Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 13 -late- >o>

Go down

John 13 -late- >o> Empty John 13 -late- >o>

Post  Michael Ha Sun Sep 14, 2008 11:30 pm

Hey~

I loved this Chapter because it confirmed something for me.
I always believed that God does not control people, but the events that occur in their lives.
God is not manipulative, and He is not commanding, He is not your boss, but rather He is our Father, one who loves us the most.
On the other hand, the Devil is one who is manipulative, commanding, he IS your boss (temptation), and he is our worst enemy, one who hates us the most.
This is confirmed in Verse 2, "...the devil had already prompted Judas Isacriot, son of Simon, to betray Jesus".
Jesus also knew this, but did nothing about it because that's not how He does things, and that's what I think it means by we have the freedom to worship our religion.
Pastor Sam said that today while we were praying in that room, he gave thanks to the Lord that we had the freedom to worship Him, and I thought about that for the whole day; freedom to worship...
I thought: "I don't have to worship Him, I don't have to come to church, I don't have to do all these things, but I choose to"
I think this Chapter is my favourite in this way.
Also, the thing about washing people feet, it taught me something valuable too; how Jesus, even though He is greater than us, believes Himself as being equal to us.
In Verse 16 He says, "no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him."
That's all~
now.. onto my Chapter 14 devo!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down