Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

July 19

3 posters

Go down

July 19 Empty July 19

Post  Pa Ta Rick Mon Jul 15, 2013 6:32 pm

Romans 14:7-8
7 For we don’t live for ourselves or die for ourselves.
8 If we live, it’s to honor the Lord. And if we die, it’s to honor the Lord. So whether we live or die, we belong to the Lord.

2 Corinthians 5:15
15 He died for everyone so that those who receive his new life will no longer live for themselves. Instead, they will live for Christ, who died and was raised for them.

The paradox of surrender is that it produces power and victory. Stubborn temptations and overwhelming problems can be defeated by Christ when handed over to him.

As Joshua approached the biggest battle of his life, he encountered God, fell in worship before him, and surrendered his plans. That surrender led to a stunning victory at Jericho.

Surrender doesn't weaken you, it strengthens you.

Why surrender?

Because you belong to your Creator -- God has a right to direct your life: "We are not our own bosses to live or die as we ourselves might choose." (Romans 14:7 LB)

Because Christ bought you with his sacrifice -- The Bible says, "And He died for all so that those who live should no longer live for themselves, but for the One who died for them and was raised." (2 Corinthians 5:15 HCSB)

When you surrender to Christ, you fulfill the very purpose he died for - not just to save you from hell, but also to save you from self-centeredness!
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

July 19 Empty Re: July 19

Post  michellee. Fri Jul 19, 2013 8:20 pm

I think that we have to surrender our lives to God and trust in Him, because God knows everything about your life, and He knows what will happen before it occurs. I think that's why when one surrenders their life to God they become stronger, because their life is now in The Hands of Someone Who knows what They are doing. When one let's God take control, His plan will take over.
God has a right to direct our lives, because He is The One Who saved us, and loves us unconditionally. Our lives belong to God, because it was saved when Jesus made His sacrifice for us on the cross.
Furthermore, I think that if someone surrenders their lives to God, they begin living more selflessly, because during the process of surrender, we are rid of selfishness.

31 but those who hope in the Lord
will renew their strength.
They will soar on wings like eagles;
they will run and not grow weary,
they will walk and not be faint.
-Isaiah 40:31
michellee.
michellee.
minion

Number of posts : 74
Birthday : 13/03 - I smell like laundry.
Registration date : 2013-02-05

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Fri Jul 19, 2013 11:48 pm

If we have chosen to surrender to God, we must be ready to face whatever comes across us. Whether we face death, pain, or any other situations, we do not have to fear since we know that God overcomes and is standing beside you.
I know it may sound a little extreme but we belong to God and as a obedient servant, we need to fufill these plans he has for us...even if that leads us out of our comfort zone. Remember that God is our father and we belong to him.
It is not our job to choose what we do, we leave that in God's hands. What matters is how we act to the situation in that time given to us.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down