Always Worship
Very Happy

Un-stuff Your Schedule - July 31, 2013 View previous topic View next topic Go down

Go down

Un-stuff Your Schedule - July 31, 2013 View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick on Mon Jul 29, 2013 7:41 pm

Proverbs 10:27
27 Fear of the Lord lengthens one’s life, but the years of the wicked are cut short.

Proverbs 17:24
24 Sensible people keep their eyes glued on wisdom, but a fool’s eyes wander to the ends of the earth.

Proverbs 12:11
11 A hard worker has plenty of food, but a person who chases fantasies has no sense.

Proverbs 16:9
9 We can make our plans, but the Lord determines our steps.

Proverbs 12:25
25 Worry weighs a person down; an encouraging word cheers a person up.

Proverbs 14:30
30 A peaceful heart leads to a healthy body; jealousy is like cancer in the bones.

Proverbs 17:22
22 A cheerful heart is good medicine, but a broken spirit saps a person’s strength.

Do you ever get to the end of your day and think, "Did I accomplish anything?"

Where does all the time go?

If you don't master your schedule, it will master you!

Here are three suggestions from the Bible for reducing the stress of your schedule and increasing the margin:

Line up your priorities -- Obviously, you don't have time to do everything, so you must make choices. You must decide what's really important and what isn't.

Take some time to consider the direction of your life. The Bible says, "An intelligent person aims at wise action, but a fool starts off in many directions" (Proverbs 17:24 GNT); "It is stupid to waste time on useless projects" (Proverbs 12:11 GNT); "We should make plans - counting on God to direct us" (Proverbs 16:9 LB).

Lighten up your attitude -- Do you really have to do everything on your to-do list? No one is forcing you; a lot of stress is self-imposed.

The Bible says, "Worry weighs us down . . ." (Proverbs 12:25 MSG); "A relaxed attitude lengthens a man's life" (Proverbs 14:30 LB); "Being cheerful keeps you healthy. It is slow death to be gloomy all the time" (Proverbs 17:22 GNT).

Look up to God -- Stress is always a warning light that you've taken your focus off God and are looking at your problems from your limited viewpoint.

I believe the single greatest cause of stress is this: We take ourselves too seriously and we don't take God seriously enough!
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Un-stuff Your Schedule - July 31, 2013 View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  DunNo on Wed Jul 31, 2013 11:56 pm

Wow, it's been quite some time since I've been on here. My apologies, but im now done my pt break and for the most part settled in to my new home.
I know it's wrong not to have made time to do devo's and to do them out of convenience, but I'm back now and I'll try to keep on track.

This devo was especially applicable because of how busy i've been recently. Practicing for an audition in September, moving, unpacking and whatnot have really taken a toll on my spiritual and personal life. And through that time, I haven't really been putting God in the center of my life even though I should have. Sometimes I even feel guilty at church or praise team for putting so many things in front of God in terms of priorities, but I guess this is an opportunity to get back on track.

On the other hand, the break was extremely reviving in terms of my spiritual health. Any fatigue or negative feelings I've had about devos, church, or the pt peeled away and I found myself back to the roots of who and what I'm living for. So yea, this devo was a good reminder to let stresses and negative feelings slip away and turn my focus to God.
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Un-stuff Your Schedule - July 31, 2013 View previous topic View next topic Go down

Post  Audrey Jong on Thu Aug 01, 2013 1:11 am

Make sure to pace yourself each day. Cramming things will eventually overwhelm you and important things to do will be pushed back and stuff like devos will be missed.
I guess that applicable to pretty much all of us. We all know that it's not easy to keep up with daily commitments. Usually, it will be desire that will push you to do your devos consistently. When we're not on a hype for God, we tend to slow down.
It shouldnt be like that.
This is why we need to have a mindset where we are able to find that reason why we do devos daily. If we started devos consistently in the beginning, we should be able to feel some sort of emptiness in us.
So I think we should all do our best in staying on track. It's never too late to start now.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down