Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Ecclesiastes 3

+3
James
Sarah Oh
Audrey Jong
7 posters

Go down

Ecclesiastes 3 Empty Ecclesiastes 3

Post  Audrey Jong Wed Jan 11, 2012 9:15 pm

I see this chapter splitted into two parts:
The first part is from verse 1-15. It talks about how there is a time and place for everything. God doesn't do anything by mistake. It explains better in verse 14: "And I know that whatever God does is final. Nothing can be added to it or taken from it."

God also has a time for the day of judgement. It meantions this in the second part of the chapter which is verse 16 and 17. This part explains about how this world is corrupted by evil. It says in verse 16: "there is evil in the courtroom. Yes, even the courts of law are courrupt!" So then it goes on about how God is comming and has a time for the day of judgement.

That's all for now!
Very Happy ~Audrey~ Cool

P.S, Have you seen the video that Dan posted on the milal website on facebook? It's AWSOME!
Audrey Jong
Audrey Jong
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Registration date : 2011-09-28

Back to top Go down

Ecclesiastes 3 Empty Re: Ecclesiastes 3

Post  Sarah Oh Wed Jan 11, 2012 10:01 pm

I did see the video, Aud! Its so touching!
Like Audrey, I thought verse 14 was interesting.
14 " I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that men will revere him."
You know the saying, "Everything happens for a reason"?
Well, that applies to verse 14. Whether it be bad or good, God has a reason for everything he does in our lives and their is nothing we can do about it.
Bye everyone!!
-Sarah Smile
P.S. If you guys wouldnt mind, but could you please pray for me? Im auditioning for an arts school and the audition is soon. Thanks! Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  James Wed Jan 11, 2012 11:47 pm

This chapter really reminded me of the sermon Pastor Dan gave on Sunday. It was on pivotal moments and how we should take advantage of them to grow spiritually. My father was recently sick and when I came back from school today, I was relived that he wasn't at home. He was at work. I thought that as God made him sick, it really tested my father's relationship with Jesus. And it really meant as if he should be slowing down at work and spending time at home. He really does work hard and it warms my heart to see my father work so hard for my brother and I. Theres always a time for everything, a time of sadness, or a time of happiness. What helps me sleep at night is that God has already planned out everything for us.

17: "God will bring to judgement both the righteous and the wicked, for there will be a time for every activity, a time for every deed." Whatever happens on earth, stays on earth. Making sin trapped in this earth and the Heavens so pure. From a deed so evil to a deed so righteous, God will take into every single "deed" that one has committed. Are we not to be afraid of God? Should it not pressure the followers of Christ to do good?
James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:01 am

Joseph's sick so he said he would do his devo tmr so he can rest up tonight! Razz
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  jennifer Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:07 am

He has planted eternity in the human heart, but even so, people cannot see the whole scope of God’s work from beginning to end.
This verse stuck out to me because it reminded me of something someone said to me before! They said that god had planted eternity into our hearts and that is why we are never satisfied with anything that is earthly and we always want to achieve more, know more, and have more ,etc because we are meant to yearn for our eternal life. If living on earth was the only thing that existed, we'd all feel complete at one point in life Razz but we never do and we never will! I believe this is because we still haven't experienced gods full fledged presence upon us so we don't feel complete because we are not close enough to god! Smile
So connecting back to the previous chapters, I would say that everything on earth is in fact useless because it will never quench our thirst that can only be quenched by god Smile
Gnight y'all!!
jennifer
jennifer
Disposable

Number of posts : 304
Birthday : My birthday isnt important :(
Registration date : 2011-01-12

Back to top Go down

Post  Esther Thu Jan 12, 2012 2:51 am

14 I know that everything God does will endure forever; nothing can be added to it and nothing taken from it. God does it so that people will fear him.
hmm, that word, "fear"? I was puzzled by it for quite some time. I actually had to read it a few times over, in the bible, a while back and then I had to talk to my small group leader at the time and learned "fear" is supposed to be similar to us being awe-struck. Not actually afraid.
I just thought you guys should know, too! (:

18 I also said to myself, “As for humans, God tests them so that they may see that they are like the animals.
I'm going to assume this means something along the lines of "We're not perfect"?
Well, ...I thought it was interesting that this was written because, if you haven't noticed, we aren't all that nice to animals. In fact, we take them for granted and abuse them.
So.... analogy for how we treat humans the same?
Okay, I'm not even understanding myself anymore. LOL
ZZZZZzzzzz. GOODNIGHT GUYS. LOL SORRY FOR THE RANDOM STOPPING BUT I'M JUST LOST. LIKE, MY BRAIN HAS SHUT DOWN.
Esther
Esther
Disposable

Number of posts : 368
Registration date : 2011-01-11

Back to top Go down

Post  Kevin Thu Jan 12, 2012 3:48 am

Didn't get much but
that There is a time for everything
I liked how the scripture included a variety of examples.
The first part of this chapter is generally applicable in our everyday lives.
Time and place for everythingg.
That's it hahaa.............
Kevin
Kevin
Perfection

Number of posts : 903
Birthday : i'm an orphan
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Pa Ta Rick Thu Jan 12, 2012 9:12 pm

Generally speaking, there is a time for everything...
God has already planned ahead to for our futures. he already knows when we will die, when we will acheive a certain goal. God had planned for ourbeing even before we were born. I think that this is what this chapter was getting to. God will have a time for everything in our lives.
Pa Ta Rick
Pa Ta Rick
Admin

Number of posts : 409
Birthday : Snitching Since 1945. I'm a monk.
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down