Always Worship
Very Happy

JUST DO IT HERE UNTIL KEVIN GETS BACK FROM WORK! SUNDAY JUNE 10-2012

Go down

JUST DO IT HERE UNTIL KEVIN GETS BACK FROM WORK! SUNDAY JUNE 10-2012

Post  josephpaik on Sun Jun 10, 2012 10:31 pm

What i got from this week was treat others the way you want to be treated.
If you're a jerk to everyone and expect everyone to love you and care for you, you're completely stupid.
The sermon can stress this enough......... dont treat others terribly if you dont want them to do the same.
Thats why i laughed when that Josh kid answered Dan Joos question... cause he has no respect for other people.
LOL
BYE!
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Re: JUST DO IT HERE UNTIL KEVIN GETS BACK FROM WORK! SUNDAY JUNE 10-2012

Post  jaake kwon on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:03 pm

Ok..Soo we learned last week, about how character traits label who we are, and how what we do represents the groups we're associated with, and vice versa. This week, the sermon was on how we all have different roles in our place in this world. And if we don't play it right and respect that other people have their other roles, we're not being a very nice team player. As a team, I guess we're just trying to do good things, succeed, keep the world moving and spread the word/love. But without respecting other peoples' roles, your role, and realizing our character traits, we can't get the good stuff done.

So as long as we all have a broad perspective, we can do good tingz togeda! (no but seriously, BROAD TEAM PERSPECTIVE, never just looking in our roles and our local neighbours.)
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:22 pm

like Joseph, what i got from the sermon that we are to act towards others as we would like to be treated.
and its not only that, like sacrificing the good things for other people, on just a logical standpoint, i realized when i treat people kindly and with respect and whatnot, some people are plain jerks, but most people want to do things for you in return. so even though its a nice thing to act kindly towards others, it is ultimately beneficial to you as well. ALSO, when you act nicely all the time, it gives you leverage in situations where you're in trouble, and it makes people want to be more lenient on you. OVERALL being a nice person pays off and being a jerk is being plain stoopid. tehe night guys!
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  DunNo on Sun Jun 10, 2012 11:40 pm

I thought this weeks message was pretty powerful. It's something we've all learned since we were little, but it's good to be reminded of the "golden rule" every once in a while, because, at least for me, I know I haven't exactly followed it for a long time. But most of all from today's sermon, I was reminded of something someone said a while ago. I think it might've been Sam or Sia (maybe), but whoever said that pity was literally the work of the devil. Who are we to decide who's worse off than we are, when really, we're on the same playing grounds. So thats just the things I thought about during todays sermon
DunNo
minion

Number of posts : 281
Birthday : I'm Germs, a maggot.

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther on Mon Jun 11, 2012 1:22 am

Well, I missed a good chunk of the sermon but the part that I remember, I got that we need to put other peoples' needs above our own.
Trying to be selfless is hard, but think of how much better life would be if you were always selfless because it does help you in the long run!
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin on Mon Jun 11, 2012 2:35 am

^^ "Sia"...Lol...

What stuck out to me was the mention of the little girls doing all these "fabulous" things and
eventually turning into brats. Who we are is determined by what we display and the actions we show!
Especially as leaders, as the face of Hi C, be mindful of your actions!
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick on Tue Jun 12, 2012 1:11 am

What i got was that we should just be our selfs. We Shouldnt want to be someone else beause they have more or they are cooler or whatever. We should just be our self. And the example Dan gave about the little girls becomeng toys of their parents, those girls werent born spoiled, but their parens made them do thing that wasnt normal for girl their age. They were being controlled
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Audrey Jong on Tue Jun 12, 2012 10:25 pm

Sunday's sermon was about how we should treat others they way you want to be treated. The message that I got was that we should not judge and rank others lower than other people. This reminds me of the bible verses i remember reading in Psalm. The verse talked about how God made all of us with the same stuff and we are all greatly loved by God. No one is more precious than the other. Love your neighbour. Love the way God has loved you.

Alright, good night guys!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down