Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

4 4 4 4 4 4 4

+2
Isaac
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 Empty 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Post  JacobPk Mon Feb 09, 2009 11:37 pm

Till i see you. siiiick song.

I'd like to add up to Michaels point about being faek. Mike i agree with you 100%, but what if us being real meant so that it benefited the Lord in every way? Being real is following trhough without hesitation, and when you have to think before you do something, you're being fake because you're trying to do less harm on yoruself or on others. However i think that if we were to try to think before our actions, wouldn't they deveolp into somethign real? If you practiced something over time again and again, wouldn't it become natural and it would be something you would eventually do without hesitation right? So what if we tried to become REAL by being "fake(Not like ACTUAL fake)"? Make sense? It ties in witrh our motto "Always Worship" Example: If you swear ALL the time because that's you being real, but then you tried not to swear, evetually you'll stop swearing over time. So our definition of fake is "trying to be or do something you aren't or don't normally do." Fake has a negative connotation, but what if we saw it as a positive one. As a way to change so that our personality can BECOME real? make sense? ahahaaha

Anyway Galations 4.
Doesn't this verse make you feel so important? "Now you are no longer a slave but Gods own child. And since you are his child, God has made you His heir." This really shows that God loves us, like any father owuld love their son, but multiply that love by infinity.

Most people don't like the thought of being christian becuase you have to obey certain laws and it takes the fun out of life. It could be true if you saw it that way, drinking is fun, but it's not good. Drugs can be fun, but it's bad. However, i feel like i've become MORE free, just because God is on control of my life. You tell this to a non believer and it won't make sense because they only see the htings infront of them, but think about it. They only look at the literal stuff, we are FREE FROM SIN. The fact that God unchained us from sins and that we are forgiven IS freedom. Knowing this, we can have a community, a church, a felloship where no one judges you, and you don't have to contain yourself. That is what it means to be free.

Have a good weeek!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 Empty Re: 4 4 4 4 4 4 4

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:24 am

hmm great devo Jacob. im not getting to much from this chapter, i think its because after work its hard to read and soak it in. Im going to re read it after a shower and see if i can get more from it. But i like what Jacob brings up on the "laws" of the Bible!! Very Happy

Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Andy Tue Feb 10, 2009 12:56 am

hmmm..

the main message here is that we are trule SONS OF GOD. That just fascinates me every time i read or hear about it the whole concept of being God's children. The last part of the little section there says that we are also an HEIR. This means a lot to me as God has practically given me everything in that single statement right there. Another thing is that the holy spirit is living and in us, we have a piece of GOD in us! I dont know about you guys but i am just overwhelmed by these 3 concepts!! Paul's concern in this chapter is that the Galatians are turning their backs against Christ. I think we all go through spiritual highs and lows, but as a leadership and praise team we have to limit the rides on the spiritual roller coaster. The last point i didnt really understand with Abaraham and the 2 sides: slaves and free people.. can someone explain?

Andy
minion

Number of posts : 26
Registration date : 2009-01-19

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Feb 10, 2009 1:02 am

We were like children; we were slaves to the basic spiritual principles[a] of this world.
the word "slaves" seems quite harsh, but thats what we are... mere slaves. Jacob told me once that we might be in this world but our spirit is in another. Those are the people who arent "slaves" anymore.
And since you are his child, God has made you his heir.

This is the flip side of it, God saved us, and we get his "inheritance" I like the word inheritance, because an inheritance is a written "promise" of sorts. And whats the Bible? a written promise. right?

Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:06 am

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=st37akYN8r0&feature=channel_page

GO GO GO! Best video ever.

Galatians 4

V.9 "So now that you know God why do you want to go back again and become slaves once more to the weak and useless spiritual principles of this world?"

Reminds me of me everytime I've fallen a little ways away from God..because at some point in the process, I come to this realization and come right back. It's interesting how the world can trick you into not seeing what's right in front of you, and not seeing how we already have it the best way we possibly could now that we know God, and choose to go for the third-rate ways of the world.

When he talks about Hagar and Sarah, I just thought about how I felt bad for Hagar and her son when I read this story...haha.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Feb 10, 2009 2:27 am

JacobPk wrote:Till i see you. siiiick song.

I'd like to add up to Michaels point about being faek. Mike i agree with you 100%, but what if us being real meant so that it benefited the Lord in every way? Being real is following trhough without hesitation, and when you have to think before you do something, you're being fake because you're trying to do less harm on yoruself or on others. However i think that if we were to try to think before our actions, wouldn't they deveolp into somethign real? If you practiced something over time again and again, wouldn't it become natural and it would be something you would eventually do without hesitation right? So what if we tried to become REAL by being "fake(Not like ACTUAL fake)"? Make sense? It ties in witrh our motto "Always Worship" Example: If you swear ALL the time because that's you being real, but then you tried not to swear, evetually you'll stop swearing over time. So our definition of fake is "trying to be or do something you aren't or don't normally do." Fake has a negative connotation, but what if we saw it as a positive one. As a way to change so that our personality can BECOME real? make sense? ahahaaha

Haha, I was gonna go over this today, I hoped somebody would be thinking exactly that!
Jacob, what you said above has to do with habit forming, and I think that's very important to observe.
This is the gray area in my opinion, and that's because habits are performed unconsciously, like chewing your nails or smth.
So obviously these things have to start somewhere so if you begin to practice an act based upon a certain mentality (for example: I will stop swearing), then obviously the mentality by which you chose to practice will develop, thus leading to a habit. This could be either seen as being real or as being brainwashed.
That's why this is the gray area, and it is also the majority of our behaviours today because of the way society is.
Also, like Sam said before, through God we can change our character but not our personality, and I think personality is the only aspect by which we can define "real" vs. "fake".
Now, this is all what I think about this "real" and "fake" stuff... I'm just proposing a possible explanation for being completely real despite the Law that God has outlined for us and what not, because this is all about the relationship between the Law and us.
But if we truly love God, I think despite the degree to which we follow the Law, we can be with Him forever.
Since Paul also said that we are the children of free women, then we are also free from having to think too deeply about the Law as well.
Just love God... I think that's all that matters, because all the "good" stuff entails love.
In society I think we can't be real, but in the way we love we can.
Finally, sometimes being "fake" leads to good stuff (let's say smth small like sharing your drink), but I'm sure being "fake" also causes an uncomfortable maelstrom of emotions within the faker.
If this chaotic emotional conflict is caused within yourself, seriously... don't fake! Rather, try to distance yourself from situations where you might have to be a faker.
I think by keep on trying to destroy the emotion by constantly faking will poison your mind instead of making you better...
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

4 4 4 4 4 4 4 Empty blah

Post  fobsquads Tue Feb 10, 2009 3:00 am

hey guys,
it feels like forever since i have emailed you guys, i'm sorry, i have been doing my devos, i just have not been able to post them, i've been getting home so late, and waking up early. anyways, no excuse. here is mine for today. nothing big cause i'm tired!

what i read: Job 31
what i learned: well these are the last words that you will ever hear from Job, and pretty much all he is doing is dening he had done anything wrong, and he is stating his loyalty to his God.
what i am going to do: well, it is interesting how there are so many different times where i might want to accuse God or blame God, yet for a guy like Job he continued to stay loyal to God in the midst of all the trouble, it must have been so difficult. i wonder why it is so hard for today's generation to stay loyal, and speaking for myself, for me i think it is because it is so easy to not stay committed, it is like trying to commit to a phone contract, sometimes i just want out! and i find that this generation is just full of uncommitted people, because it is easy, and i find i get rubbed in that way sometimes as well.
fobsquads
fobsquads
minion

Number of posts : 10
Registration date : 2009-01-20

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum