Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 7 January 17

+2
Audrey Jong
Kevin
6 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 7 January 17 Empty Ecclesiastes 7 January 17

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:48 pm

Tons of work
I'll post later
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 7 January 17 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 7 January 17

Post  Audrey Jong Tue Jan 17, 2012 10:59 pm

Sorry guys! I went to my friend's house after a looong volleyball tournament......I also have to catch up with a lot of homework that I missed today. I'll have to post tomorow.......

Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:28 pm

Hi everyone!
So this chapter was about wisdom. As soon as i saw the subtitle i thought of King Solomon.... although he isnt mentioned at all in this chapter Razz
3 "Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart."
Kay whaat?? I dont understand that AT ALL. Sorrow is pain, so how is it better than laughter?? And since when is a sad face good for the heart?? I really dont get that.... if someone does, please explain it to me.
29 "This only I have found: God made mankind upright, but men have gone in search of many schemes."
Now this is a verse i understand.
God made everything pure in the begining of it's life. Even Satan was an angel in the begining, right?? It wasnt untill he realized how powerful God was and Lucifer (aka "Satan") wanted that power and God banished him into hell. Thats just like us humans. We are all born as innocent souls, and then Man-kind corrupts us or Satan tempts us into sin. But we have no choice but to become sinners. Everyone sins no matter what. Thats just the way we are, but God wants us to come back to him and turn away from the sin. It's even mentioned in verse 20.
20 "There is not a righteous man on earth who does what is right and never sins"
umm and yeaa thats all i got!
Bye guys, see you soon!!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:46 pm

Loads of good stuff in this chapter!

2: It is better to go to a house of mourning than to go to a house of feasting.
I thought of this was a way of how God made us rely on him. He always finds a way to connect with his sons and daughters. Unfortunately, we forget sometimes to even thank God in times of happiness and when we do, I just know that God has the greatest feeling in the world. I imagined myself helping my friends, but not receiving thanks. It almost seemed as if my friends just used me for help, rather than to play with me or to spend time with one another. I know that's how God feels. He wants everyone to talk to him, at the very least. We definitely would be more likely to turn to him when we are going through our harsh times, but it is intended for us because he outsmarts sin. God is so great, he uses his enemy against us. As we are tempted by the Devil, do we not turn to God? When we lack faith, there's ALWAYS a way for God to reach out to us and help us regrow our faith. This doesn't only include Christians. God makes sure that there's a time in everyone's life where they could come forth and meet God and his son that he gave us. He's always waiting at our doorstep, for us to finally see the light.

14: When times are good, be happy; but when times are bad, consider: God has made the one as well as the other.
God equally has given each of us a time in our lives where we will struggle and many times where we shall live in happiness. As our Father, He can't choose over his children. We are only made equally and he created the Beginning to the End, without a hesitation. He has everything planned for us and we KNOW that we saved and will live in eternal peace in Heaven.

Billy seeks prayer, I don't blame him for being so anxious about his university application. Pray for God to guide him, to calm his heart, and to clear his mind of any regrets.
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Tue Jan 17, 2012 11:47 pm

For those of you keeping up with your devos! Great job.
For those of you who are not, there should be a decent reason.
Keep up
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  josephpaik Wed Jan 18, 2012 1:32 am

sorry for not posting yesterday.. omg i have bio project due tomorrow and since yesterday my partner has been useless.
he slept the whole day and now i need to stay up the whole night... oh my
ill start posting tomorrow cause everythings done. my bad.. useless yutes
josephpaik
josephpaik
Disposable

Number of posts : 347
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 26, 2012 12:37 am

The main question was What is Wisdom?
Wisom in my opinion is making the RIGHT decisions and being thoughtful of everything you do. Something that really stood out was verse 3. "Sorrow is better than laughter, because a sad face is good for the heart" At first i wasnt really agreeing with it because i would rather laugh and be happy rather than being sad and being sad. But after i thought about a bit i realized that In the eyes of God, he wants us to feel in our heart and laughing and being happy is like a cover up, sheilding your heart and just trying to feel something, but being sorrow and sad it really feels your heart and you are truly feeling inside your heart. When you are sad because you lost something very precious, you are deeply sad and your heart aches because you are very mournful and you are feeling from you heart.

Idk if that made sense but thats what i got
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down