Always Worship
Very Happy

Join the forum, it's quick and easy

Always Worship
Very Happy
Always Worship
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

jan 8

4 posters

Go down

jan 8 Empty jan 8

Post  jaake kwon Sun Jan 08, 2012 6:58 pm

whew.
ok so what i remember is that Jesus went to Lazarus to treat him as a dead man.
i really didnt get the point of this and i actually have a couple questions of my own;
why would Jesus have to show that he can defy death again?
who was He making a point to?
why did it have to be Lazarus?

I had tons more of questions loaded in my head and I just cant put em in a line.
sorry i didnt have much to give o-o;;
jaake kwon
jaake kwon
Disposable

Number of posts : 338
Birthday : 7.21
Registration date : 2011-10-10

Back to top Go down

jan 8 Empty Re: jan 8

Post  James Sun Jan 08, 2012 10:51 pm

The last sermon on Growing Up. Big Moments!

It's really hard to appreciate the bad times that we struggle with, especially the pivotal moments. In my opinion, its even hard to appreciate the good times, as we sometimes tend to forget what God has given us. Whatever the circumstance, I believe and know that God makes everything happen for a reason. Its definitely hard to stay faithful. When I came back to our fabulous lunch that Pastor Daniel had bought for us, I saw my father stay at home because he was sick. I hope that it isn't a pivotal moment, and that God will heal him. Please pray for him Smile

James
James
Disposable

Number of posts : 411
Birthday : No one cares about my birthday. I like kids.
Registration date : 2011-09-25

Back to top Go down

Post  Sarah Oh Mon Jan 09, 2012 12:05 am

I'll pray for you dad James!! Smile Hope he gets better soon!

So today's sermon was on "Big Moments"
What i got from it was that God only puts you in bad situations to make you turn to God for help.
A lot of people have brought this up but you only really turn to God in bad times and not really good or happy times. He also creates bad moments to make miracles or "pivotal moments" which change everything. Just like how Jesus waited for Lazarus to die, so that he could prove to more people that he is the Son of Christ whom God had sent to save them.

Kay thats it!! Good luck on your first day of school everyone!! I'll pray for you guys!!
Byee!!
-Sarah Smile
Sarah Oh
Sarah Oh
minion

Number of posts : 251
Registration date : 2011-09-26

Back to top Go down

Post  Billy Kim Mon Jan 09, 2012 3:22 am

Well today's sermon was interesting because I shared the devo that's very similar to what pastor rabbi said. He said tradgedies happen so that we can learn from them. I said we fall because that's the only way we can learn how to stand up and also that can strengthen us. I need to keep in mind that bad stuff happens to us so we can turn TO God not turn ON God. We often make that mistake and usually when bad things happen, things always tends to work out for the best or we learn to cope with it. I don't think that's a coincidence cuz things can always turn a lot worse, up to the point where people even commit suicide. Take in that God doesn't cause all the bad moments but most of the time we cause them but God lands us a hand when we can't handle things by ourselves so we can handle by ourselves if it happens again. He's kinda like our vaccine. Remember to always rely on God even in our good times. That why we sing "I'm counting on God".
Billy Kim
Billy Kim
Disposable

Number of posts : 345
Birthday : August 4th
Registration date : 2009-08-17

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum: