Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Sept 9th 2012

5 posters

Go down

Sept 9th 2012 Empty Sept 9th 2012

Post  jaake kwon Sun Sep 09, 2012 9:53 pm

OHMYGOODNESS ITS GOOD TO FINALLY BE ABLE TO DO THESE AGAIN. YOU GUYS DON'T UNDERSTAND HOW PAINFUL IT WAS TO LISTEN TO THE 5 HOUR SERMONS IN KOREAN. EVEN IF I DID UNDERSTAND IT, I'D PROBABLY NOT LAUGH AT THE JOKES.

Anyway, well. First week where Billy and Jen isn't actually there as a praise team member. Pretty saddening. Ohwells. Today's sermon. I think Dan was talking on......brainfart. Hold on, I've been on that sentence for like 10 min.
OK, well. Afterthesermon, during the ohana groups, we talked about what we actually come to church for, and I want to talk about that for a quick second. I don't know about you guys, but I think that we have enough time in the week to praise God in the weekdays and whatnot, but what I come to church for, is to actually be helped BY God.

I'm not saying that I don't wanna help him myself by doing so, but yeah that's a bonus for me. What I wanted was to be renewed, and to walk out of church with a renewed soul? OHRIGHT THE SERMON WAS ON THE SOUL. OK. NOW IT RELATES. My brain's magical XD.

But Yeah, my point is, we might come to church to praise God, but I want to say, guys; God helps us when we go to church multiple times fold how much we help him. Don't come to church with pride, come to church shamelessly.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Sept 9th 2012 Empty Re: Sept 9th 2012

Post  Kevin Mon Sep 10, 2012 12:38 am

Welcome Back JAKE!
It's horrible to have you here again.
JOKES! I'm a nice guy.

The part that stuck out to me the most of today's sermon was taking steps in the right direction, however small those steps are. No one ever starts off taking "big steps". We all start of small, and gradually take bigger steps.
Whatever change it is that we make in our lives, small or big, it needs to be in the right direction.
Gradually, those steps will be bigger.
I really liked that part of the sermon

good night
School tomorrow...blows.
Bye eveyrone
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Mon Sep 10, 2012 6:20 pm

Kevin wrote:Welcome Back JAKE!
It's horrible to have you here again.

jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Mon Sep 10, 2012 8:47 pm

i also thought the part of the sermon that was talking about taking small steps in the beginning will lead into bigger steps as we go along. in our ohanna group, janet gave us two pieces of cue cards to write what we would like to change about ourselves this week and to pray for each other. this is an example of taking a small step, by improving and trying to correct something small can change into something bigger. just doing the right thing will allow you to take a small step forward...not a bad thing making you step back!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Mon Sep 10, 2012 9:10 pm

In the sermon he said that it's hard to take a big giant step towards God. One step at a time, we become more closer to him. And I think we need to remenber to set realistic goals and start with that. eventually we'll get to where we should be but that only happens if we decide to make even the smallest step forward. Of course God will be with you and will be there to help you along the way.
No matter how big or how small your step is, you should be slowly moving forward.
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Tue Sep 11, 2012 10:57 pm

The main message i got fromm the sermon was that We all start with small steps and eventually get bigger and bigger steps.

A REALLLLLLLLLLY good example of this is how we walk. We didnt start by running but started with just getting up. not even a step. We eventually took our first step and took is slow and little by little we eventually learned how to take strides. This can relate to our walk with God because we all started with small steps and we grow up and mature with God and begin to take bigger and bigger steps
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down