Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

JINGLE BASS

+3
hannahlee
Isaac
JacobPk
7 posters

Go down

JINGLE BASS Empty JINGLE BASS

Post  JacobPk Fri Dec 05, 2008 12:44 am

i'm excited for tomorrow. ahaa
i was just watching beethoven virus. siiickk

haha i love how the guys name is BarJesus. Anyway apparently in this chapter Barnabas is known as the encourager and was able to supposet Saul and just have his back. There are some things i question about encouraging. If someone is going through a rough time, is it more encouraging to say "its ok, i'm sure evrything will be alright." or to say" Suck it up, things like this happen." i don't know, often times, there are people who find the first suggestion more comforting, but others like the 2nd one because its real and straightup. That was a total side note question. Anyway, there are many ways to encourage depending on th eperson, whether if its by words, actions, thoughts etc. As a praise team, how can we encourage so that not only us will be lifted but others around us will be lifted too. Also, encouraging doesn't mean you make someone feel better. How can we make encouragements so that we can make our relationships with CHRIST grow? Jesus himself is an everlasting encrouagement and motivation if you really htrink about it. IF He's the one thing that can change your life forever, he himself has to be an encouragement so that we don't stray away fomr him. When we sing praise songs, or set up chairs or lead, thats all GOD, we do these thigns so that others can be encouraged and never stray from God. does it make sense?

Can't wait till tomorrow.
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

JINGLE BASS Empty Re: JINGLE BASS

Post  Isaac Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:04 am

Hello. I visited a hindu temple and a Buddhist temple today. There are a lot of things we can learn from Buddhism. Not like the actual beliefs but the values and how they confront pain/ suffering. I saw a monk with her head shaved and dots on her head like Krilling from DragonBall-Z. It was intense. She constantly made fun of me..... Suspect

onto the devo:
I was thinking about how this guy went blind cause we was anti- God. And I was trying to think about the times when my relationship with God wasnt so strong, and it did feel like i was "blind". Obviously thats not literal but my outlook on life was bleak and felt like i wasnt doing much. Now that im playing on this team, doing devos, praying more, and being apart of this community i feel like i have a better out look on life. This may be for many of you as well.

PLEASE READ THIS:::::::
Roh JUST sent out mp3s of the songs you dont have yet. Now you have a giant list of songs were going to do and i suggest that if you dont already have the songs download them, or ask me. I should have all of them (I think) and ill be glad to send it, email it, put it on a usb as long as you have it. Listen to it so we dont waste time on Fridays going over how the songs runs. That should already be in your head. Also the version Rohan is sending out, are the ones he wants to do. There are many different versions of the same song but these are the ones were doing.

cya tomorrow, hard core practice tomorrow Very Happy
E-Sek OUT!
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:11 am

Acts 13

An interesting passage...

One thing that stood out was the different ways people came to accept Jesus:
1. The proconsul saw what the Holy Spirit did to Elymas the Sorceror, and believed.
2. Many of the Jews believed after Paul and Barnabas' accounts of their ancestors and how God had fulfilled every promise He'd made and how the Holy One, Jesus Christ, was one who would never decay.
3. Many Gentiles believed once they heard the good word and God's equal inclusion and love for them in v. 47, with the command: "I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

Maybe this is me just being knit-picky and maybe it really isn't all that relevant, but it managed to particularly stand out to me. To me, it showed me how our God is a universal God who loves every individual unconditionally and the same, no matter their differences. He created the heavens and the earth and knows us better than any other, and will use methods unique to what's best for our circumstances, to reveal Himself to us, I think. If that makes any sense. Continues to drive home the fact that God is much more than this ominous, All-Mighty being we serve, but He's just as much our loving Father, who knows us, and cares for us, and will do whatever possible to have us come back to Him.

STOKED for tomorrow Smile

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:13 am

WHOEVER CHANGED MY PICTURE - I DON'T KNOW HOW YOU DID IT.
BUT COMPLETELY NOT OKAY.
ALMOST GAVE ME A HEART ATTACK.
ACTUALLY.
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:15 am

YOOOOOOOO

I hope all of you are ready for practice tmrw! Please give Hannah, Denise, and everyone else your full respect and I hope the practice will go really well! I want you guys to all have a good time and make the most out of the time. I'm really sad that I can't be there Sad But I can't wait for the next practice!

This was a long chapter. Something that I've read over and over again in the past caught my attention. In the New Testament, there's a lot of instances where the authors quote parts of the Old Testament that are prophetic of Jesus. I bet you soooo many people were reading those things before Jesus came on the earth and never even thought about how those passages were talking about the Messiah. What I'm curious about now, is I wanna know what parts of the New Testament contains prophecies about today's world! Some people supposedly have the gift of prophecy...that's the coolest thing ever.

"I have made you a light for the Gentiles, that you may bring salvation to the ends of the earth."

Straight forward. But I just want to bring to your attention again, what I was talking about yesterday, in case you didn't read it and I want to stress it again!

We have been called to do so many things. And every single day in my devos, me, or someone else, will remind you of all that we should do as people of God, and as the praise team. But what I REALLY want to remind you of again today is that you cannot do any of these without PRAYER.

Keep praying.
Keep praying.
Keep praying.

What is prayer? Just talking to God! Absurd I know -- the idea of talking to something that is not tangible. But he is listening. You just try to pray and think back to everything that you've prayed for. God answers you in mysterious ways. But for this retreat, we need SO much prayer. Pray for the congregation; pray for yourselves; pray for the team. Let's make this happen!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Fri Dec 05, 2008 1:17 am

Very Happy:D:D:D:D:D. HANNAH you got owned. I dunno who did it, but they would have to have some sort of.... "admin" title. cyclops i aint snitching but *hint*hint*
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  dennis Fri Dec 05, 2008 2:00 am

Acts 13

v.39 "Through him [God] everyone who believes is justified from everything you could not be justified from by the law of Moses."

I noticed that in the olden times (and perhaps even now), people believed that the apostles were "God". John the baptist had to repeatedly tell others that he wasn't the savior, but Jesus would be coming soon. In this verse, it's clear that none of us humans can save other people from sin- only God can. He's the one that sent His son to die for everyone, and that was the greatest gift that anyone could ever give.

This verse showed me that nothing that we do is greater than what God does in our lives. Sometimes, it's easy for us to underestimate God's power and be doubtful, but the truth is that God is the one who gave us the eternal lives as a gift.
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Fri Dec 05, 2008 3:10 am

I did this chapter with my gf as well.. so i'll write what we both learned
gf: some non-believers will reject God no matter what
when something really good happens, they will merely shrug it off as coincidence
and also these firm non-believers think that there's always a scientific way to prove everything

me: what she said . _.
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Sat Dec 06, 2008 10:47 pm

hey guyss
sorry this is late
but here goes!
long chapter, eh?
haha so BarJesus was some sort of sorcerer type guy.. and he tried to turn the consul away from the Christian faith. but then paul totally owned him and told him that you are a devil, and that for his wrongdoings and works against God, he will make him blind. And THERE and he was blind Smile
This reminded me of that story that Sam told us.. I think it was Sam williams or some other pastor friend of his who sent to India for missionary work. There, he confronted sorcerers that were like.. summoning their spirits to work against the missinaries. But, after a couple of days, the sorcers confronted him, asking what God they believe in, because they tried sending their spirits, but the power of God overpowered.
And this is pretty much exactly what happened in this passage. I find we get really easily scared at like. the demon stories Sam tells us at EVERY RETREAT Razz and all of the mumbojumbo about spirits, posession and etc. But Sam always reminds me 'but because we have God we're so much stronger than them' which is so true.. Even though the spirits have more power than us, God has got our back yoo and with him we are stronger than them. So let's just remember that God's power is absolutely undefeatable, and that with him and in him, anything is possible Smile
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum