Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

So i look to you.

+2
Isaac
JacobPk
6 posters

Go down

So i look to you. Empty So i look to you.

Post  JacobPk Sun Feb 08, 2009 7:01 pm

I didn't understand the whole law and promise section.
But i like the verses 23 to the end. It reminded me that we are all part of Jesus' kingdom. Today Sam talked about pre-destination and hwo it affected everyone, and it says we are all children of God through faith. "For you are all one in Christ." The moment we accept CHrist there is an invisible bond that somehow unites us amonst each other. As much of that is chesse it's true. There's something about having a bfriend in Christ and someone who's not. THere are some things you can share and some things you can't. If you have a BEST friend that's a christian BONUS.
That'ss all i got fomr today!
Have a good weeek!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

So i look to you. Empty Re: So i look to you.

Post  Isaac Sun Feb 08, 2009 10:47 pm

HEY GOIYSSSSSSS Very Happy
Alrighty, we played well today guys! im proud of us!!!

3 How foolish can you be? After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?
I like this verse cause it states a few things. 1) the obvious message: If you start your Christian walk with faith in the spirit you shouldnt try to be perfect by yourself. Only through God can we "try" to become perfect (fail as it may) we try our best THROUGH God not by ourselves. 2) To many times when God gives us a bone, we think we provided ourselves with the bone. right? God grants us the ability to get great academic grades, who do we thank? ourselves? Maybe... i mean we did study the whole time right? NAE! He gave us the strength to stay awake, to open our books, to soak it all in. Thats why it says to study hard and learn a lot because you can use it FOR God not to MAKE money.

That is all....

Enjoy!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:03 am

Hey guys. Sorry this is late but I just got home... haha my french group is so ADD its ridiculous. we could've gotten so much more done, but we didnt. but ohh well we had fun Smile

I liked the part where Paul was trying to explain what the point of the law is. Because the past two chapters he's pretty much dedicated to the fact that we are not saved by the law, but by God's grace. And that we can't put our reliance on the law. But here he tries to explain the point of the law, if it doesnt give us salvation. Paul explains that it was for the times before Jesus Christ - becuase back then you couldn't really be saved through 'faith' because you didnt' have Jesus to believe in. And so before then, people had the law in order to guide their lives - to make them righteous in the eyes of God. This is because they didn't have the ability to have the same kind of ability to have a deep intimate, personal and very human relationship with God through Jesus. This made me reflect on how lucky we are that we have the ability to be saved by Jesus. haahhaa PROPS TO US for being born 2000 years after Jesus Very Happy
At first I didn't really regard this understanding as being TOO important. But it just hit me how this explains so much in the bible. Like you know all of those wack laws in leviticus that really make us question God's intentions.. and kind of contradict our faith in jesus' message. But it makes more sense now that we understand that this was all before 'faith' determined our salvation. I didn't really get anything too personal from this but it helped make sense of a lot of wack stuff I've read in the bible.
Have a great last couple of hours of weekend, everyone!
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Mon Feb 09, 2009 12:20 am

Paul is dreamy...Hahaha.

Galatians 3
3 After starting your Christian lives in the Spirit, why are you now trying to become perfect by your own human effort?

I really like Paul's letters because they're so much more personable. Here's this real guy writing letters to the churches, and all the potential difficulties one can have with leading a Christian life are addressed, because he knows what it's like too.

This verse just seemed so obvious. It was like Paul was talking to me, hahaha, and I'm sure many of us could say the same. I can recall many times in my life when I've come out of something with a spiritual revival and beg the spirit to lead my life, but with some time, I try to take the reigns again myself. The way Paul writes it here, contrasting a life led by the SPIRIT and trying to reach perfection by our HUMAN effort, you're like, wow, that's pretty pathetic. Haha..to think for a second that our HUMAN effort could have a chance at perfection without the spirit. It's a fresh perspective and might hopefully make me think twice before trying to rely on myself again.

11 For the Scriptures say, "It is through faith that a righteous person has life." This way of faith is very different from the way of law, which says, "It is through obeying the law that a person has life."

Both these methods lead to having life. But righteousness is what separates the two.
Paul has been talking about not dwelling on laws but on the spirit and faith to dominate our Christian lives, because following all the laws in the world could not save us. We are always sinners at the end of the day, and Jesus' death saved us from having to devote our lives to laws, laws, laws - thus freeing us to devote our lives to living in the Spirit.
Faith is what will make us a righteous person. Obey laws, and you're just like any other man on earth. Regular people follow laws on a daily basis, it's how many societies work. What makes you think they couldn't follow another set of laws, too? We need something that separates us from the norm, and that's faith.

Have a great week, guys!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Mon Feb 09, 2009 2:05 am

Hahaha Izak, nice Jamie impression
This Chapter actually works nicely as a continuation for my devo from yesterday...

I said that I feel a lot of aspects in SOCIETY are fake, and that this was due to the norms, or a standard of manners (even sanity), that was outlined by the people within it.
So then... what is being REAL as opposed to being FAKE?
I don't think it's anything corny like: "Be true to yourself." or "Follow what is in your heart." or "Do the right thing."
This is because at most times.. I don't even know what I want for myself, and I don't even know what my heart is telling me, and I don't know what is right and what is wrong. So, I end up deciding to do the most recommended course of action or the one that has the most safety valves.
So.. I think being real is: "Following through without hesitation or thought."
and by this I don't mean acting blindly on impulse, I mean while being a friend, a son/daughter, a father/mother, a husband/wife, and God's servant, you follow through everything without hesitation or thought. Obviously if you have to think about your actions, then you are being fake, because the end result would be taking an action that others do, or one that will cause you the least harm.
In this Chapter Paul says that the Law could not act as a mediator between God and men because that meant that if we followed the law we would be accepted by God just for that. Yet, we're all burdened by thoughts of sin and what not, so obviously following the law doesn't mean anything since we're being fake with God. Following the Law with ill thoughts is comparable to putting a mask over your face, or even lying in my opinion.
So I finally managed to tally grasp the meaning of Jesus's death upon the cross... That took a while...
In the end, I know being real is probably the stupidest thing to do, but who cares...?
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Sean Mon Feb 09, 2009 10:25 pm

Galations 3

"There is neither Jew nor Greek slave nor free, male nor female for you are all one in Christ Jesus"

This says everyone is equally loved by Jesus, none are favored or hated more.

"But scripture declares that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that the whole world is a prisoner of sin, so that what was promised, being given through faith in Jesus Christ might be given to those who believe"

The bible says we are all equally sinfull.

This is cool because these two verses contrast that we are equal, and equal forms of love, and our measure of sin are all the same.
We are equal in every way, God does not favor or love us more because of what we do, he also does not hate us more or less because of what we do.
Sean
Sean
minion

Number of posts : 36
Birthday : when michael was born
Registration date : 2009-01-18

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum