Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

1 King 01

3 posters

Go down

1 King 01 Empty 1 King 01

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Jan 13, 2014 8:34 pm

To summarize this chapter, it is about Adonijah making a power move to grab the throne from David.

At first i was like what... how can i relate this to myself or even praise team. Im sure no would dare trying to over power me or Jeremy because thats just wrong...

AFter thinking about for awhile, i realized that we are trying to over power God. The lives we're living, sometimes we may do things our own way and manipulate things so that we're comfortable doing it. We may even do it without knowing because its just so natural for us to do things the way we want to do it.
We are corrupting ourselves with all the malicious things in the world and God wants us to stop and hes trying to pull us away from that road, but we're pushing God away and continuing down that road full of malicious things.

Also another thing i want to add is that God provides us with leaders, such as pastors, PT leaders, Leaderships, etc... for our church. SOmetimes we may be questioning "is this person a suitable leader?", "I dont like his methods, i dont like him in general". We need to forget about these thoughts. Who are we to question God's decision to bring someone into the church. SOmetimes it may be necessary to replace ineffective leaders, but we must ONLY go to that option after careful thoughts and prayer. Another thing, i know EVERYONE has done this before but talking behind someones back especially leaders. I know that i have done this many many times and we judge previous and current leaders and question their methods and talk behind their backs. If your going to talk behind their backs, tell it to them to their face so they know how you feel. Talking about someone behind their backs, especially leaders, is like rebelling against them.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

1 King 01 Empty Re: 1 King 01

Post  Daniel Kim Mon Jan 13, 2014 11:12 pm

I have to admit, I do at times try to overpower God. I usually do things that I think is correct, and God knows that majority of the time, I'm doing the wrong thing. But I do get arrogant and ignore him, while doing what I want, and ending up getting into a mess. We shouldn't overpower God, because he is obviously a much higher rank than all of us, since he is the creator. So we're pretty much just assuming that we're more correct than God, which seems really silly. So, we should take in what is correct in his eyes, as he never makes mistakes. And also, with the leaders that God gives us, we do question why this person was chosen as a leader. Personally, I don't question about Pat a Rick being a leader because I know he is much more experienced than I am, and he isn't a bad leader. But we shouldn't question about it (of course if the leader is taking a really bad turn, then something has to be arranged) because it is a choice of God. None of our choices is as correct as God's choices, since he is such a superior being. And if we do overpower the leader, will we do any better than them?

Daniel Kim
minion

Number of posts : 34
Registration date : 2013-11-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Kim Thu Jan 16, 2014 2:26 am

Props to me awesome devo buddy who kicked my off my butt to start devos again Smile tbh I dont really know what I'm supposed to do but I guess I'll just respond to what Patrice was saying. Trying to "overpower" God or put other things first is a big problem I have in my life. Especially now that finals are coming and I have a lot more work compared to the almost non existent amount of work I had before. I feel so busy and stressed and annoyed and like I have no time for God. Also, when he tells me to do something and I think it'll be uncomfortable or I want to do something else, I dont want to obey him and that is a terrible sin. I really need to work on obeying, acknowledging his greatness and sovereignty and putting God first in my life.

Jess Kim
minion

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down