Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ephesians 4

4 posters

Go down

Ephesians 4 Empty Ephesians 4

Post  JacobPk Sun Feb 15, 2009 10:26 pm

I've been slacking in devos, so sorry!
Tomorrow is sleep in DAY, YES ISAAC. and lets pray for Roh and for his safety and what not... AND thanks Denise for the cookies.!

"CHrist shine on you" I thought about it, and i interpreted in this way, Light is usually used for guidance right? WIthout light you can't see there you are limited to a certain amount of activities you can do right. If Jesus is our light, and he's actually more than light, wouldn't his guidance be far greater than any other type of light? To have Jesus shine on us... it's a priviledge to know and realize that God is the one who can make all things happen. All we have to do is let him guide us. I also like it when it talks about being fruitless. Have you ever tried to eat an apple thats already bitten to the core? The fact that it's fruitless on the inside creates the image of being fruitless on the outside. SO what i'm sayign is, you CAN'T be fruitless on the outside and not in the inside. It can only work both ways, when its AUTHENTIC. When you believe it to be true and you practcie it with your physical sense. You can't say one thing and htink another. WHen it comes to praise and such, i want us to be authentic with each other ,but more importantly with God. If you are struggling, i would rather have all of us struggle with and overcome that, then for one person to not make it a burden for others. Think about it!
aha and have a great family day!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Ephesians 4 Empty Re: Ephesians 4

Post  Cathy Sun Feb 15, 2009 11:11 pm

Hey guyss
I missed you all at church today. But I am healing! Smile
I feel really out of the loop. Where is Roh going?

Anyhoo
Ephesians 4:
The first verse of this chapter really got to me, and I couldn't stop thining about it while I was reading the rest of the chapter.
1 "As a prisoner for the Lord, then, I urge you to live a life worthy of the calling you have received."
A life worthy of the calling you have received.. Those are some strong words, my friends. And then at the back of my head I kept hearing Sam say 'never settle for less'. I remember the sermon when Sam talked about how so many people settle for lives that are so much less fulfilling than the one that God has planned out for us, because they dont' listen to God. We kind of get swept away with what the world tells us and try to live the best 'worldly life'. But it can so often lead to unhapiness and unfillement. Like King Nebe..nebe.. asdfwer. Hahah I really dont' rememebr his name. But he had all the riches in the world and he was the unhappiest man ever. But instead, God has these amazing lives planned out for us - it's just a matter of whether or not we accept it or not. So then our job now is to really listen to God - ask him to help us make our decisions - and when he does, to actually listen. I think that's one of the hardest things to do - but something that's so important if we want to 'live a life worthy of the calling that we have received'.
.. Sweet.

Have an amazing family day everyone!
My oppa's taking me out to teach me to drive. So wish me luck! Hopefully I don't crash into anything Very Happy
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Mon Feb 16, 2009 12:29 am

Roh's in Edmonton for a wedding???

9 Notice that it says “he ascended.” This clearly means that Christ also descended to our lowly world.
This really humbles me. I never really think of it that way. He DESCENDED. Downgrade. Also the last part of the chapter where it talks about being angry and what not really helped me today.

-Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Wed Feb 18, 2009 12:13 am

This whole Chapter was about self-control... and it's something I need to work on
Also, through self-control I hope I can learn to break through from some of the things that restrict me from doing bad things
Also, if I exercise self-control, I'm sure I wouldn't have to catch up on a lot of homework I've been procrastinating on haha
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down