Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

John 133333

3 posters

Go down

John 133333 Empty John 133333

Post  Roh Sat Sep 13, 2008 9:47 pm

Great chapter. Sad, but great.
Jesus is preparing for his death, and I can't imagine what it would be like, telling people about your imminent yet inevitable death, and trying to choose the right words to say while you're still here on the earth. It seems like all of Jesus' teachings and routes were carefully planned and perfectly placed for our needs and learning. I mean, look at what Jesus did when he washed his disciples' feet! He's been a great teacher for all this time, and now that he's done his job, he teaches his students to be just like him and be humble. I think that's a great way of ending off year of teaching. I really like those last verses in this section: "I tell you the truth, no servant is greater than his master, nor is a messenger greater than the one who sent him. Now that you know these things, you will be blessed if you do them." I know that we have distinguished leaders in this praise team. But you need to remember that we are just as sinful as you are and just as desperate to learn and grow! I'm learning a lot from this team guys. From God, and from you guys.

Another sad thing from this chapter. Jesus predicted Peter's denial. When Jesus predicted it, Peter had absolutely NO doubt that he would be willing to give up his life for God. ANY TIME. I think we're like that sometimes in our spiritual high stages. When we "feel" like we love God so much, we're arrogant and make so many promises to God. But look how Jesus responded. He pretty much said sarcastically, "Yeah, Okay." Isn't that how Jesus views us sometimes? When you're on fire for God, you should try to get to know him THAT much more and keep yourself in touch, not be arrogant and let yourself a little loose.

I'm REALLY looking forward to tomorrow guys. Be there at 9:30 sharp and warm up!

Roh
Roh
Roh
Admin

Number of posts : 147
Registration date : 2008-09-09

https://milal.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

John 133333 Empty Wash Wash

Post  JacobPk Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:31 pm

Nervous?... yes i am Smile
Scared? Not even Surprised
Lets rock it tomorrow!
and lets go to K-fest together aha

If i learned one thing from this chapter, it is Humility. Imagine, Someone who we're not worthy of knowing, worshipping, praising, gets down on his knees and washes our feet...
I pretty much understand what Peter is saying. He refuses to let Jesus wash his feet, until he realizes that Love is being shown. Through this passage i think we really need to humble ourselves to God. Doing that, everything else follows. We won't have to try to be humble, or pretend. It'll come naturally. In verse 16, I learned that no one is higher or lower than anyone else,,, reason? Because God loves us ALL the same. I have learned so much fomr you guys and from God, the instant i joined the praise team. Somewhat Muscially haha, but other things aswell. You guys ARE my family, and i'm starting to acknowledge the fact that we are close and we can help each other in the heap of anything. aha

Peter must've felt like crap. i would've to.

CHeers tomorrow Smile
JacobPk
JacobPk
Disposable

Number of posts : 458
Birthday : I like men

Back to top Go down

John 133333 Empty Re: John 133333

Post  Isaac Sat Sep 13, 2008 10:48 pm

Korean thanksgiving... what a feast!
Anywho i like the way John wrote this. Its epic. Like a novel well written with unique characters and betrayal DUM DUM DUM.

I like how Jesus leaves with a big message that he was telling everyone from the start, humility. I know we have said "be humble" atleast a thousand times but its very important. Humility is my first priority as of late.
I think it was pretty exciting when Jesus said "it is the one to whom i will give this piece of bread when i have dipped it in the dish". I knew it was Judas he was talking about but i was pretty excited to read on. Then when he gave it to Judas i was thinking "you got booked buddy!" then the devil took him over... Twisted Evil

Roh made a good point about how we MAY think that we would "die" for Christianity or for God's will but we might be in over our heads.

Urgghhh i hate taking the subway... but ill be at the gates waiting for it to open at 8:55am! So if im late my apologies but im doing everything i can to get there asap.

see you guys (and gal) tomorrow!
-Isaac
Isaac
Isaac
Admin

Number of posts : 916
Birthday : will you eat my baguette?

Back to top Go down

John 133333 Empty Re: John 133333

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content