You can argue that we "blame" God because He sees the bad things happening to you and seems to forget about you and not help you, but I think that we have to realize that we are made in the image of God; if we have truly understood and embodied His teachings then despite the bad things that happen we should be able to stand firm and make a path for ourselves through the hardships.
That's why we need to wear this "whole armor of God"... And we can't blame God for ANYTHING.
That's what I learned from this Chapter.

Philippians 1.

In this Chapter Paul said "But that doesn't matter. Whether their motives are false or genuine, the message about Christ is being preached either way, so I rejoice."
I disagree with this...
I talked with Isaac the other day and he helped me realize that being a leader (or in this case, being a preacher of Christ) requires a certain level of authenticity which will form the fundamentals of HOW and to what extent you will influence others...
If a preacher preaches with motives to gain some sort of benefit through his/her actions, then others will be influenced by that same motive and ambition to maybe become a preacher themselves. I think I'd rather have one really authentic and genuine preacher who preaches the message about Christ, and that the people become influenced by him and spread the message about Christ amongst themselves. The preacher doesn't have to be the only medium by which the message is delivered, each and every individual who hears about it can spread it alike. The importance is, where this first initial spark comes from, and if it's coming from a preacher out of self-interest, then the spark will start a forest fire.

Philippians 2.

I really don't understand why Paul emphasizes obeying God with deep reverence and FEAR so much... The former I understand, the latter I just can't get it through my thick head...
Reading this Chapter made me realize something about death...
I now think of it as a disgusting looking cake which actually tastes really good.
To anyone that is dying, death will look grim and disgusting because it means you'll be separated from the ones who are still alive.
But, if you've lived an honest and Christian life, I'm sure you'll come to find that even though it may look disgusting, once you get a taste of death in heaven it will be great.
On the other hand, if your loved ones are suffering from a fatal illness and they're on the brink of death, then you'll be praying day and night for that person to recover. If that person does recover, then I think it's the people who are around that person that are blessed more.
This isn't always the case obviously, but it's one way to look at death I think...
That's what I"ve learned.

Philippians 3.

Paul is kinda extreme...
At first, before he made contact with God, he pressed on to persecute Christians at incredible measures.
Now that he's become a Christian, he "press on to possess that perfection for which Christ Jesus first possessed me."
He becomes obsessed with whatever he's doing, and his obsession leads to great things.
I think of this obsession as a sort of a double-edged sword that will either kill you, or help you.
I think this is true for any other traits a person possesses, it's either beneficial or detrimental.
For example... let's say a person is REALLY loving (like expresses love a lot)
Generally, most people will like this person because he/she is very amicable.
However, when that one person comes around that this "REALLY loving person" loves above all the rest, then that person will feel like they're being strangled by love.
That's what I've learned today~
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Catching up... Empty Re: Catching up...

Post  Cathy Sat Feb 21, 2009 12:21 am

Hey Guyss
Sorry for the lack of devo yesterday but I was at an overnight conference and didnt have internet access!
but here goes for today!

4Rejoice in the Lord always. I will say it again: Rejoice! 5Let your gentleness be evident to all. The Lord is near. 6Do not be anxious about anything, but in everything, by prayer and petition, with thanksgiving, present your requests to God.

i've heard this verse so many times and everytime i hear it, i fall in love with it again. This just really reminds me how much our God is here for us - and that's why we shoudl always be rejoicing. Sometimes we don't even bother to go to God about our problems or the things that we want because we don't think they're important enough or holy enough to God. And we try to deal with it on our own..a nd i don't know about you guys but that usualy doesnt work out so well for me. ahha . But this verse expresses how God is always there, and being prayerful and worshipper, we shoudl go to God at all times in our lives.

SLEEP TIME. LONG WEEK! PHEW
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sat Feb 21, 2009 3:58 am

Hey guys! sorry for the really really late devo... i dont think ive missed 12am in a while Sad my apologies...
20But our citizenship is in heaven.
Citizenship... it represents the origin of our birth or, essentially, call "home". "Our bodies are here but out souls belong elsewhere" - Told to Isaac from Jacob. ive said this on the forums many times but it really stood out to me and put the Christian faith in perspective. And these 6 words put my faith in perspective. We BELONG in heaven, and were just immigrants on this earth.

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down