Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yo Bro. Acts 10

+3
Isaac
JacobPk
dennis
7 posters

Go down

Yo Bro. Acts 10 Empty Yo Bro. Acts 10

Post  dennis Mon Dec 01, 2008 9:11 pm

Like my gangster title?

December 1.
Christmas carols, Christmas trees, presents, secret santa, reindeers, santa, etc. etc.
I. love. Christmas.
Actually, I'm listening to a carol as I write this.
Altogether, December makes me a happier person Very Happy Very Happy Very Happy
ANDD everyone should get an advent calendar. I'm going to try this year not to finish all 25 chocolates in one week. FATTY.

By the way, for our little skating outing next next Friday, uhh ... I'm not skating. I don't know how to skate.
Alrighty.

Acts 10.

v.28 "You are well aware that it is againts our law for a Jew to associate with a Gentile or visit him. But God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean."

When I was reading the part where God told Peter to kill an animal and eat, and Peter refused because it was "impure", I was confused as to how this vision could relate to the events of this chapter. Then, when Peter realized that God didn't want him to categorize people just because of the Jewish law, I saw the connection. It's true that we shouldn't judge people or put others down because God made each and every one of them. When we think in this term, when we gossip about someone, it's kind of like mocking what God has purposefully created.

So, we should accept everyone for simply being them because that's how God has created them.

-Denise
dennis
dennis
minion

Number of posts : 204
Registration date : 2008-09-09

Back to top Go down

Yo Bro. Acts 10 Empty Re: Yo Bro. Acts 10

Post  JacobPk Mon Dec 01, 2008 11:54 pm

skating. ahaha
i'm going to bboy in the snow.

Coem to our talent show! ahaha its in like 2 weeks, but our audition is tomorrow. pretty slick.

In addition to what Denise said, we only judge because we either have pride in ourself or in something else. Jesus tells us to become like children, when i heard that i wondered what it meant. I got a few things out of it eventually, but relating it to this topic here's an example. A kid will run and play carefree, but when he falls or trips, he won't care, he'll continue to do what he just did, without caring what anyone else thinks. But as we get older, if a grown man falls or trips, he'll be ashamed or embarrassed and will be extra careful to not look stupid again. I want us to take iniative and be able to let others know" yo, i'm not any different from you." Wehn our congregation praises, there are 4 outcomes: They praise and worship out loud, in silence, they don't do it at all, or they're too ashamed of how others would look at them. Whether if they sound bad or good, i find that i don't judge them, the fact that they're singing inspires me to. Okay, Samuels sister, Lydia, during the slow songs with only vocals, you can clearly hear her. Lydia has a case of autism? ( dont know hwo to spell it) anyway, so when she sings she stands out, and it makes me so upset to see people around her looking at her funny or laugh at her. But then it just inspired me, She sings without lcaring what other people think of her. THATS pretty sick, and THATS something we should all learn from.

Math study! choo choo choo
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

Post  Isaac Tue Dec 02, 2008 12:09 am

monkey <-- black guy.

Ok so i like how this chapter talks about how God chooses everyone, and even the "bad people".
God has chosen us to lead praise. and some of us may not have led "Christian" lives up until this summer. (myself for example). But its what he has done to us that is important.

Ciao friday. Skating? ill try to find skates.

E-Sek OUT!

Last edited by Isaac on Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:22 am; edited 1 time in total
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

Post  Michael Ha Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:14 am

c'mon denise, we'll all teach you how to skate so ret's gou~~!

I learned about equality in this Chapter
Equality is a term coined by us, and we might not think we're equal because some of us are better at blank than others, but that's entirely up to us.
We made all things related to competition, and therefore we have the term "better" to describe one who excels at blank more than others. Yet, in the eyes of the Lord these competitions are meaningless and just because someone is better than another at what we've made, that doesn't make them any "better"
God may use the talents we have, however, to help people and inspire them, but God doesn't care if you suck at basketball or if you're amazing at DOTA

sweet.. 2 in a row!
Michael Ha
Michael Ha
minion

Number of posts : 214
Birthday : in you

Back to top Go down

Post  hannahlee Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:29 am

CHRISTMAS:
the most stressful and enjoyable time of the year. ridiculous-ness. christmas concerts every week, mmm, mmm. hahaha.

Acts 10

v.27 God has shown me that I should not call any man impure or unclean.
v.34 Then Peter began to speak: "I now realize how true it is that God does not show favoritism 35but accepts men from every nation who fear him and do what is right.

I'm much in line with what everybody else has been saying.

This chapter's nice in that it really pounds home the idea that there is no man or woman on earth that is unfit for God's love. Just as He showed Saul His mercy in yesterday's chapter, and shapes him into becoming a great testament to His name, God doesn't care for race, ability, how many good deeds we do a day, etc. And it's not enough to recognize that God does this and it makes Him an even MORE merciful and loving God.

We have to recognize that we as Christians need to do the same and recognize that none of us really deserve God's love and that we certainly don't deserve it more than any other, simply because we uphold polite, 'good' actions, etc. We're all the same in His eyes, so long as we believe.

So what next? For me, I drew away the personal challenge of really going out of my way to be there for those that would be the equivalent of the Gentiles in this story. I think that even as Christians, we have the tendency to steer away from those that are a little 'different', because it makes our lives 'easier'. With the 'norm', we have nothing to lose. But stand with someone 'different', and we have the subconscious feeling that we're putting something personal at stake there. And that's got it all wrong. It was never easy for God to reach out to those like Saul - I'm sure it was a constant fight and struggle for Him, but He never gave up on him. In the same way, we can't expect that reaching out to the 'different' and being there for them is always going to be easy. But we need to find faith and confidence in the Holy Spirit and push ourselves to be active believers. *"Different" is not limited to any number of things and is typically different for every individual's interpretation.

Hope y'all have happy Tuesdays!

- H
hannahlee
hannahlee
minion

Number of posts : 219
Birthday : how tall? CN tower tall...

Back to top Go down

Post  Roh Tue Dec 02, 2008 1:57 am

Hey everyone.

Exams officially start TOMORROW NIGHT FOR ME! Sorry I can't make it to practice...I feel really bad and I'm sad that I can't be there but you know I'll miss you guys!

Poor Peter. First tested by Jesus THREE times, and now he went through this horrifying vision. Hehe, it might seem glorious and what not, but it seems horrifying to me! First, he fell into a trance (which is just awesome), saw heaven open up then he was surrounded by MANY animals around these four sides of large sheets. Kind of freaky, no?

When he was confused, the Spirit told him that he needed to go look for these THREE men that he was to be hungry for...the sort of figurative language that I caught here is that Peter was to be HUNGRY FOR MEN. He was to go look for these guys and to feel even so physically weak because he was so hungry to spread the gospel. And God put them in his platter and all he had to do is serve them and preach the Gospel!

Don't we get SO many opportunities throughout the day to serve God and to show the ones around us who He is? All we need to do is TAKE those opportunities as we're hungry for them and you know what to do!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Cathy Tue Dec 02, 2008 3:16 am

Take THAT, VEGETARIANS
God says we should eat meat =)
haha so this whole chapter was all about the perception that people had that some things or people were impure, and therefore,t hey should not associate with them. But God really clarifies that no one or nothing is too impure for us - i think this really teaches us to be humble. Instead of thinking that we're too good and holy to associate with some people, God wants us to see everyone as equal beings - to appreciate and love all things in the name of Jesus.
I was really hoping for a snowday today.
Too bad Sad
Cathy
Cathy
Disposable

Number of posts : 401

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down