Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

psalm 85 july 27

5 posters

Go down

psalm 85 july 27 Empty psalm 85 july 27

Post  DunNo Wed Jun 27, 2012 10:40 pm

a
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

psalm 85 july 27 Empty Re: psalm 85 july 27

Post  DunNo Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:01 pm

8 I will listen to what God the Lord says;
he promises peace to his people, his faithful servants—
but let them not turn to folly.

9 Surely his salvation is near those who fear him,
that his glory may dwell in our land.

I thought these verses really spoke out to me. It was powerful in the sense that it reminded me to fear God no matter what. This verse says God promises us salvation if we follow his lead and personally, I don't take that promise lightly, because salvation from God means that there has to be something from my end too, so all in all, these verses reminded me to follow God through any trials he sets because by doing so, I am promised salvation
DunNo
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  jaake kwon Wed Jun 27, 2012 11:34 pm

Sorry, missed out alot. Don't know why, really. Just getting lazy now that summers here.... o-o

3 You set aside all your wrath
and turned from your fierce anger.

We can never put God in the right point in our view. Sometimes, we view him as a God and our relationship should be nothing more than servant and master. Sometimes, we view him as a companion who would listen to all your problems and always say that you're right. Sometimes we view him as a father, and then just treat him like crap, cuz we don't acknowledge the kind of smack he holds up from us in his day to day life.

We can never show enough appreciation for God, but we even go far enough to do the opposite. We disrespect him, and dishonor ourselves, the ministry, and God.

But the thing is, he's never getting fed up. He doesn't just drop the towel. He uses reason, rationality, love, and dedication to get his message across.

Ever been angry at someone and they've tried to relate to you, and apologized to you, and you still turn them down? God does that all the time, 'cept for the fact that, often, it's ourselves who bring ourselves to our own demise. Then we just blame God for it.
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:21 am

The part that stuck out to me in this chapter was the part where it describes gods mercy. He sucks up all of our crap and still loves us and forgives us and doesn't unleash his fury upon us. It reminds me that I have to also act like this and forgive others and not punish them, whether its within myself or outwardly!
It also reminds me of how much god really gives us every single day! Like I wonder where he has all of this hidden -not really hidden but like it awes me that he has so much mercy, so much patience, and so much love!
It also reminds me of my sin and all that I have done against god in the past and present. It makes me want to think of my actions more and think of wwjd a lot more as well!
That's all I got from today! Smile
Night all!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:42 am

God is just truly amazing.
He still loves us after everything we did to him, even if we deny him,even if we curse him, no matter what we do good or bad God will ALWAYS love us. Reading this chapter is really comforting because it reminds you that no matter what you do God Loves You. but this doesnt mean we should go out and do bad things, this just shows how much of a Loving God He is.
Verse 10
"Mercy and truth are met together righteousness andpeace have kissed each other"
God really shows us mercy, he is the almight God and he can destroy us anytime, but even tho we do such bad things we loves us. his mercy and truth just really shows us how much of a loving God he s.Righteouness and peace, GOd wants to be righteous and peaceful. He wont just bring suffering to those who dont love him. He isnt like that, he shows peace and makes righteous descisions to show us and the world just how he loves us so.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Thu Jun 28, 2012 12:46 am

Guys, forgive me on loafting on devos, it really isn't fair that I didn't do mine the past two days.

12: The Lord will indeed give what is good, and our land will yield its harvest.

This verse really stuck out to me.
The Lord gives us, as an image of Him. We're so undeserving.
With the image, the body, our "land", will grow.
We will grow in God, and grow with Christ in us.
We will produce great fruit, providing those without it.
I took this verse very literally, and as disciples of Christ, we're the ones that are chosen to produce good fruit, to represent His name and to serve Him.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down