Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Mundane Work Still Offering to God - July 10, 2013

Go down

Mundane Work Still Offering to God - July 10, 2013 Empty Mundane Work Still Offering to God - July 10, 2013

Post  James Wed Jul 03, 2013 3:06 am

Psalms 90:17
17 And may the Lord our God show us his approval and make our efforts successful. Yes, make our efforts successful!

John 10:10
10 The thief’s purpose is to steal and kill and destroy. My purpose is to give them a rich and satisfying life.

Romans 12:1
1 And so, dear brothers and sisters, I plead with you to give your bodies to God because of all he has done for you. Let them be a living and holy sacrifice—the kind he will find acceptable. This is truly the way to worship him.

God establishes the work of our hands by giving us gifts that will make a difference in the lives of others. That's what success is - being what God meant for you to be. Jesus said, "My purpose is to give [you] a rich and satisfying life." (John 10:10 NLT)

You may be thinking, Well, Rick, what about work that needs to be done but doesn't express my gifts; it just has to be done?

Any homemaker knows exactly what I'm talking about. I would say to you that every job, even the one you are suited for, has mundane parts. Every job has some parts to it that you won't like, but you can still worship God through those parts of the job.

And I would suggest you adopt this attitude: "Maybe this job that I'm in right now is a phase of my life and I'm not going to be here the rest of my life. But this is where I am for now; therefore, I will worship God right now."

The apostle Paul says, "Take your everyday, ordinary life - your sleeping, eating, going-to-work, and walking-around life - and place it before God as an offering." (Romans 12:1 MSG)
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down