Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

NEW BOOK! (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!)

3 posters

Go down

NEW BOOK!  (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!) Empty NEW BOOK! (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!)

Post  Roh Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:29 am

Luke 1.

So we're back to square one, and to the beginning of Jesus' ministry. Like I said yesterday, I wanted us to view the Gospel once again from another disciple's perspective and strength our knowledge of Jesus' ministry and His teachings. I want us to know all of this so well! Remember that I want us to strive to be not only great musicians but great WORSHIPPERS.

Remember: Always Worship! (Or as Denise put it, AWWWWWWWW)

The Bible that Sam gave us have introductions for each book so take a look at that if you can because it'll give you some great background knowledge if you're curious. It often helps to know what the book is about or any of its historical knowledge before you read it.

I'm going to read from the NLT for the most part from now on, since I'm hoping that we'll all be referring to the Bible that Sam gave us (for the sake of uniformity), but if your preference is your own Bible or the NIV, feel free to read whatever! As long as you understand and get things out of it, it's satisfactory.

Anyhow, to dive into the WORD:

The story of Zechariah seems very similar to the one that we read in Genesis -- the story of Abrahram and Sarah, and their inability to give birth. Abraham doubted at first as well, and questioned the possibility to conceive at such an old age. Yet, God shows us, whether it's in the beginning or thousands of years later, he can perform the same type of miracle. So who says that he can't perform that same type of miracle to us today? Not that our grandparents will be giving birth any time soon, but I believe that God is always there to perform miracles that seem impossible (hence the term, miracle).

And it makes me feel so safe and happy about our amazing God when it shows how intricately planned this whole thing was. Jesus wasn't "just there". His birth, his ministry, his teachings, and his death were ALL planned years and years in advance (since anyone was ever born). Our God isn't a God who just lets things happen as we live, but someone who puts so much time and effort into planning all things. And this relates to my next point.

This is what I learned out of Mary's song, as well as from Zechariah. One thing that I think contemporary Christians and churches underestimate and overlook is the fear of God. We need to fear him. He is our friend, but He is also our Father and Judge. Often times we take him for granted and not do much to show that we fear him and we just let things be and not show much care. I can give you an example. Just like how we discussed yesterday, I think we relied on our musical talents and organization too much, and forgot that God is the centre and he can take all things apart. But I was really glad of our response. We remembered that he is in control and no matter what, we need to go back to him. And that's exactly what he did. We feared him and relied on his powers. Likewise, let us continue to fear God and give him all the respect and honour that he deserves.

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

NEW BOOK!  (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!) Empty Re: NEW BOOK! (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!)

Post  dennis Sun Jan 04, 2009 1:41 am

Luke 1

v.20 "...you did not believe my words, which will come true at their proper time."
v.37 "For nothing is impossible with God."

I think verse 20 hit home today for me. I've been praying for this one thing, and I haven't received an answer to my prayer, and I'm becoming pretty impatient with God. When I read this verse, however, I realized that God has a plan which might not go hand in hand with what I want. He has a specific time for everything, and it's hard for us to fully trust in Him because we want answers quickly. This "trust" issue is pretty big in my life because I'm not used to waiting for things to happen, and I think it's going to take a lot of reading the Word and growing in my faith in order for me to have that 100% trust in God.

Verse 37 was powerful even though it's a pretty short sentence. The fact that God can make anything happen is kind of awesome. We know that some things are impossible for us to do by ourselves, like flying. I think that this verse is asking us to be comfortable in trusting God because, with Him, you can do crazy things. Peter even walked on water with Jesus.

Random, but I read a book over the holidays called The Shack, and I bought it because I thought it was a horror/mystery novel. When I started to read it, it was everything that I expected. But after about 50 pages into the book, I realized that this novel was about Christianity. In it, a man who never believed encounter God as three people, and finally walks on water with Jesus. When you get a chance, you should read it- it's a really ...precious book.

See you all tomorrow Very Happy
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

NEW BOOK!  (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!) Empty Re: NEW BOOK! (Sorry it took me a while to post this forum guys!)

Post  Steven.Hong Thu Jan 08, 2009 10:41 pm

sexy
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down