Always Worship
Very Happy

Spiritual Habits: Quiet Time - July 26, 2013

Go down

Spiritual Habits: Quiet Time - July 26, 2013

Post  James on Tue Jul 23, 2013 2:36 pm

Psalms 25:4
4 Show me the right path, O Lord; point out the road for me to follow.

Luke 5:16
16 But Jesus often withdrew to the wilderness for prayer.

John 15:7
7 But if you remain in me and my words remain in you, you may ask for anything you want, and it will be granted!

Getting time with God each day is one of the spiritual habits of effective people. We develop spiritual fitness by having a quiet time each day for Bible reading and prayer.

What's the reason for that? To get direction from God: "Show me the path where I should go, O Lord; point out the right road for me to walk." (Psalms 25:4 TLB)

Sometimes we can get so busy in life that we can forget the direction we're going. Like the pilot in World War II flying over the Pacific who radioed back, "I have absolutely no idea where I'm going. I'm lost. But I'm making record time."

Many times we get very busy. We need to slow down and get direction from God. This means we spend time with God on a daily basis; we talk to God in prayer; we let Him talk to us from His Word; and we listen for his direction.

Jesus is our model; he "often withdrew to lonely places and prayed." (Luke 5:16 NIV) You can't get to know God if you're always in a crowd. You get to know God in a one-on-one encounter.

Notice the Bible says Jesus withdrew often; his quiet time was His source of strength.

And Jesus teaches that we are strengthened as we develop a deep and intimate relationship with him: "If you remain in me and my words remain in you, ask whatever you wish, and it will be given you." (John 15:7 NIV)
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: Spiritual Habits: Quiet Time - July 26, 2013

Post  Audrey Jong on Sat Jul 27, 2013 12:22 am

Great devo for today.
Haha, I haven't been consistent this week to I'm gonna get right back to it!

So todays devo showed the importance in our time set aside everyday for God. Like our parents, we should continually talk to him and grow with him. As we become more spiritually mature, things will be clearer. When we walk alongside with God, he will be there to help us in directing our path for us to take. God is there to answer questions, listen, guide, everything!
Most say to come forward to God in the good and the bad times, but what about when there is nothing much going on? Like a journal, share your thoughts and feelings consistently. God is there to give advice and maybe direct you away from wrong choices.
Set some time for him since this is the time to open up and speak freely to him. Devos and quiet time should not be something like a repetitive routine, remember that this is your time to relax and enjoy spending some time for you and God. This is the time you build your relationship and your strength in faith.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon on Mon Aug 26, 2013 10:14 pm

I think this really reflected upon how messed up I've been keeping myself, in a spiritual sense at least.

In retrospect, I haven't really been leaving room for God within me, and I guess a big portion of that can be derived from a lack of his word and meditation upon the gospel. Sometimes I think we forget how valuable the gospel is to ourselves not just morally, but also for our health. For instance, for the past two months, the pattern I've been following has only been leaving room for my cram school and any time that is left was spent on games and social media.

Like the reflection said; 'Jesus withdrew often; his quite time was the source of His strength.'

I have to keep in mind that no matter how well I feel that life is going, it's not really going well unless I attend to my spiritual needs which begins with time well spent meditating upon what little is left of Jesus Christ and His words.
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down