Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

October 14th - Beatitudes

3 posters

Go down

October 14th - Beatitudes Empty October 14th - Beatitudes

Post  James Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm

Some of these beatitudes, I see them as OPEN commands, which kinda means that it doesn't SAY to do it directly, but it's kinda implied.

But it seems to really focus on times of struggle,
as God comforts us by stating how we would be rewarded, looked and cared after, and how God would provide for us.
God truly blesses those that seek Him, and aren't left alone as God hears our cries.
My favourite one is verse 6,
Blessed are those who hunger and thirst for righteousness, for they will be filled.
The mystery of being "filled" really hits me, but what it imposes is that He would provide for all of us,
when we hunger for this, or thirst for that.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

October 14th - Beatitudes Empty Re: October 14th - Beatitudes

Post  James Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:25 pm

oh crap, my bad :$
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:05 pm

We ask for so much and only come to God when we want something for ourselves. And once we get what we ask for, we think we're good and forget to stop and thank him for all that he has given us. It's like we use God for our own wants. But even then, he will still open his arms to us and listen.
I also like what pastor daniel said in his sermon about how people who are considered in a good perfect life on earth don't have room for God in their lives since their cup is already full with unessecarry things in their life. The ones who have an abundant amount of room in their life have room for the word of God to enter their lives.
That sort of reminds me of the story in the bible about the farmer planting seeds......
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Oct 16, 2012 12:06 am

I like how Pastor Daniel preached of how somebody who is perfect doesnt look towards God and theones who have less do. The ones who are perfect with everything have no room for God and does not need God in their opinion because they already have everything and are not going through any struggles. While the ones with less need God because they are empty inside and are struggling and need help.
Nobody can start perfect meaning that everyone started at the same stage and everyone should be thankful to God to provide them with whathehas given us But as Dan preached we always forget about God when somethings good happens because we asked him for something and once we get that we forget that we even asked him in the first place.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down