Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off

+5
Cathy
Roh
hannahlee
Isaac
Steven.Hong
9 posters

Go down

Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off Empty Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off

Post  Steven.Hong Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:05 am

When I read this verse I liked it how Paul gave constant encouragement to everyone. Only if everyone at church
would do that. Praise team is pretty good at encouragement...I like it how the boys communicate alot through texts
and it encourages me when I get taht text!!!

-Steven Hong lol!
Steven.Hong
Steven.Hong
minion

Number of posts : 142
Birthday : Inside 8====D~~~~o
Registration date : 2008-09-13

Back to top Go down

Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off Empty Re: Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off

Post  Isaac Fri Dec 12, 2008 12:38 am

this week went by really fast, im so excited for tomorrow!

22"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me..."

I like verse 24, when he says his life is worth nothing to himself. I feel that he has such passion for God, and regardless of what happens, it doesnt matter. I think we should have this mentality going into this retreat. It doesnt matter how well we play, or how well we "look", or whos leading what song, it all matters what God does through every person in our ministry.

E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off Empty Re: Acts 20 blahblahblah 8-------<---who does that remind you off

Post  hannahlee Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:09 am

ACTS 20

GOLD. I liked this chapter so much. I have applications to write, so I might rush these little "sharings" today, hahaha.

1. All throughout Acts, I'm constantly hearing of Paul encouraging the people. Encouraging, encouraging, encouraging. And that can't be without reason. It reminded me of the power of encouragement and what great things it can do for people, so let's keep encouraging! Amongst our team, amongst our Hi-C, amongst our friends who might be searching, etc. Encourage, encourage!

2. 22"And now, compelled by the Spirit, I am going to Jerusalem, not knowing what will happen to me there. 23I only know that in every city the Holy Spirit warns me that prison and hardships are facing me. 24However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me—the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

Paul is such an awesome fellow. These are such powerful several phrases. And an aspiration to work towards...to get to that point in life where you wholeheartedly consider yourself and offer yourself up as a tool for the execution of God's will, and where the fulfillment of His will becomes more than enough meaning for your lifetime. That's reallly heavy stuff. "I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me.." Pretty muh-she-suh, hahaha. Anyways, I like how all throughout, I'm finding more and more that these people of the bible were so real. Paul knew that there were hardships facing him, odds up against him, it wasn't like he was blindly proceeding, and yet he made the conscious decision to continue forward for God.

3. 35In everything I did, I showed you that by this kind of hard work we must help the weak, remembering the words the Lord Jesus himself said: 'It is more blessed to give than to receive.' "

Smile That is all.

See you guys tomorrow!!!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:20 am

haha whatever Steven, 90% of those texts are you you-know-what.
It's okay though...it's all in good fun. Very Happy

Acts 20!

So Paul raises this man (I'm assuming) named Eutychus from the dead. Incredible. So this shows us that not only Jesus can raise people from the dead, but SO CAN YOU! I know, it sounds funny. But Paul was a disciple, a follower of Jesus, just like you and me. It feels like more and more you devote your life to God and the more and more you show that you are capable of making things happen for Him, God gives you MORE. He doesn't give you less or not recognize the fact that you're working for him, he gives you MORE. Imagine that!

Our praise team, as we devote more of our time, effort, and prayer into this whole thing, God's just going to bless us MORE and trust us with MORE. Keep putting in the effort guys! We can only go UP from here. That is what the Bible teaches us today.

Are you guys all excited to SKATE tmrw?! All 20 or something of us will ATTACK the ice and it'll be like China crossing over the Bering Strait over the ice into North America ALL OVER AGAIN. HEHE anyone get my nerdy geography joke?

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Fri Dec 12, 2008 1:56 am

I have to be at school tmrw at 6am to make pancakes for teachers.
tmrw is going to be a very, very long day
so ill keep this short cuase cathy pak needs to sleep.. or dormir.. or 'JAAA'(that was supposed to be korean) haha or siesta? (maybe that means nap instead of sleep)
but anyhoo
Paul speaks about his evangelical works and the struggles that he faced - and it really reminded me of the amazing mass that we had at school today! usually when we hav elike. easter or christmas masses at school they're SO DRYYY. but today, isntead of our regualr 80-year old father burns, we had this new guy.. he could not have been too much older than sam and i was relaly surprised cuase i had never seen a catholic priest/pastor that young. but anyhoo, his msg really spoke to me and i know for a fact that it spoke to all of the non-christians in my school.. He told us that you can know all of the theology, history and pholosophy behind christianity - but without letting it grow, that you are just living a christian l ife on the surface: he encouraged us to do two things in order to prepare for the coming of Jesus: prayeer and repentance - that with these two things, we can have a growing relationship with God - because you can't have a gorwing realtionship with someone if you never talk to them.. I dont know. it was a really simple msg but I think it was really important to me today becuase it really felt like my school life and my church life were like. coming together as one Smile
that more faith is being brought into our school, that there is a little bit more Jesus in all of us now that people have heard, understood and loved his message. It reminded me that I need to play a bigger role in bringing heaven on earth - to bring somme more love into the school community - just like Paul did. The worst thing that can happen to me is maybe get called a dork. hahaa but Paul went through jail, beatings, and risked his life
man intesnse!

im PUMPED for tmrw Very Happy
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:00 am

I like the last line of the Chapter... "What grieved them most... they would never see his face again."
I learned that you might be leaving a group of people who are close to you for the benefit of various other majorities in the world, but if you think about it, you're really hurting the people that regard you as a really close friend.
The people who you've never met will not miss the friendship that has not yet been given light to, so why bother branching out while forgetting about those who are already close to you?
Social pressures nowadays probably have a lot to do with this, but in the case of a leader searching for more disciples - like in the case of Paul here - i guess things are different
Also if you're a servant of God, then things would be different too
But iunno... I don't think I could leave my comfort zone and do what Paul did... mainly because of my personality which could be compared to a solved rubix cube locked into place (imo)
i think i know everything about me, but i can't jumble it up and fix it so other sides of me are seen because I'm locked into place.
alrite... see you guys tmr... skating ye =]
sick... haven't skated in such a long time Very Happy
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  JacobPk Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:50 am

aha me and Sean are going shopping tomorrow for red santa hats.

i just got home from a successful band concert aha, so i just skimmed through this and i really really like the encouragements. I wonder what the world would be like if we just gave one little encouragement to one person every day. I think the world would really change, whether if its a pat on the back, or a nice card or even a nice smile. Let us not only encourage each other, but to just random people. Just like a random act of kindness, an encouragement is similar in its own way, it will spurr into people and it'll make a chain reaction of just encouragements. Wouldn't that be sick ahaha

see you gusy tomorrow.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Dec 12, 2008 2:38 pm

v.24 However, I consider my life worth nothing to me, if only I may finish the race and complete the task the Lord Jesus has given me-the task of testifying to the gospel of God's grace.

I really liked Paul's shpiel to the elders of the church. Here, it's so clear that, to Paul, his only purpose in life is to spread God's word as a witness to his glory. I'm finding that, with university applications, university is taking over me these days. Reading this chapter reminded me that I should prioritize and make God my number one.

v.28 Keep watch over yourselves and all the flock of which the Holy Spirit has made you overseers.

Paul gives us a good advice. He tells us to care for each other and be there when someone needs us. There are some kids in my grade these days who are so stressed about marks, and they start bawling in some classes. At first, I found it very odd because, even though marks are very important, I didn't think it was a reason for someone to break down. Anyway, I was just being judgemental, and I think that I should talk to them and make them feel better.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Allan Fri Dec 12, 2008 3:55 pm

It is more blessed to give than to recieve. It us true. The willingness to give it could be anything. Money time love, without the hope of getting anything back a genuine heart to give. And I like that very much
Allan
Allan
Disposable

Number of posts : 314
Birthday : Viet for life
Registration date : 2008-09-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down