Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

ACTS 28+1 = 29!!!

4 posters

Go down

ACTS 28+1 = 29!!! Empty ACTS 28+1 = 29!!!

Post  hannahlee Sat Dec 20, 2008 9:51 pm

Acts 29

16I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes: first for the Jew, then for the Gentile. 17For in the gospel a righteousness from God is revealed, a righteousness that is by faith from first to last,[c] just as it is written: "The righteous will live by faith."

Two parts from that chunk:
1. "I am not ashamed of the gospel, because it is the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes."
I love how Paul is so bold and proud as he says these statements.
After reading this, I carefully thought about whether in my daily life, there's an evident pride for the Word, and I'll admit it was hard for me to come across. Not to say, in the least, that I try to hide it or anything, but theoretically-speaking, it felt a little weird to realize that I have knowledge of "the power of God for the salvation of everyone who believes" and am not more consistently excited about it. It reminded me a lot of a sweet devo that Roh did 2 summers ago, during a missions meeting, where he made the analogy that if you had discovered the cure for cancer, it sure as heck isn't something you're going to keep to yourself. You're going to recognize what an awesome thing it is and share it with everyone you know. And here we possess the cure to the WORLD, God's salvation, and we usually sit idly by..Something to chew on.
2. "The righteous will live by faith."
I constantly want to challenge myself to continue to grow and work on my faith. Faith, faith, faith.
Faith and the Holy Spirit. Faith in the Holy Spirit. Those two things. Fo sho.

And then the rest of the chapter is really intense and scary, hahaha. I like, though, when Paul says that God has made who He is veeery plain for everyone to see, and yet people still choose to sin.

TOMORROW.

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

ACTS 28+1 = 29!!! Empty Re: ACTS 28+1 = 29!!!

Post  JacobPk Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:24 am

okay i MUST be missing a page fomr my bible because i don't have Act 29. 28 is the last one for me.

So then i chose to do James 4:6 and it says"God opposes the proud but gives grace to the humble." I chose this passage because i'm not going to lie our praise team sounds better each week and KM and EM sounded awesome too. So i just want to remind ourselves not to get to proud. It's not us who's playing, it's God playing through us. SO when it says God opposes the proud, i think we have to take that into account carefully. We can always LEAD, or PRAISE, but that doesn't mean its coming from our hearts.

I've also been praying for humility, to be able to just random acts of kindness and never put myself before others, and its realllly hard. But i can see God working in me, cause whenever i don't act upon an oppurtunity i think about it after. And Humility isn't only for my benefit, it's for those around me and more importantly for God.

Thats my devo for today, i wonder what we're doing for praise tomorrow.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Sun Dec 21, 2008 12:42 am

yea there is no acts 29. but there is a 28
hannah did Romans chapter 1 i believe...
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sun Dec 21, 2008 3:03 am

hahahah so theres no such thing as acts 29, eh?
i will see you all tmrw, hopefully theres no snowstorm tmrw Sad
that would suck. snowstorms are good and all during schol when we get snowdays.. but not now. now it just results in me being stuck at home with angry cold parents..
good night, homes
bonne nuit. les maisons.. teeehe home, maison get it? afro
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Dec 23, 2008 1:35 pm

hahahahaha, you're right.

Romans 1. My bad.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down