Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16

+3
John Kim
jaake kwon
Pa Ta Rick
7 posters

Go down

Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16 Empty Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Oct 16, 2013 7:47 am

The only thing free in this world is salvation from God through Jesus Christ, and that one's free because Jesus paid the price on the cross.

Eliezer had to pay a price to get Rebekah to come back with him and marry Isaac. Genesis 24:53 says, "Then he brought out gold and silver and articles of clothing and gave them to Rebekah; he also gave expensive gifts to her brother and her mother."

Great goals require great sacrifice. If you are serious about getting a focused life, you need to ask three questions: 1) What will it cost? 2) What am I willing to give? 3) Is it worth it?

The greatest use of your life is to invest it in something that will outlast it. Jesus said, "What good is it for a man to gain the whole world, yet forfeit his soul?" (Mark 8:36 NIV) Don't begin working toward your goals until you've counted the cost.

I pray that God will help you get a clear vision of what he wants you to be and do. And I pray that the rest of your life includes the best years of your life.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16 Empty Re: Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16

Post  jaake kwon Wed Oct 16, 2013 8:27 pm

The devo was sort of wishy washy, but all in essence, I feel that the focus is giving all that we can give for a cause that is ultimately greater than us. It's so easy to think that our life is the biggest thing we can see, but we fail to realize that His Kingdom is something that will outlast us. "Thy kingdom come, thy will be done on Earth as it is in Heaven" is such a heavy goal that in order to pursue it, we should be spending every day of our lives striving for it.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16 Empty Re: Great Goals, Great Sacrifice - oct 16

Post  John Kim Wed Oct 16, 2013 9:50 pm

zzzz so tired today i ran around being a referee for gr. 5 and 6's soccer games all day... got 14 hours though Very Happy
With great goals comes great sacrifice. Something we all know, but fail to recognize enough to realize how deep the meaning really is. Of course as a praise team I feel that our overall "goal" in a sense is to lead the congregation in worshiping God, and to lead as a positive example for others. And the price we pay is the hard work, individual and group practices that we do throughout the week. Every goal you have cannot be achieved in the blink of an eye. It takes patience, determination and diligence. I guess what I'm trying to get across here is that no matter what we do to try and achieve something, it is not easy and we have to be prepared to let go of some things in order to achieve others. And to always know the reason why you are aiming to achieve your goals. afro elephant study farao 

John Kim
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:45 am

Why have we been given this life on Earth?
Just a question that i've been thinking about this week...
The way we live our life is up to us. God has payed the price and as long as we claim that he is our Lord and saviour, we are saved.
That has already been taken care of. So what now?
We have a limited time here on Earth and we need to figure out what we are going to do with it. Some start their serious journey early and some later, It doesn't matter. When growing as a child, we basically played around, memorized some bible verses, and danced/sang to songs. That's pretty much how my Sunday at church went. I grew up and was raised in that environment.
Now at this certain age group, we are in that stage between a child and an adult. but we are old enough now to watch out for ourselves and make our own decisions. This is where I am starting to think more seriously about my walk with Christ.
How far am I willing to go? How far do I want to go?
Other things outside of church do pile up and we end up being inconsistent with God, so it really depends on you at what pace and distance you want to go.

I know that this devo wasn't specifically refering to our goals with God, but this is what I felt like talking about today.
~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunwoo Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:48 am

Everything requires some kind of sacrifice, even if it's time or energy, and this devo says that the greatness of the goal and that of the sacrifice that we make are directly related.

While this devo says to ask three questions, I think that the last one pretty much sums up the other two:
"Is it worth it?"
It's an important question to ask about pretty much anything that we do, because if we never stop to ask it, we'll end up living our lives based on impulse, laziness, and our own earthly desires.
Is it worth it? Am I willing to face the consequences of my actions/lack of action?

So although a great goal may require great sacrifice, the goal that we have with Christ is worth more than everything that we have to offer.

Eunwoo
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 am

The topic ofthe devo today is really simple. always remember that salvation is free because JESUS PAID THE PRICE!
This means that we are given a free pass into heaven if we accept him as a savior. It is a really simple idea but if you think about it we are really lucky.
People stress out suppper hard becauseof life. They want to get into a certain university and they have so much pressure. Sometimes we may put so much stress upon ourselves just for earthly matters. Im not saying that we shouldnt try at all but what im staying is that we shouldnt worry too much because we can always rely on God. God has a plan for us and he'll do what he pleases with out lives.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee. Thu Oct 17, 2013 12:49 am

Sacrifice will always come with change, and new goals. If we want to improve in something, more often than not, sacrifice will be paired with it. For example, if we want to improve our grades in a certain subject, we must sacrifice our time to study, review notes, and do homework so we can work towards improving our grades. If we were not to sacrifice this time for study, homework, etc. and use this time instead to do the things we want to do such as watching TV, texting, then we would see no progress that brings us closer to our goal. We cannot expect that sacrifice will not show up in our way when we attempt to achieve goals, especially the ones that require our greatest diligence and attention. The sacrifice should be worth doing in terms of accomplishing goals. Sacrifice can be necessary as it allow us to change, grow, and reflect upon the differences it's bringing to our lives that's hopefully helping us advance towards our goal/goals.
Furthermore, I think we have to know that some sacrifices we make (some more than others), will bring a form of pain in our lives. It might be more of an unpleasant experience to have to sacrifice but eventually, if we calculated the worth of the goal to the sacrifice, we will see that we may be closer to our goal than ever before. Jesus made a sacrifice for us. We should also be willing to make sacrifices that will enhance our capabilities of reaching a goal.

11 No discipline seems pleasant at the time, but painful. Later on, however, it produces a harvest of righteousness and peace for those who have been trained by it.
Hebrews 12:11
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  julie.ro Thu Oct 17, 2013 1:38 am

Sacrifice paves the path to seeing a successful goal.

God does require sacrifice from us in asking us to follow Him, but how much are we willing to sacrifice? I, myself, am not so sure about the answer. However, our goal is sure and simple: to lay down our lives for Christ and to follow Him. The other part of the devo reminds us that God did sacrifice his Son so that we may be saved, and believe in Him.

All in all, this devotion gave me more to think about than to agree with, as with the other devos.
julie.ro
julie.ro
minion

Number of posts : 50
Registration date : 2013-09-06

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down