Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

9/12/2012

5 posters

Go down

9/12/2012 Empty 9/12/2012

Post  jaake kwon Mon Dec 10, 2012 8:01 pm

I think this sunday was something on how sometimes, God will seem to be silent in our life.
Something along the lines like; "absence" of God. It makes us reflect upon whether we're really prepared for that phase in our journey.

As a Christian, we're going all in with everything we have on the table. We have to be prepared for anything as soon as we confirm our faith.
It puts a lot more pressure on everything we decide to do with our faith.

There's really no sitting on the fence with God, because he really sees right through us. So we should really consider whether we're strong in our faith, and if we're not, take immediate action.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

9/12/2012 Empty Re: 9/12/2012

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Dec 11, 2012 1:25 am

Faith in god is not easy for humans. We frequently doubt and tend to go towards what we desire.
God has a plan for all of us and we must accept it. It's hard sometimes to obey everything. There can be some difficult obstacles to pass.
For Mary, she had to go through many problems in order to carry out god's will.
Many people must have looked down on her and many like her parents and her husband to be must have been surprised when finding out that she was pregnant before marriage.
When feeling as if you are at rock bottom, do not throw your anger and frustration towards god. Know that he has a purpose for everything and all is planned out for the better.

~Audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Dec 12, 2012 1:28 am

Greetings earthlings
My internet is officially consistently working again
yay.

Like Jake, the main thing that stood out to me was God is silent, but is never still
I like how Dan shared some of his past experiences to give us an understanding that ANYONE, even Pastors encounter issues with God
Sometimes he's so absent, sometimes we get angry at him
But it's never him angering us, he's never still. I think sometimes he hides from us to make us stronger.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Dec 13, 2012 2:08 am

i agree with kevin and jake

God knows the the ones in need are closer to Him rather than the ones who have it all. God may stay silent just so that he can make us desperate instead of us just having him as an asset. God may be silent but he will never stay still. but i beleive that God is silent to make us stronger

Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Fri Dec 21, 2012 8:43 pm

God let's us decide our choices, but he chooses the destination. Which is what I think pastor daniel was trying to get across to us with his sermon.
We might go through lots of trouble but remember God is only staying silent during those times because he wants to see if you're able to get through it and become successful!
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down