Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Luke 6. Steve, you define "sexy"

+3
Allan
dennis
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

Luke 6. Steve, you define "sexy" Empty Luke 6. Steve, you define "sexy"

Post  JacobPk Thu Jan 08, 2009 11:57 pm

aha Steve you spammed sexy.

I really liek this chapter because Jesus has alot to say and we have alot to learn from!
In verse 3 - 5. The pharisees accuse Jesus and his disciples of breaking the law of Sabbath. However Jesus says "The Son of Man is Lord, even over the Sabbath." Jesus isn't God for ONE day, he's everlasting and he is God every second. I have an analogy, when i was younger i asked myself why do people dress their BEST when going to church? Of course there is more than one reason, but one way i see it is they dress for God obviously. The answer most commonly used is " to look or give our best to God." But like how Jesus said, Jesus isn't God for only one day. Like i know it's extreme to put this to action, but doesn't it make sense for us to dress the best for God EVERYDAY? Why does Sunday make any different from Monday?
The Beatitudes are introduced here and i think we should take into account what it means to be blessed but also be a blessing unto others.
In verse 27, bascially Jesus sums it up to saying get rid of your pride. It's our PRIDE that makes us hate our enemies, it's our pride that resists our willingness to forgive. We shouldn't be prideful in anything except in our God.
Verse 37, As Roh mentioned in his yesterday devo, we need to be careful of our "image." We can't say do this and be gong off doing the opposite. Also in verse 39 " Can a blind person lead another?" How can we spurr into the next generation of leaders if we are unhealthy spiritually? It doesn't work like that. We need to become pure first before taking action in our next generation. Remember: Any image is easy to shatter, but to rebuild it is close to impossible." If i were to do drugs but also lead praise and everyone in the ministry saw me doing drugs, of course they would look at me differently. How can i change their view of me just like that?

I got alot of things fomr this chapter, but tooo long.
So yah lets keep up in devos!
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Luke 6. Steve, you define "sexy" Empty Re: Luke 6. Steve, you define "sexy"

Post  dennis Fri Jan 09, 2009 12:50 am

So I have two stories.
I had a wipeout today at school infront of the grade seven girls. Some stupid girl left her popsicle lying on the floor, and i did the splits right onto the ground. Now I have a huge bruise on my butt. GREAT.

Also, I finally found a date for semi. Embarassed Soo happy

Luke 6
v.45 "For out of the overflow of his heart his mouth speaks."
I remember our first discipleship class was based on the first part of this chapter. So, I won't talk about that. But, this verse really hit me when I was reading the chapter. One of my new year's resolutions is to watch what I say, and I realized that everything we say reflects our hearts. I'm not really sure how to explain it, but this verse taught me that every word that comes out of my mouth has meaning, good or bad. Encouragements, I think, are the best things someone can give to another person- they really make a difference. I hope I'll give more of them in the new year.

I'm psyched for tomorrow.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Luke 6. Steve, you define "sexy" Empty Luke Devotion 6

Post  Allan Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:19 am

Is it not true

You know the person by the way they act. Fruits are like the things we do outward expressions. One can produce either good fruits or bad fruits. You can already guess someone's heart by seeing how they act. If one is humble and live by the word he/she will produce good fruits and live accordingly to Jesus' teachings. But bad fruits will bring "a little bit of hell to Earth" Let's become a family where we will keep each others accountable for the fruits we bear. And when one starts to grow bad fruits we will be the ones that will cut it off the branch. We will be each others caretakers for our fruits lol.

Oh ya supposedly this is my first but my yesterday's devo didn't post.
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:26 am

Luke 6

Luke is a goldmine, man, because it's Jesus' teachings one after another, hahaha.
Could you imagine actually being there and hearing the man spurt out all this wisdom? I think it'd be a surreal experience.

There's so much but I'll say a couple.

v.32 "If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? Even sinners love those who love them!"
That stuck out to me because it's so true. There has to be something that sets us apart from non-believers.
I think when, in the same chapter, He implies how the Christian walk isn't gonna be easy because there are going to be people that hate you and exclude you, I used to automatically think about being persecuted, Old-Testament-style, and thought that never happens in today's times, so I was a little confused. But I realized that it comes in much sneakier forms in today's world. There could be a sense of oppression that keeps us from reaching out to the cast-away in our society (fear of embarrassment?), the idea of loving your enemies can be written off as a 'dumb religious doctrine', in a world where "organized religion" is stuck in the past, etc. In any case, I realized that these are our fights to fight, and if something like loving our enemies can be a way to stand up for God in today's society, it's something I really should strive for working on.

v.45 "What you say flows from what is in your heart."
This one really spoke to me because lately I've been challenging my power of speech - how what I say can affect people, how words used too often too lightly can lose their meaning, how it gives a tried-and-true impression of who I am because the words had to have come from somewhere, etc. You can say something horrid and argue that that's not truly you, but Jesus says here that "a good tree can't produce bad fruit, and a bad tree can't produce good fruit." You can't be one and the other. So I really liked this verse because it continues to challenge me to recognize that my speech is a good representation of the kind of a person that I am, and I want to be a tree that bears GOOD fruit! Like an Fuji Apple Tree. Mmmm.

- H

PS. I'm going to be away this weekend bc I have yet another choir retreat to go to (Sad). I don't know that I'll have Internet access up there, but I'll be doing my devos and posting them when I get back! I'll miss you guys!!! And it sucks that I can't be there...Argh, I hate missing Sundays. (Have an amazing time with the EM service too!!!)
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Jan 09, 2009 1:33 am

congratulations denise, have fun at your semi!

ya.. Jacob you make a good point about God being there at all times
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Jan 10, 2009 8:08 pm

Sorry this is late but here goes!
Luke 6:
What I really got out of this chapter was the idea of loving your enemies, and not judging others.
"If you love only those who love you, why should you get credit for that? even sinners love those who love them!"
Everytime I read this verse it sorta gets to me. It's easy to love those who love us - because then its like a two-way transfer of love.. You give knowing/expecting that you will receive from the other person (so really, is it called giving at all?) But Jesus points out that even sinners do that - even nonbelievers, even like.. gangs or like the mafia. Between themselves, they love each other and they got each others backss yo.
Wow bad example but you know waht i mean. haha
But as Christians, as believers of Jesus there is an even greater challenge - loving those who don't love us back, exactly the way that God loves. God loves us UNCONDITIONALLY - every single one of us, even if we don't love him back. No matter how many times we fall from him, ignore him and sin against him, God continues to pour out his love on us. And he challenges us to do the same - following the example of the love that God gives us, let's share this love with others - and be humbled by it.
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Steven.Hong Tue Jan 13, 2009 8:01 pm

thanks you sexy
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion