Always Worship
Very Happy

God Says You Are Accepted - August 27, 2013

Go down

God Says You Are Accepted - August 27, 2013

Post  Pa Ta Rick on Tue Aug 27, 2013 11:21 am

Romans 15:7
7 Therefore, accept each other just as Christ has accepted you so that God will be given glory.

Most of us spend our entire lives trying to earn acceptance. We want to earn it from our parents, peers, partners in life, from people we respect, maybe even from people we envy.

The drive to be accepted is a deep drive that can influence the kind of clothes you wear, the kind of car you drive, the kind of house you buy, even the career you choose.

Remember as a kid you wanted so badly to be in the in-crowd that someone would say to you, "I dare you to do this," and they'd suggest something that was either stupid, or that put you in an unsafe situation. But, you did it anyway because your desire to be accepted overruled the desire for safety.

We do it because we love the feeling of "I'm OK, I'm accepted; somebody accepts me." When you're accepted, it does tremendous things for your self-esteem. The truth is Jesus accepts you and that acceptance is not based on your performance. In fact, you may have received Christ and accepted Jesus into your life, but do you realize that you're able to do that because Jesus accepted you? You don't have to earn his acceptance; you don't have to prove yourself to him.

We need to stop thinking, "I've got an unpleaseable God up there and I've got to be a good boy, or good girl, to be accepted." God, through Jesus Christ, has already accepted you. And that's the Good News!
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: God Says You Are Accepted - August 27, 2013

Post  Pa Ta Rick on Tue Aug 27, 2013 12:39 pm

I think that today's devo is a great reminder that there is no price to earn God's acceptance as long as we accept his acceptance.
We are all on praise team because we want to be. We aren't forced to be on praise team and we should be enjoying what we are doing. Praise team isn't something we do to get accept by God. We do it to serve him and lead others into worship. We should be helping others accept God's acceptance.

We should never think that because we did something bad God will just throw us away. Our God is a God who forgives and as long as we learn from our mistakes, we can repent as much as we want too.

Have a good day and keep up with the devos
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  James on Tue Aug 27, 2013 1:02 pm

I'm sure we've all faced the problem where we saw that we weren't good enough in God's eyes.
Sometimes I even feel as if feeling ashamed is from Satan, reminding us that we'll never be able to reach His standards because of our weight of sin and our past.
I remember feeling ashamed as I turned more and more away from God, that I'd never be His faithful servant. For me, someone that I always turn to is Peter, as he'd made many mistakes during his walk with Jesus, but he still came back to Him when he was called. Remembering His unconditional love for us definitely keeps me in check, knowing that He'd always be waiting for me to return, rather than hiding just like Adam and Eve had done. I think what we could do to keep turning to Him is to do it on a daily, making it feel strange and uncomfortable once we miss out having that consistent connection with God. Having that routine with God will create that path that would ultimately lead us to stand firm in our faith.

"Though your sins are like scarlet, they shall be as white as snow; though they are red as crimson, they shall be like wool."
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Eunwoo on Tue Aug 27, 2013 10:42 pm

When we hear/read things like "Be perfect, therefore, as your heavenly father is perfect." or when we mess up, knowing that God accepts us unconditionally can be very comforting, and it's important to remember so that we won't reject God in our shame.

But like the bible verse says, we also need to accept others in the same way that Christ accepts us. This way, we are unified and we can glorify God as one. Also, accepting each other can get rid of the feeling that we need to impress or achieve things to be worthy or liked.

Eunwoo
minion

Number of posts : 45
Registration date : 2013-08-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh on Wed Aug 28, 2013 12:05 am

since we live in a time where everything is so centred on technology and media, it's easy to be brainwashed into thinking you have to look and act a certain way to be accepted.
often it can really hurt someone's self esteem seeing those things and not being able to meet the standards of what society labels as "perfect". i'm sure all of you know what im talking about.
Jina talked about this topic a lot in our small group and she always pointed out that no matter how we act or what we look like, God will accept you and love you.
In Psalm 139:14 it says "I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well."
Since God took the time and care to create you, clearly you are special and worthy to him and this is somewhat similar to what Eunwoo said but if God can accept anyone, then we should be able to do the same.

yeaah ok goodnight~!

Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo on Thu Aug 29, 2013 12:08 am

ma bad missed last night

As repetetive and fake as it starts to sound, it's true that we live in a world that reinforces following social norms and looking, acting, or appearing a certain way. This sort of environment we're in definitely has its effect on us, molding us to be the way it wants us to be, but being a follower of Christ has never been about going along with the flow. Instead, Christ urges us to swim against the current and be his followers. Naturally, in worldy eyes, this makes us flawed and imperfect, but like Jesus said elsewhere, praise from men will fade, but pleasing God will last forever. So those are the points I use to assure myself that seeking God's acceptance is the right thing to do even when it may mean being viewed as imperfect by others.
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  michellee. on Fri Aug 30, 2013 1:36 pm

I think we want to be accepted or else we feel so out of place. Today, society tells us that "we have to do this", "we have to be this", or "we have to look like this" to be truly accepted. We can never be good enough, and we always fall short of these "expectations".
But God is different.
Even if we do fall short, we will always be enough for Him, and we are always accepted.
God doesn't discriminate based on our past, and doesn't scrutinize our flaws and mistakes, because He accepts us regardless. Maybe we have such a hard time accepting this truth, and acknowledging that God loves and accepts us no matter who we are, because we don't accept ourselves.
We reject ourselves in time of shame, and we wonder how can God possibly accept us so easily when we don't extend ourselves the same acceptance.
I think during these times, when we don't value ourselves enough to accept ourselves, we can be reassured by the knowledge that God has an unconditional love that surpasses whatever has caused our shame, and surpasses any reason why God would not accept us.
Even though we may not be accepted by society, friends, family or even by ourselves, God always will, and we have to have faith in that acceptance.

8 But God demonstrates his own love for us in this: While we were still sinners, Christ died for us.
Romans 5:8
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down