Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Psalm 119 August 14th

+6
Pa Ta Rick
Kevin
Sarah Oh
Esther
josephpaik
James
10 posters

Go down

Psalm 119 August 14th Empty Psalm 119 August 14th

Post  James Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:24 pm

James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Psalm 119 August 14th Empty Re: Psalm 119 August 14th

Post  josephpaik Tue Aug 14, 2012 11:58 pm

Hey guys.. althoguh this chapter was really long we discussed all of it and Dan pointed out that the whole chapter relates to the most important verse.
i have hidden your word in my heart
that i might not sin against you.

This is a really positive goal and a specific goal we should make an effort to achieve.
even though Dan is basically forcing us to memorize the verse, i think we should reflect and really understand waht the verse means as well as apply it to our lives.
With everything that we do, we should always have Gods words in our heart and guiding us through rights and wrongs.
cause trust God Smile
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:03 am

okay guys... I'm basically too tired to function. and I know that may not be a good excuse but I honestly can't think right now so!
Tomorrow guys!
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:11 am

137: Righteous are you, O LORD,
and your laws are right.
Psalm 119 basically focuses strongly on God's laws and his word.
It led me to read over Exodus and Leviticus, really stressing on how important they are.
Last sunday, Peter talked about what the Bible stands for.

Basic
Instructions
Before
Leaving
Earth

aha, also focusing on his guidelines. There's definitely no excuse for not knowing what he did wrong.
It's all set down for us.
His commandments and laws give us wisdom on how to act, and how to think.
It sets our morals and they should all be the same.
Just like Jesus'.
It's so important to know, as it allows us to guide us through our entire lives, giving us the clear answer to many questions.

112: My heart is set on keeping your decrees to the very end.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Aug 15, 2012 12:15 am

72 "The law from your mouth is more precious to me than thousands of pieces of silver and gold."
This verse reminded me of Dan Kim's sermon last Sunday. It was about being a living sacrifice and denying your own longings. In this world, having thousands of pieces of silver and gold, clearly means you have TONS of money. And having a lot of money means having lots of power. However, to be able to live a good Christian life, we have to deny all that money, and power, or any other longings. Those riches may seem useful during our lifetime, but once we die, they won't be so precious anymore, and the real treasure is being allowed into heaven!

93 "I will never forget your precepts, for by them you have preserved my life."
Just a reminder to follow God's rules, or else you're life will not be "Preserved".

96 "To all perfection I see a limit; but your commands are boundless."
First of all, nothing is perfect. God never made anything perfect. Well other than Jesus, but he wasn't meant to be a regular human being. God's rules are the only thing that will last and always be perfect. Living accordingly to God's rules can help us live a perfect life.

106 "Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."
I really like this verse. It's so profound, dont you think? The Lord's word will lead us to everlasting salvation and will provide us with guidance in dark times.

143 "Trouble and distress have come upon me, but your commands are my delight."
Even when we're having a rough life, we have to keep trusting in God. As long as we keep having faith, the pain will eventually ease.

That is all!
Good Night!
-Sarah
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:27 am

Hahaha we've read this before and as before
The thing that stuck out to me was obedience and righteousness.
As servants of God, and as leaders, we should obey and reflect our righteousness.
As praise team members, we're always being watched, inside of church. facebook, whatever.
Setting an example would be wise.
This whole chapter stresses laws, commandements, so much. The reason i think so is because sometimes, I think God's "laws" are taken lightly because we've been guarnteed salvation is we believe in Christ as our saviour. But that doesn't mean we should disregard his laws, it means we should be extra grateful and passionate of our salvation, that we would WANT to obey those laws.
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Wed Aug 15, 2012 1:39 am

Finally Psalms 119 =)

This was a really long chapter and alot of things stood out to me.

First off verse 11 obviously we've memorized this verse and went over the meaning behind it.
"I have hidden your word in my heart, that i might not sin against you."

We, as followers of Christ should always have God in our heart. We should engrave him inside of us so that we are able to praise him and it will prevent us from doing evil deeds. I am pretty sure we all had a time when we were about to commit a sin(such as stealing) we get a feeling that we shouldnt do it because it isnt right. We should always feel like this, with God in our heart always helping us repel sin away from us.

Secondly, verse 103 stood out to me.
"How sweet are thy words unto my taste! yea, sweeter than honey to my mounth!"

We all know that honey is really sweet and tastes really good. So what this verse is pretty much saying is that just like how honey brings sweetness to our mouths, our senses, God's words bring sweetness and happiness to our lives.

Another verse that really stood out to me was verse 105

"Thy word is a lamp unto my feet, and a light unto my path."

I can really see this, God is our sheppard and we are his sheep, whatever the sheppard commands, the sheeps follow. Without God, we would be walking in a endless path, but because of his word, his light, we are able to follow the path.

all i got gnite

hoping u guys had a fun time with street missions Very Happy
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed Aug 15, 2012 8:14 am

got my 아침햇살, ready to function and all warmed up from the guideline devo.

2 Blessed are those who keep his statutes
and seek him with all their heart—
18 Open my eyes that I may see
wonderful things in your law.
25 I am laid low in the dust;
preserve my life according to your word.
58 I have sought your face with all my heart;
be gracious to me according to your promise.
59 I have considered my ways
and have turned my steps to your statutes.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------
i picked a couple of lines, that kinda roughly focus on a topic that's been on my mind for awhile; spiritual hunger. i really don't know about you guys, but i think my time in the praise team has really made me reflect upon my faith, and how i approach God. it made me question who my time in the praise team was for, and what i should see it as. "Do I enjoy this, more than He does?" "Is this a better way for me express my praise, or am i the only one receiving in this relationship?"

Here's what I happened to come across so far. God, is always giving.
Let's say, God, originally consistently gave [x].
Now, it's impossible for us to give back the same amount, but let's say we gave back as much as we could.
We have to realize, that God, takes notice of these things, and this relationship, DEVELOPS, as we try to give more, take more, waant more, and learn more.

God's relation to you is unlike any other, cuz THIS ONE, develops more when you WANT more.
pretttyyyyyyyyyyyyy cool huh. yeuh. yeah. peace. i'm tired.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Aug 15, 2012 9:37 pm

Sorry I coudnt post yesterday....looong chapter and fell asleep in the middle.

So i understood everything in two parts:
-God leads our way
-rejoice and give thanks

-God leads our way
there are so many verses that say this so I'll just share the one that stood out to me the most.
Verse 105:
"Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path."
That is one of my favourite verses in psalms 119. It explains how God lights up the way for us. We don't know what's ahead of our feet on our path. God knows exactly where and what were going towards and he is the reason why we're able to see. Where there is light, there cannot be darkness. Live accoring to his word and God will light up the path for us so we can see what's right in front of us.

-Rejoice and give thanks:
there's not a certain verse I can share with you but I just think that this topic has been stated many times in this chapter. Not even just this chapter, this has been said so many times in all of Pslams. Our entire time on the earth isn't enough to thank God for everything he has done for us. Knowing that we will have eternal life, knowing that we will still live even when were not on earth anymore, there are countless things we should thank him for. He is worhty of all the praise in the world. His love and compassion is longer than forever. Praise the Lord for all he has done!

I have to study for an exam tomorow at summer school now.....well, I guess I'll see you guys soon!
~audrey~
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Christine Kim Wed Aug 15, 2012 11:06 pm

hey guys sorry for not being able to post yesterday! i was out for the whole day and came back home late!
okay so the general message of the loong chapter was about obedience and rejoicing in our God. Our God is our leader in our life and therefore, it is our duty to obey him and rejoice in his laws that prevent us from committing evil sins.

105 Your word is a lamp to my feet and a light for my path.
i thought that this verse was a good example of the message that i got out of this whole chapter. God's words are his laws as the whole chapter talks about and that is what lights our way in the darkness. without his words and light, we wouldn't be able to tell where we are in the path that we are walking in. he is our leader, our guide.

133 Direct my footsteps according to your word; let no sin rule over me.
similar idea to verse 105, but i like how it talks about how from God directing our way, sin will not take over us. obeying God and listening to his words ALWAYS results in good things, no? because he would be directing our way, he will always be watching over us and protecting us from the evil!

176 I have strayed like a lost sheep. Seek your servant, for I have not forgotten your commands.
okay to sum up my devos, i thought that this verse was referring to how God is our sheppard as we are his sheep. all sheep can do is obey their sheppard and not do anything stupid. for we our under God's commands and we will obey his words to the end. his words and laws are beautiful because they guide us to the wonderful reward that will be rewarded.

that is all for today! goodnight!
Christine Kim
Christine Kim
minion

Number of posts : 186

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo Thu Aug 16, 2012 1:11 am

ohmy, don't know where to start for this chapter, it pretty much covers everything the rest of the psalms do. the condensed version of psalms in one very long chapter
anywho, there were many messages in the chapter, mainly revolving around laws and obeying God and whatnot, but one verse stuck out a lot

73 Your hands made me and formed me;
give me understanding to learn your commands.

Simply put, we were made by God to love and revere him, it's just by free will(y) that we may disobey him. But all the way down to the basics, God made us so he could love us, and so that we could love him. A lot of times, we may lose sight of God's purpose for us, and in today's world, it's becoming easier and easier to do that, but staying focused on what God has planned for us is what we should reaalllyy strive towards. God really does work in mysterious ways, and ending up where we're meant to be is definitely a rough road, but when we do, we're guaranteed salvation through Jesus Christ. That in itself is the greatest reason one could ever have to explain why we live our lives the way God told us to. So even if it's hard, tough it out and live the life God made us to live.
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down