Always Worship
Very Happy

Fruit Grows From Spiritual Seeds - September 27, 2013

Go down

Fruit Grows From Spiritual Seeds - September 27, 2013

Post  Pa Ta Rick on Tue Sep 24, 2013 9:01 am

John 12:24
24 Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit.

Hebrews 11:1
1 Now faith is the assurance of things hoped for, the conviction of things not seen.

John 15:2
2 Every branch in me that does not bear fruit he takes away, and every branch that does bear fruit he prunes, that it may bear more fruit.

When you think about your walk with Jesus, some days you may wonder, "Why is this so hard? I'm still struggling with so many problems. When will I finally get it right?"

In my journey as a pastor, I've learned that spiritual growth is often like the growth we see in nature - the best fruit ripens slowly.

The problem is we tend to get impatient, so we dig up the seed to check the progress of its growth, and that slows down our growth! If you're not seeing as much fruit as you'd like, don't despair. Growth takes time.

In the meantime, try these steps for spiritual growth:

Nurture growth with God's Word -- I know you're already doing this, but when you read the promises of God, again and again, it helps you remember that he is at work, even when you can't see him at work: "Now faith is being sure of what we hope for and certain of what we do not see." (Hebrews 11:1 NIV)

Cooperate with God as he prunes -- Praise God for the work he's doing in your life, remembering "he prunes the branches that do bear fruit so they will produce even more." (John 15:2 NLT)

Pray through the "fruit list' -- Pray through the "fruit list' (the fruit of the Spirit) from Galatians 5:22-23. The NIV Bible lists the fruit as love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness, and self-control. Ask God to help you grow this fruit in your life.
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Fruit Grows From Spiritual Seeds - September 27, 2013

Post  jaake kwon on Sat Sep 28, 2013 2:18 am

I guess something to note over here is the idea of really checking your crops once they prosper rather than when they're simply growing from a small sprout to a rooted sprout.

To further compare the analogy, there is the idea of "My seed is a plant now! I should expect it to be edible at the moment." When really, the fruit has not begun to bear. Mmmm, I see this a lot within my relationship with God. The picture appears very frequently, but only with different colours. "I accept that God has saved me. Do I love him now?" is just One example of this idea that I've had for a really long while. I've noticed that God gives us very simple directions. In comparison, God is telling us to put our whole body within the water in order to be rejuvenated by the fresh water, but we're essentially dipping the tips of our toes in and complaining that we don't feel fresh yet.

I mean, it's a bad habit and hard to really avoid, but c'est la vie. Gotta learn to cope with it now, and take a more objective views towards your "struggles" before you drop everything and complain that something does not work.
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Jess Kim on Mon Sep 30, 2013 11:59 pm

Wow I'm feeling ridiculously distracted right now. I have Facebook and the Breaking Bad finale open in other tabs, I'm extremely sick and my throat feels like it's dying. But enough of the complaints. I think it's very easy to be impatient when we don't see the whole picture- the whole picture being eternity. When we get frustrated with our slow pace and shortcomings we just need to realize that there is so much time beyond this life and we don't have to rush our relationship with God. That being said, we still need to always move in the right direction. It's fine to take little baby steps towards God, as long as it is towards God and not away from Him.

Jess Kim
minion

Number of posts : 65
Registration date : 2013-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down